Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Member Artwork

Unread 01-15-2003, 08:32 PM   #1
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

animation final leica reel

Hey. Thought people might be interested to see my animation final, it's a Leica reel, about 3 min long. A Leica reel, btw, is basically a storyboard set to a rough sound and music track and edited to be about the length that the actual shots would be. It's actually a Cowboy Bebop fan film, accidentally; we were assigned to do something inspired by a poem, and I used one I'm very fond of that I can't help but connect with Bebop, and I was kinda listening to Bebop music when I was first drawing the original storyboard so . . . ^^;;;

I'm really not sure I should be posting a direct link . . . I'm not sure why not, I dunno, guess I hope I don't come up on any Google searches, lol.
http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/leica320x480.mov

Also, for those who don't want to DL a mov file that's about 13 MB, here's an illustration I did for the class . . . bear in mind I did it during the night I didn't sleep at all, so maybe not my best; did the inking and coloring at about 5AM. The pose/outfit is copied from this cool vintage poster I found. Don't normally do that, but I needed a hat reference anyway and I just had to draw Faye in that pic. The initial sketch is better . . .
http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/i...fayewanted.jpg

Comments, crits, whatever, are welcome ^^

Last edited by Ayaka : 01-16-2003 at 12:33 AM.
Ayaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2003, 12:18 AM   #2
LiL QoH
Queen of Hentai

Well the link doesn't work... but I cant wait to see it... I have a 10 second final for 2d this quarter and have to make storyboards for it too and a few model sheets

3 minutes.. jeeeesus christ thats like 432087653974-239849-32 frames...
LiL QoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2003, 12:32 AM   #3
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Gwah . . . I knew it! I knew there'd be something wrong with the link if I didn't test it, lol.

Luckily this thing didn't have to move . . . of course, I do kinda intend to animate it at some point . . . I'm gonna die. The longest actual animation I've done (hand-drawn) is like 10 seconds . . .

The link is edited now but here it is again - http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/leica320x480.mov .
Ayaka is offline   Reply With Quote