Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #1
Firestar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 615
invader zim cosplay?

has anyone ever done this? for those people who dont know what it is... it was a cartoon on nickelodeon for awhile then canceled because the guy who created it, jhonen vasquez (he made the comics jthm and squee and i feel sick... and that stuff), wanted to do stuff that they couldnt air. so bascially thats it. i actually had someone hand make me a costume just for halloween. it was gir (in the doggy suit), obviously, from invader zim. has anyone cosplayed this before or plan to? <3
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-13-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
Antariel
Registered User
 
Antariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 90
I've seen doggy GIR's done before. I'm sorry I can't give any websites or pictures.

I've thought about making PooPDawg when I have plenty of money for it. Perhaps I'll make a can of Poop too.

I'm still so bitter that they cancelled it, I heard it was because he wanted to make one big episode based on a fart joke. Nikelodeon said no.. Nickelodeon who showed Ren and Stimpy having several episodes about Stimpy's fart coming to life!!!

Anyway, good luck on GIR!! I suggest you give him a piggy or a Crazy Taco hat.
Antariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2005, 12:32 AM   #3
Firestar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antariel
I've seen doggy GIR's done before. I'm sorry I can't give any websites or pictures.

I've thought about making PooPDawg when I have plenty of money for it. Perhaps I'll make a can of Poop too.

I'm still so bitter that they cancelled it, I heard it was because he wanted to make one big episode based on a fart joke. Nikelodeon said no.. Nickelodeon who showed Ren and Stimpy having several episodes about Stimpy's fart coming to life!!!

Anyway, good luck on GIR!! I suggest you give him a piggy or a Crazy Taco hat.
oh really? i've never seen it before. hah. oh well. i did mine first bitches!

yeah that'd be awesome. what conventions are you cosplayng at? it'd be cool to see another zim character to take pixs w/ but i actually knew the creator. he told me exactly what i posted. i dont remember him mentioning a 'fart episode' but ill definatly ask if he's ever online again or i see him somewhere again. but i liked that episode of ren and stimpy <333

haha. i need no luck as of the gir costume, the costumes done. its been done actually. i had a piggy that doubled as a bag for my halloween candy... but since for all my costumes, i always end up carring stuff around, not to mention my excessive shopping so i have a million bags of stuff to carry. i litterally cant go to a con w/out spending between $1,000 - $10,000. hah. im pathetic.
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2005, 02:59 AM   #4
misato is hot
the reference book
 
misato is hot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 467
girs been done alot and a few gaz

http://images.cosplay.com/searchgall...hen=&whenterm=
misato is hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2005, 03:34 AM   #5
Firestar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by misato is hot
oh wow. oh well mine was firsttttt. hah.
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2005, 03:54 AM   #6
MrRetsej
Go. Hunt. Kill Skuls.
 
MrRetsej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 75
The best one I've seen to date had to be Professor Membrane.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=5643

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=4697

I've wanted to do this costume for years!

Morgan
__________________
Powder your damn makeup!
-The Makeup Snob
MrRetsej is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2005, 02:42 PM   #7
Firestar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetsej
The best one I've seen to date had to be Professor Membrane.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=5643

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=4697

I've wanted to do this costume for years!

Morgan
yeah. thats probably the best gir and membrain i've seen. the other girs heads look wrong if there in a full head thing, if its in a hoodie, it didnt look that great. my opinion. thats the only prof. membrain ive seen and its good. really good. the dib isnt that great though.

ps- your username... isnt that from animal crossing?
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2005, 08:02 PM   #8
Antariel
Registered User
 
Antariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestar
oh really? i've never seen it before. hah. oh well. i did mine first bitches!

yeah that'd be awesome. what conventions are you cosplayng at? it'd be cool to see another zim character to take pixs w/ but i actually knew the creator. he told me exactly what i posted. i dont remember him mentioning a 'fart episode' but ill definatly ask if he's ever online again or i see him somewhere again. but i liked that episode of ren and stimpy <333

I'm going to AnimeNEXT in June, East Coaster here so unfortunately I don't think we'd run into each other anytime soon =/ but I'd love to see pics of your GIR! My Zim stuff probably won't be until next year unfortunately (so broke).
Antariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2005, 03:11 AM   #9
Firestar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antariel
I'm going to AnimeNEXT in June, East Coaster here so unfortunately I don't think we'd run into each other anytime soon =/ but I'd love to see pics of your GIR! My Zim stuff probably won't be until next year unfortunately (so broke).
ohh. actually, were moving to new york.. which is on the east coast (duhh) in august. so maybe ill end up seeing ya at some point. hopefully by some point i can see your zim cosplay. ill upload gir pixs as soon as i cosplay at ax. i have the pixs from halloween, but im to lazy to scan them.
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #10
BebopCola2021
Roller of the Katamari
 
BebopCola2021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 71
There was an Invader Zim group that got together via forums for Acen! Check us out! I'm Miss Bitters, there's Rikki Simmons (voice of Gir) and his wife, Tak's Cat, Tak, and Dib. *attempts to link* err...well, it will be on my member gallery soon enough. I love Invader Zim though!

Rikki's been doin a lot of cool stuff lately. He and his wife are great artists, here's his site:

http://www.rhumbaghost.com/
BebopCola2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2005, 09:08 PM   #11
NeoSpike
 
Posts: n/a
I liek the Zim cosplay stuff. on another note "Orange juice? What are you, a gay? Whale cancer, F- yeah!"
  Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2005, 09:57 PM   #12
KaWaii_KuMaChaN
living...just dead inside
 
KaWaii_KuMaChaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 108
yeah i've seen a few people cosplay as Invader Zim but i can't find the links at the moment ^^;;

i'm actually hoping to be Gir[dog suit] for Halloween next year[2006] but i'm gonna have too make it a hooded body suit thing cuz if i'm in a mascot Gir costume i'm probly gonna get to hot n faint or somthing -_-;;and i'm planning on making Dib's shirt just to wear as everyday clothing and a Johnny's[from JTHM] "Z?"shirt too-^_^-
__________________
Carpe diem.

http://myspace.com/kyuuu
be my friend!! =D
KaWaii_KuMaChaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2005, 11:16 PM   #13
Firestar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWaii_KuMaChaN
yeah i've seen a few people cosplay as Invader Zim but i can't find the links at the moment ^^;;

i'm actually hoping to be Gir[dog suit] for Halloween next year[2006] but i'm gonna have too make it a hooded body suit thing cuz if i'm in a mascot Gir costume i'm probly gonna get to hot n faint or somthing -_-;;and i'm planning on making Dib's shirt just to wear as everyday clothing and a Johnny's[from JTHM] "Z?"shirt too-^_^-
thats what i did. i made a hoodie cause i cant wear a mascot one... cause 1) i dont know how to make one and i dont know anyone who does. 2) how the hell do you see in there? 3) you'd get super hot. but yeah. i wanted to many the nny shirt that says 'this is my back' hahaha<3
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2005, 12:53 AM   #14
Siaarn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 39
I'm slowly making an Invader Tak costume, and I'll make GIR someday.
Siaarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2005, 01:09 AM   #15
ChibiToon
What have you done?
 
ChibiToon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,154
I'm doing a Raver/Femme version of ZIM for Otakon.... but I think you know that already anyway....



CT
__________________
See Ya Next Year!

Future Cosplays: More APH, Angel Sanctuary, CCSakura, K-ON, TsubasaRC, and Kuroshitsuji.
ChibiToon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.