Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > CLAMP Series

Unread 05-15-2005, 08:44 PM   #1
XBeanX
It's Only Forever

Chobits Cosplay Help

I want want to make chii's bakery dress but I don't know if I sould do it in blue like in anime or make it pink. Also I have longish blond hair but no bangs. Now that I think about it skip the hole bang thing my hair will do just fine.

Last edited by XBeanX : 05-17-2005 at 01:49 AM.
XBeanX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-15-2005, 11:41 PM   #2
Tess
Cupcake Rufflebutt

There's actually a CLAMP illustration of Chii in a pink bakery dress [would link you up, but I can't find it at the moment], so you wouldn't be terribly off-base by doing it in pink. ^__^ I'm sure a lot of people on cosplay.com will tell you to buy a wig, but I've seen a lot of bangs-less Chii's and have actually come to prefer them over those that use uber accurate wigs. ^^; Chii wigs just look... ugh, unless you spend a ton of money on one, they look downright awful. So long and stringy. >_<;

@-->--- Tess

deviantartacpfacebook
Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2005, 11:55 PM   #3
Firestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess
There's actually a CLAMP illustration of Chii in a pink bakery dress [would link you up, but I can't find it at the moment], so you wouldn't be terribly off-base by doing it in pink. ^__^ I'm sure a lot of people on cosplay.com will tell you to buy a wig, but I've seen a lot of bangs-less Chii's and have actually come to prefer them over those that use uber accurate wigs. ^^; Chii wigs just look... ugh, unless you spend a ton of money on one, they look downright awful. So long and stringy. >_<;

@-->--- Tess
my wig for chii was $60 or something and its great... untill you start walking, breathing, blinking... moving at all. haha. seriously, i dont think theres sucha thing as a wig for chii that wont get screwed up.
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2005, 01:46 AM   #4
XBeanX
It's Only Forever

Im not up for the hole wig thing, to much money and I only cosplay some one with hair like mine(so I don't have to change it in any way), but thanks any ways

Last edited by XBeanX : 05-16-2005 at 01:49 AM.
Unread 05-16-2005, 05:27 PM   #5
OtakuLuLu
Victim Of Changes

wow, everyones cosplaying chi these days.
anyway. If you dont feel comfortable cutting your hair than dont, There are alot of chi cosplayers without bangs. Including me. I used to have bangs but not ne more. and i died my hair brown.
Ive made chi's bakery dress in blue. and it looks very good. there are images in my gallery if you'd like to see. But the pics are when my cosplay was in-progress.

If you end up doing this cosplay, i reccomend you use pattern #8851.
if you go to the cosplay.com classifieds section you can buy a cheap wig their. Ive been meaning to buy this GORGEOUS chi wig from a member called " Hilary" her Sn is Hilary. and she was willing to sekll it to me for 30$. but i havent gotten around to buying it yet. But send her a pm. and theirs your wig problem solved.

But i hope that helps you. Im an ultimate Chobits fan, and know these things since ive been making alot of her costumes lately. so far i have made about 4 chi outfits ! ^^! anyway hope that helps! and if you need any help with anything else, please feel free to PM me!
OtakuLuLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2005, 06:49 PM   #6
ichi
nobody XIII.

If you can manage to find one, a headband with bangs on it would be an easy solution. I know I've seen one somewhere; it's all a matter of making it look good.
Unread 05-16-2005, 07:01 PM   #7
XBeanX
It's Only Forever

Quote:
If you end up doing this cosplay, i reccomend you use pattern #8851.
Yeah I was plaing on useing that one caz I was a post for your on some other from, so once I get the chance to go to wal-mart i'll get it.

Last edited by XBeanX : 05-16-2005 at 07:12 PM.
Unread 05-17-2005, 03:19 PM   #8
OtakuLuLu
Victim Of Changes

Alright, i bought that pattern for $1! And wallmart is pretty exspensive on patterns, so if their is a fabric store somewhere near you, im gonna recomend you go to that one.

responding to your PM:
Post a referance Picture on this forum so i can see which one of her bakery dresses you are gonna be doing. ( assuming her main one which exactly resembles 8851, as i said) . The PM's you have been sending me are confusing me on which outfit you will be doing.
OtakuLuLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2005, 05:53 PM   #9
XBeanX
It's Only Forever

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...bw-picture.jpg I didn't noties this befor the the tops in the manga and anime are a lil diffrent from one another http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/OGsAngel/Chii.bmp so I'll be doing the manga verion of her bakery dress, caz it maches the padern more. Now it's just the matter of picking blue or pink, Im more on the pink side caz I have pink fabrick at my mom's house I need to use.

Last edited by XBeanX : 05-17-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Unread 05-17-2005, 07:01 PM   #10
ichi
nobody XIII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBeanX
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...bw-picture.jpg I didn't noties this befor the the tops in the manga and anime are a lil diffrent from one another http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/OGsAngel/Chii.bmp so I'll be doing the manga verion of her bakery dress, caz it maches the padern more. Now it's just the matter of picking blue or pink, Im more on the pink side caz I have pink fabrick at my mom's house I need to use.
Actually, I think they're the same. It's just that particular shot in the manga that probably has the shoulderstraps more spaced out. o:
Unread 05-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #11
Chikara_Kato

wow, i was actually planning on making that costume too! that or summoner yuna since i have short brown hair 'n' all..... i think pink fabric for chi's dress would suit her personality. good luck with it!
Chikara_Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2005, 11:51 PM   #12
XBeanX
It's Only Forever

ok, if I go with the pink I think I found some ok shoes to go with it http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=3974817 030 I think they will go good.
Unread 05-20-2005, 12:14 AM   #13
Kiniro Hoshi
Call me Lolo o.~

Another thing you can do about bangs is you can buy a cheapish short wig, cut out the front (with the netting, hair, and all), and pin it to your hair. That's what we did for my friend Umi's Lulu costume cuz her mom wouldn't let her cut her bangs. It worked out perfectly and let us get that full look that's almost impossible to get with hair as thin as her's is. The only thing was that the texture was slightly off, but you can't tell unless you're looking closely. Good luck!
Unread 05-29-2005, 02:59 PM   #14
XBeanX
It's Only Forever

Ok, I dont need any more help I have got most of the things I need to start the dress
Unread 05-29-2005, 10:00 PM   #15
Esmeraude_Chiba

Ok. I'm also doing Chii with my sister as Freya.

I'm the type of person who can sew---- but if i dont have a pattern, its a scary thing. :-)

Any suggestions what i could look for for like, the chii/freya in the white and black dresses?

Or chobits patterns period, as I need a plum as well. :-)

Thanks.
And good luck XbeanX, make sure you post pics when youre done. ;-)
Esmeraude_Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote