Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Virginia Cosplay Society

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 06-21-2005, 10:13 PM   #1
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl
 
Star_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,533
Charlottesville August Gathering

Charlottesville Gathering Date! - Wednesday August 3rd at Penn Park in Charlottesville




Ok so the first week of August for a Charlottesville gathering (people who live outside of C-ville are so welcome!!!) I figure we go do a photo=shoot then go to the Asia Buffet for lunch. We need to pic a day (I will be getting into c-ville Sunday the 31st (i think thats the right day) and can do any day that week except the 4th (my grandmas birthday) what would work for everyone (avoiding weekends b/c i will be heading back to NC on sat. or sun.).
and also a place for the photo shoot! C-ville people any ideas for a place in C-ville?? The one i thought of wasnt a good place (thanks for the heads up Riji, lol)
__________________
2010 Conventions
Ichibancon, Katsu, AZ, AMA, Otakon, Celebration V, Dragon*Con, Horrorfind, Neko, AUSA

Last edited by Star_Angel : 07-28-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Star_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-21-2005, 10:17 PM   #2
Riji
Everybody Go Go
 
Riji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Angel
Ok so the first week of August for a Charlottesville gathering (people who live outside of C-ville are so welcome!!!) I figure we go do a photo=shoot then go to the Asia Buffet for lunch. We need to pic a day (I will be getting into c-ville Sunday the 31st (i think thats the right day) and can do any day that week except the 4th (my grandmas birthday) what would work for everyone (avoiding weekends b/c i will be heading back to NC on sat. or sun.).
and also a place for the photo shoot! C-ville people any ideas for a place in C-ville?? The one i thought of wasnt a good place (thanks for the heads up Riji, lol)
We should probably go to a park. Give me a few days and I'll come up with a name. Or we could go downtown again, there's a park next to the library that's a short walk from food. There's a Japanese restaurant downtown as well.
__________________
"No one comes in...no one will be stolen away. A happy future.
An endless banquet. Unchanging."
Riji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:26 AM   #3
zekitty
Come along to rainbowland
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 932
I might be able to go...depending how far away Charlottesville is from VA Beach. ^-^; Although I finally have my own car (yay!) my parents are uber-paranoid about me driving long distances. >.<
zekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #4
Mishima
Beyond the Legendary Mask
 
Mishima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 312
Hmm...We gonna have a theme for the photo or just random characters? >_>
Mishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #5
Riji
Everybody Go Go
 
Riji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishima
Hmm...We gonna have a theme for the photo or just random characters? >_>
I personally am going to wear Gothic Lolita clothing, as I wouldn't wear any of my costumes outside of cons.
__________________
"No one comes in...no one will be stolen away. A happy future.
An endless banquet. Unchanging."
Riji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 09:32 PM   #6
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl
 
Star_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishima
Hmm...We gonna have a theme for the photo or just random characters? >_>
Random charcters since some people have a ton of cosplays that are good for the summer. We did the EGL theme for the x-mas gathering because it's cold and EGL outfits can be made warmer for guys and girls! So the summer gathering will be a melting pot!!
__________________
2010 Conventions
Ichibancon, Katsu, AZ, AMA, Otakon, Celebration V, Dragon*Con, Horrorfind, Neko, AUSA
Star_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 01:34 AM   #7
Mishima
Beyond the Legendary Mask
 
Mishima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 312
Well if we are gonna cosplay then right away go get something to eat...I might just ware something "normal". But if I have time to change then I might think up something.
Mishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 04:44 AM   #8
Riji
Everybody Go Go
 
Riji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishima
Well if we are gonna cosplay then right away go get something to eat...I might just ware something "normal". But if I have time to change then I might think up something.
But it's much better to work up an appetite with a one and a half hour photoshoot.
__________________
"No one comes in...no one will be stolen away. A happy future.
An endless banquet. Unchanging."
Riji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 06:39 AM   #9
Version-1
th cursed monk
 
Version-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 23
if it's in c'ville i'll be there. and a few friends will too
__________________
rookie cosplayer
veteran tcg gamer

me:
Version-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2005, 12:04 AM   #10
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl
 
Star_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riji
But it's much better to work up an appetite with a one and a half hour photoshoot.
YES! it's what we did for the X-mas gathering, I mean as long as your careful you wont get food on you! and the looks you get at the place's we eat at (we went to the tea house on the downtown mall for x-mas) are just priceless!
__________________
2010 Conventions
Ichibancon, Katsu, AZ, AMA, Otakon, Celebration V, Dragon*Con, Horrorfind, Neko, AUSA
Star_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2005, 03:26 PM   #11
Riji
Everybody Go Go
 
Riji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Angel
YES! it's what we did for the X-mas gathering, I mean as long as your careful you wont get food on you! and the looks you get at the place's we eat at (we went to the tea house on the downtown mall for x-mas) are just priceless!
We could go to Miyako. They'd get a kick out of us there.
__________________
"No one comes in...no one will be stolen away. A happy future.
An endless banquet. Unchanging."
Riji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2005, 07:44 PM   #12
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl
 
Star_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riji
We could go to Miyako. They'd get a kick out of us there.
Thats the place on the downtown mall right? That would be fine with me as it's not to expensive for the people who dont bring a bunch of money with them.
Lol and if I go i may wear my Wa loli so hopefully i wont offend anyone at the resturants, lol
__________________
2010 Conventions
Ichibancon, Katsu, AZ, AMA, Otakon, Celebration V, Dragon*Con, Horrorfind, Neko, AUSA
Star_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2005, 02:18 AM   #13
Riji
Everybody Go Go
 
Riji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Angel
Thats the place on the downtown mall right? That would be fine with me as it's not to expensive for the people who dont bring a bunch of money with them.
Lol and if I go i may wear my Wa loli so hopefully i wont offend anyone at the resturants, lol
Lol, you won't. The head sushi chef guy there is really nice. It is a bit pricey though.
__________________
"No one comes in...no one will be stolen away. A happy future.
An endless banquet. Unchanging."
Riji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #14
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl
 
Star_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riji
Lol, you won't. The head sushi chef guy there is really nice. It is a bit pricey though.
Yeah, the place i mentioned I thin kis like 7 or 8 $$ for the buffet (maybe cheaper it's been since last summer when I went) for lunch. Im still picking my brain for other places that we could get food at and other places we could do a shoot at. A park would be great but the only one that comes to mind is Macintire and well after doing a shoot there last summer I would really not suggest that place! (The old people that run the gold range next to it are really mean and will hastle cosplayers!! lol).

Edit- I asked my father about nice parks in c-ville and he suggested Pen park, I think Riji also suggested this one at one point. Open spaces for us may be a good thing and since it will be during the week it will hopefully not be extremely crowded
__________________
2010 Conventions
Ichibancon, Katsu, AZ, AMA, Otakon, Celebration V, Dragon*Con, Horrorfind, Neko, AUSA

Last edited by Star_Angel : 06-30-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Star_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 12:20 AM   #15
Sith Lord Danha
Garrison501stMemberAnakin
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19
Well, where ever we go I think it will be fine. on the other hand I would love to eat at the Asia Buffet for lunch just because I love that place and so does my pocket (money) = ) and I live in C-ville to, Woodbrook
Sith Lord Danha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.