Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Youmacon

Unread 08-30-2005, 03:16 PM   #46
kira_elric
Enforcing Satisfaction

^^ Well I said the same thing. SO I got on Vic's Webiste, and Asked HIM.
I figured he'd be the best to ask. Yeah it's true. ^^ *squeels* *yays* ^^
kira_elric is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2005, 09:30 PM   #47
Ranken

Im going to try my darnedest to do, but it might be just for one day.
Unread 08-31-2005, 04:01 AM   #48
Random Karen
Sound Effects Ninja

Kira, the official site's been updated too (though it's a little wonky). Finally. Vic and the Power Rangers... why does that sound like a band name or something? I am excited to see Vic though - gah, I need to find something he hasn't signed yet! lol

Kyo progress - shirt, pants, lookin' for a wig and bracelet

Planned: Tira Misu - Sorcerer Hunters, Kokonoe - BlazBlue

Possibles: Tifa; Natsume; UK; Asch; Hino Kahoko; Wolfram, Princess Tamina - Prince of Persia
Random Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2005, 12:08 PM   #49
kira_elric
Enforcing Satisfaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Karen
Kira, the official site's been updated too (though it's a little wonky). Finally. Vic and the Power Rangers... why does that sound like a band name or something? I am excited to see Vic though - gah, I need to find something he hasn't signed yet! lol

i know I was on the offical site last night...^^ *yays!* Oh and My friend says "Have him sign your forehead" Hey it's an idea... ^^
Unread 08-31-2005, 06:00 PM   #50
MillyT
Pudding Queen

I get to come. Yay! XD Not that any one knows me because I haven't been able to get to any MI con ever - although been out of state a couple of times. (unless you count Conjanai which you really can't...) I've got a pretty cool new crossplay I'm working on at the moment I hope to have done by then.
MillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2005, 12:55 PM   #51
kira_elric
Enforcing Satisfaction

So what Crossplay are you doing? It's hard to find you and ambush you for pictures if i don't know. I hope you have fun at your first MI con! ^^
Unread 09-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #52
Ranken

It seems the site has had a new makeover and they extended the $5 off registration deadline to sep 30th. this makes it a lot easier for me to save money. :P
Unread 09-04-2005, 09:32 PM   #53
Ranken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Karen

opps someone beat me to it. ^___^
Unread 09-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #54
Decemberia
Not Medicated Enough

Unhappy

<Soapbox>

I had a bad experience with the people from Youmacon who showed up for JAFAX. They took over Amy Howard-Wilson's table and tried to set up shop without even asking the staff if they could. They just appeared and never once asked if they could advertise (not that JAFAX had any problem with it) and took it upon themselves to also sieze control of one of the rooms that had been rented for the event (Grand River Room, in Kirkhof Center) to run a contest of their own.

On top of that, they were very immature in how they treated the JAFAX staff and how they talked down about JAFAX, despite the fact that JAFAX is entering it's ELEVENTH year

I might going to Youmacon especially after how they tried to shove their merchandise down my throat. Really put me off :|

</soapbox>
Elena from FF:AC - 100%

Last edited by Decemberia : 09-05-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Decemberia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2005, 01:20 PM   #55
Hikaru0
Hellooo~

um wow, you guys are not only on their OWN FORUMS trying to rip their names through the mud, but on here as well.

From what I understand, I've heard Youmacon had ASKED for permission long long in advance, and no one on YOUR end got back to them about advertising. And since when do people need permission to pass out flyers advertising another con at an 'event' as you people claim you are?

I went to JAFAX. I was NOT IMPRESSED with what I saw, if you're going to be that way. You guys were NOT organized, and the staff was less than nice.

Also, aren't you guys an "EVENT" with a "con-like" feel? Why are you so uptight about Youmacon? Sure they're taking people who went to JAFAX, but aren't they just going to go to JAFAX again? Youmacon is far enough away from YOUR EVENT to not clash with your scheduling or to forever 'steal' your attendees.

