Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Super Sentai

Unread 05-16-2005, 08:56 PM   #1
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Power Rangers Cosplay? Any1 Interested?

I was really impressed with the Green Ranger that came to ACEN 2005 Saturday night, he got SWARMED with photos, I loved it . So I got to thinking that if he could be there, why not someone else? I've decided I am going to play Ivan Ooze for ACEN 2006 .

My brother says he'll either dress like a Z putty or a Tengu warrior (more likely the former). A friend of mine will definitely be Goldar, and another friend will "attempt" Lord Zedd. We also have a guy who wants to play Rita Repulsa.
I'm really interested to know if anyone else would like to try.

Were hoping to stay towards the more "original" Power Rangers shows, so like no Dino thunder, lost galaxy etc. Anyone interested?
BionicSlime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-17-2005, 09:17 PM   #2
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

woah!!! I would sooo be interested in being the pink or yellow ranger from the original!!! although I have no idea how to make something like that *_* no idea whatsoever >_<;; so we would have to do some major major research, or if someone else would make the helmets.......but I might be interested ^_^
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2005, 10:17 PM   #3
BionicSlime
Super Villain

That might just be doable, at the moment we seemed to be mainly geared towards villains. But I'm sure a ranger or 2 couldn't hurt . I'd love to find more villains, there are hundreds of old school PR monster open for cosplaying. Especially those looking for a challenging outfit, heh.

Here are the PR bad guys characters LOCKED/Chosen for ACEN 2006:

Ivan Ooze
Goldar
Lord Zedd
Rita Repulsa (iffie)
Scorpina (iffie)
Baboo

We are looking for anyone interested in this at all. I found a kick ass Ivan Ooze mask, custom made by a professional mask maker. My friends will be doing the other ones, Rita and Scorpina we are 50/50 on. My brother will more then likely be playing Baboo.

So if anyone wants to be a bad guy, or needs pics for them. Just ask. We'll accept rangers as well if no one really wants to be evil.
Unread 05-17-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
*junbei*
leykis 101

wow i was soo into cosplaying as an original ranger a couple halloweens ago but had trouble with the spandex-jumpsuit so i gave up

D.gray crown clown, Old English, Haseo Xth Form
*junbei* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2005, 07:28 PM   #5
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creeper
That might just be doable, at the moment we seemed to be mainly geared towards villains. But I'm sure a ranger or 2 couldn't hurt . I'd love to find more villains, there are hundreds of old school PR monster open for cosplaying. Especially those looking for a challenging outfit, heh.

Here are the PR bad guys characters LOCKED/Chosen for ACEN 2006:

Ivan Ooze
Goldar
Lord Zedd
Rita Repulsa (iffie)
Scorpina (iffie)
Baboo

We are looking for anyone interested in this at all. I found a kick ass Ivan Ooze mask, custom made by a professional mask maker. My friends will be doing the other ones, Rita and Scorpina we are 50/50 on. My brother will more then likely be playing Baboo.

So if anyone wants to be a bad guy, or needs pics for them. Just ask. We'll accept rangers as well if no one really wants to be evil.

awsome!!! I am already bidding on a blaster gun thing from the first season, so I am almost set on props. I just need to get the coin/morpher, and possibly figure out the bow. I found out that the guy that was the Green Rangr at Acen takes commissions, so i will prob end up comissioning the helmet from him. Thank god ^_^ would this be something in the masqeurade? if so then I can't commission the helmet.....
thanks!

oh by the way, who is Ivan Ooze? I don't remeber him at all........

Last edited by Biscuit : 05-18-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Unread 05-18-2005, 07:36 PM   #6
BionicSlime
Super Villain

No, this PR thing won't be in the masquerade for 2 reasons. 1: I can't use Ivan Ooze because even if Power Rangers is japanese, Ivan Ooze is an american made up character (dam good 1 too ). And reason 2: my friends and I are planning an even BIGGER project for the masquerade, and these outfits are strictly masquerade.

