Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #1
Firestar

invader zim cosplay?

has anyone ever done this? for those people who dont know what it is... it was a cartoon on nickelodeon for awhile then canceled because the guy who created it, jhonen vasquez (he made the comics jthm and squee and i feel sick... and that stuff), wanted to do stuff that they couldnt air. so bascially thats it. i actually had someone hand make me a costume just for halloween. it was gir (in the doggy suit), obviously, from invader zim. has anyone cosplayed this before or plan to? <3
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-13-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
Antariel

I've seen doggy GIR's done before. I'm sorry I can't give any websites or pictures.

I've thought about making PooPDawg when I have plenty of money for it. Perhaps I'll make a can of Poop too.

I'm still so bitter that they cancelled it, I heard it was because he wanted to make one big episode based on a fart joke. Nikelodeon said no.. Nickelodeon who showed Ren and Stimpy having several episodes about Stimpy's fart coming to life!!!

Anyway, good luck on GIR!! I suggest you give him a piggy or a Crazy Taco hat.
Antariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2005, 12:32 AM   #3
Firestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antariel
I've seen doggy GIR's done before. I'm sorry I can't give any websites or pictures.

I've thought about making PooPDawg when I have plenty of money for it. Perhaps I'll make a can of Poop too.

I'm still so bitter that they cancelled it, I heard it was because he wanted to make one big episode based on a fart joke. Nikelodeon said no.. Nickelodeon who showed Ren and Stimpy having several episodes about Stimpy's fart coming to life!!!

Anyway, good luck on GIR!! I suggest you give him a piggy or a Crazy Taco hat.
oh really? i've never seen it before. hah. oh well. i did mine first bitches!

yeah that'd be awesome. what conventions are you cosplayng at? it'd be cool to see another zim character to take pixs w/ but i actually knew the creator. he told me exactly what i posted. i dont remember him mentioning a 'fart episode' but ill definatly ask if he's ever online again or i see him somewhere again. but i liked that episode of ren and stimpy <333

haha. i need no luck as of the gir costume, the costumes done. its been done actually. i had a piggy that doubled as a bag for my halloween candy... but since for all my costumes, i always end up carring stuff around, not to mention my excessive shopping so i have a million bags of stuff to carry. i litterally cant go to a con w/out spending between $1,000 - $10,000. hah. im pathetic.
Unread 05-14-2005, 02:59 AM   #4
misato is hot
the reference book

girs been done alot and a few gaz

http://images.cosplay.com/searchgall...hen=&whenterm=
misato is hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2005, 03:34 AM   #5
Firestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by misato is hot
oh wow. oh well mine was firsttttt. hah.
Unread 05-14-2005, 03:54 AM   #6
MrRetsej
Go. Hunt. Kill Skuls.

The best one I've seen to date had to be Professor Membrane.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=5643

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=4697

I've wanted to do this costume for years!

Morgan
Unread 05-14-2005, 02:42 PM   #7
Firestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetsej
The best one I've seen to date had to be Professor Membrane.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=5643

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=4697

I've wanted to do this costume for years!

Morgan
yeah. thats probably the best gir and membrain i've seen. the other girs heads look wrong if there in a full head thing, if its in a hoodie, it didnt look that great. my opinion. thats the only prof. membrain ive seen and its good. really good. the dib isnt that great though.

ps- your username... isnt that from animal crossing?
Unread 05-14-2005, 08:02 PM   #8
Antariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestar
oh really? i've never seen it before. hah. oh well. i did mine first bitches!

yeah that'd be awesome. what conventions are you cosplayng at? it'd be cool to see another zim character to take pixs w/ but i actually knew the creator. he told me exactly what i posted. i dont remember him mentioning a 'fart episode' but ill definatly ask if he's ever online again or i see him somewhere again. but i liked that episode of ren and stimpy <333

I'm going to AnimeNEXT in June, East Coaster here so unfortunately I don't think we'd run into each other anytime soon =/ but I'd love to see pics of your GIR! My Zim stuff probably won't be until next year unfortunately (so broke).
Antariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2005, 03:11 AM   #9
Firestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antariel
I'm going to AnimeNEXT in June, East Coaster here so unfortunately I don't think we'd run into each other anytime soon =/ but I'd love to see pics of your GIR! My Zim stuff probably won't be until next year unfortunately (so broke).
ohh. actually, were moving to new york.. which is on the east coast (duhh) in august. so maybe ill end up seeing ya at some point. hopefully by some point i can see your zim cosplay. ill upload gir pixs as soon as i cosplay at ax. i have the pixs from halloween, but im to lazy to scan them.
Unread 05-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #10
BebopCola2021
Roller of the Katamari

There was an Invader Zim group that got together via forums for Acen! Check us out! I'm Miss Bitters, there's Rikki Simmons (voice of Gir) and his wife, Tak's Cat, Tak, and Dib. *attempts to link* err...well, it will be on my member gallery soon enough. I love Invader Zim though!

Rikki's been doin a lot of cool stuff lately. He and his wife are great artists, here's his site:

http://www.rhumbaghost.com/
BebopCola2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2005, 09:08 PM   #11
NeoSpike

I liek the Zim cosplay stuff. on another note "Orange juice? What are you, a gay? Whale cancer, F- yeah!"
Unread 05-20-2005, 09:57 PM   #12
KaWaii_KuMaChaN
living...just dead inside

yeah i've seen a few people cosplay as Invader Zim but i can't find the links at the moment ^^;;

i'm actually hoping to be Gir[dog suit] for Halloween next year[2006] but i'm gonna have too make it a hooded body suit thing cuz if i'm in a mascot Gir costume i'm probly gonna get to hot n faint or somthing -_-;;and i'm planning on making Dib's shirt just to wear as everyday clothing and a Johnny's[from JTHM] "Z?"shirt too-^_^-

http://myspace.com/kyuuu
be my friend!! =D
KaWaii_KuMaChaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2005, 11:16 PM   #13
Firestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWaii_KuMaChaN
yeah i've seen a few people cosplay as Invader Zim but i can't find the links at the moment ^^;;

i'm actually hoping to be Gir[dog suit] for Halloween next year[2006] but i'm gonna have too make it a hooded body suit thing cuz if i'm in a mascot Gir costume i'm probly gonna get to hot n faint or somthing -_-;;and i'm planning on making Dib's shirt just to wear as everyday clothing and a Johnny's[from JTHM] "Z?"shirt too-^_^-
thats what i did. i made a hoodie cause i cant wear a mascot one... cause 1) i dont know how to make one and i dont know anyone who does. 2) how the hell do you see in there? 3) you'd get super hot. but yeah. i wanted to many the nny shirt that says 'this is my back' hahaha<3
Unread 05-21-2005, 12:53 AM   #14
Siaarn

I'm slowly making an Invader Tak costume, and I'll make GIR someday.
Siaarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2005, 01:09 AM   #15
ChibiToon
What have you done?

I'm doing a Raver/Femme version of ZIM for Otakon.... but I think you know that already anyway....

CT

Future Cosplays: More APH, Angel Sanctuary, CCSakura, K-ON, TsubasaRC, and Kuroshitsuji.
ChibiToon is offline   Reply With Quote