If you're going to continuously bash Youmacon, you're just going to drive people away, like me for instance, because I'm sick and tired of you guys pissing and moaning just because you have a little eensy bit of jealousy.

For crying out loud, why don't you guys team up instead of be all "NUUU YOUMACON IS RUDE! WAAAHHH" because from what I've met, they're NOT rude. They're actually very polite and are really trying hard.

As for the merchandise, that's not affiliated with Youmacon in any way, from what I remember from speaking to them, that's Anime Tailors, and really, when you walk into a store in the mall aren't you getting 'merchandise' shoved into your face by a salesman? They're just trying to make a few bucks.

Lighten up people.
Hikaru0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2005, 01:41 PM   #56
Decemberia
Not Medicated Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru0
um wow, you guys are not only on their OWN FORUMS trying to rip their names through the mud, but on here as well.

From what I understand, I've heard Youmacon had ASKED for permission long long in advance, and no one on YOUR end got back to them about advertising. And since when do people need permission to pass out flyers advertising another con at an 'event' as you people claim you are?

I went to JAFAX. I was NOT IMPRESSED with what I saw, if you're going to be that way. You guys were NOT organized, and the staff was less than nice.

Also, aren't you guys an "EVENT" with a "con-like" feel? Why are you so uptight about Youmacon? Sure they're taking people who went to JAFAX, but aren't they just going to go to JAFAX again? Youmacon is far enough away from YOUR EVENT to not clash with your scheduling or to forever 'steal' your attendees.

If you're going to continuously bash Youmacon, you're just going to drive people away, like me for instance, because I'm sick and tired of you guys pissing and moaning just because you have a little eensy bit of jealousy.

For crying out loud, why don't you guys team up instead of be all "NUUU YOUMACON IS RUDE! WAAAHHH" because from what I've met, they're NOT rude. They're actually very polite and are really trying hard.

As for the merchandise, that's not affiliated with Youmacon in any way, from what I remember from speaking to them, that's Anime Tailors, and really, when you walk into a store in the mall aren't you getting 'merchandise' shoved into your face by a salesman? They're just trying to make a few bucks.

Lighten up people.
I'm sorry that JAFAX did not meet you needs as an attendee. I only became Secretary two months out from event time. I had no way of really doing anything to make a change in what I see to be an event in dire of need of "going back" to it's roots (The JAFAX 6 era comes to mind). All I merely did was state how I felt about the situation, which doesn't neccessarily reflect JAFAX's opinion.

Youmacon contacted us with barely two weeks left before the event was set to happen. Our cut off date for PR information and flyers is the end of May. We would have had no problem with helping out Youmacon by putting their flyers into the bags, but they did not get into contact with the PR people until after the due date.

Secondly, I wasn't "bashing" Youmacon. I was merely stating an opinion based on my personal experience with their representatives. It was a bad first and subsequent second impression (they pulled the same thing at another small anime event) and I'm sorry if I seemed to have put you "off". That was not my intention.

By all means, go to Youmacon. I plan on going myself in hopes to cement better ties with an event that is just starting out. We're an anime and cosplaying community, and instead of tearing each other apart and breaking ties, we need to unify and work towards bettering each other.

And for the record, JAFAX is an Exposition (hence Japanese Animation Film and Art eXposition), not a con. We're trying to keep a small-time feel to it to cater to the community.

That's all I have to say on the topic. Take it as you wish.
Decemberia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2005, 06:21 PM   #57
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

Isn't that in Troy? I'm going to try and make it, too.
Unread 09-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #58
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

I'll try to make it for at least one day, too....I'll most likely throw Natsumi or Rally on again
Facebook DeviantArt
Shei Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #59
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

Nice...I'm thinking I'll take Sakura with me...and If my friends go, I'll take Sanzo...Oh And I'm going to make Gojyo so my cousin can go as Sanzo...LoL...(She was the one with me in the red chinese dress at the Wizzy Wig cosplay day)
Unread 09-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #60
MillyT
Pudding Queen

I'm going as Rain Jewlitt from Meteor Methuselah. ^_^ The coat is almost finished - just have to dye this long hair of mine... ^_^