Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 01-15-2003, 12:06 AM   #1
XLainoftheWired
Sleep is for the weak.

Red face vinyl advice...

Ok, guys, I posted a thread earlier about this that seemed to die away after a while, no prob, it was to vague anyway. I plan on cosplaying Jiima from chobits come this JACON 2003 and he obviously wears a rather long trench coat thingy made of black vinyl. Anything else he has shouls be simple but the main prob right now is getting a vinyl trench coat. I have seen them on websites for sale and what not, and on ebay, but nothing seems to match correctly. I was wondering, would it be smarter to just get a black vinyl trench coat and alter it by adding length to it with stock fabric or just getting a pattern somewhere for the coat and sewing a vinyl trench coat up myself the way i need it to be? The latter choise would require me to go get a butt-load of black vinyl fabric... and sewing skills for that matter. I atteched a pic, its very hard to see much, but it gives an ok idea. I am still trying to find a better still frame of him or character picture, if you have one please gimme some help. Thanks guys.

Oh yeah Jiima is the guy, Dita is the girl.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ditajiima2.jpg (12.9 KB, 25 views)

Unread 01-15-2003, 12:54 AM   #2
KuroBara
dog of the military

Hmm...that's not a great reference for length. Buying a coat that's too short and adding could work, but it will be difficult matching the 2 vinyls. You could always order too long, then hem it. That would give you a little extra material to add the details with. In order to get it the way you want, you may need option #2- the butt-load of vinyl, sewing skills (relative, friend, class?) and a pattern. Good luck!
Unread 01-15-2003, 11:48 AM   #3
XLainoftheWired
Sleep is for the weak.

anyone else?
Unread 01-15-2003, 12:01 PM   #4
MargauxZ
rox0rz your sox0rz

Same. What KuroBara said.

If you lengthen the coat though, you're going to have a seam SOMEWHERE that you might not want to show on the coat. And then you have to deal with the closures too. Adding? Respacing? But I can't really see the pic too well, so it may not be that big of a deal to you.

Making the coat from scratch is probably going to be easier and cheaper in the long run.
MargauxZ is offline   Reply With Quote