Me and 3 others will be cosplaying as all 4 Dark Masters from Digimon 01. I'll be going as Machinedramon, my brother as Puppetmon and I think we got 2 others for Mechaseadramon and Piedmon.
Unread 05-18-2005, 07:47 PM   #7
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

Quote:
No, this PR thing won't be in the masquerade for 2 reasons. 1: I can't use Ivan Ooze because even if Power Rangers is japanese, Ivan Ooze is an american made up character (dam good 1 too ). And reason 2: my friends and I are planning an even BIGGER project for the masquerade, and these outfits are strictly masquerade.

Me and 3 others will be cosplaying as all 4 Dark Masters from Digimon 01. I'll be going as Machinedramon, my brother as Puppetmon and I think we got 2 others for Mechaseadramon and Piedmon.

oh good ^_^ that is a relief that means I can commission the helmet....heck maybe I should just commission the whole costume *_* no that wouldn't be any fun or any of a challenge XDDD hm...I'll have to see what he charges though.........

well so far looks like i am the only girl XDDD which is soooo much fun ^_^ a magnet for pictures XDDDD

oooo~ Digimon rocks!
Unread 05-19-2005, 03:51 PM   #8
Knightfall
Shadow Soldier

Due to the recent surge of PR cosplay, i've begun considering a couple of ideas. More than likely, i'll try and do the Blue Ranger for the original series. Now, if I could only get ahold of a new morpher (accidentally broke my old one)...
Unread 05-19-2005, 04:12 PM   #9
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightfall
Due to the recent surge of PR cosplay, i've begun considering a couple of ideas. More than likely, i'll try and do the Blue Ranger for the original series. Now, if I could only get ahold of a new morpher (accidentally broke my old one)...

awsome!!!! more rangers! yeah, I need a morpher. I actually am getting 2 of the gun things that the rangers have, on ebay right now for super super cheap ^________^ so that is good.
Unread 05-19-2005, 05:11 PM   #10
mikazuki
三日月

I'm in the process of making costumes from Magiranger for my children but Magiranger is Sentai and not Power Rangers.
mikazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2005, 05:20 PM   #11
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikazuki
I'm in the process of making costumes from Magiranger for my children but Magiranger is Sentai and not Power Rangers.
that's still really cool though. I've never heard of Magiranger *goes to look it up* senati rocks! XDDDD
Unread 05-19-2005, 05:46 PM   #12
BionicSlime
Super Villain

I actually still have all the old toys, morphers, weapons from the PR days. I keep em in a special chest. My Ivan Ooze will turn out really nice because I got a custom mask being made for him, and it's going to look so freaking kick ass . The bad guys we want fall in the line of the original season.

So other then those doing Rangers, anyone who does a bad guy would probably do best to pick from the first couple seasons like Zedd and Rita. It's just a suggestion. Were not really touching Turbo or Zeo etc.
Unread 05-19-2005, 07:04 PM   #13
Knightfall
Shadow Soldier

Quote:
So other then those doing Rangers, anyone who does a bad guy would probably do best to pick from the first couple seasons like Zedd and Rita. It's just a suggestion. Were not really touching Turbo or Zeo etc.
I was considering doing the Phantom Ranger from Turbo or the Gold Ranger from Zeo, but only those two. But in any case, that's for later on down the road.
Unread 05-19-2005, 10:11 PM   #14
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

darn.....kylash can't make the helmet for me >_<;;; so now I have NO idea how to do that *sob* this will be a problem....andyone know anyone who makes the helmet?
Unread 05-19-2005, 10:28 PM   #15
The Hidden Ice

Finally, people i can relate too. I've been loooking for people into this. I'm in the planning and pricing stages of being Wolzard from Magiranger at Ani-Magic. (check avitar) It looks like yoou guys have a great line up. All you need now is Squatt, Finster and maybe a Serpintera for a little extra touch.

I'd love to help if it wern't so out of the way. I'm in SoCal. But that Dark Masters group...I would pack up and go if I could get in on that.
The Hidden Ice is offline   Reply With Quote