Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Virginia Cosplay Society

Unread 06-21-2005, 10:13 PM   #1
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Charlottesville August Gathering

Charlottesville Gathering Date! - Wednesday August 3rd at Penn Park in Charlottesville

Ok so the first week of August for a Charlottesville gathering (people who live outside of C-ville are so welcome!!!) I figure we go do a photo=shoot then go to the Asia Buffet for lunch. We need to pic a day (I will be getting into c-ville Sunday the 31st (i think thats the right day) and can do any day that week except the 4th (my grandmas birthday) what would work for everyone (avoiding weekends b/c i will be heading back to NC on sat. or sun.).
and also a place for the photo shoot! C-ville people any ideas for a place in C-ville?? The one i thought of wasnt a good place (thanks for the heads up Riji, lol)

Last edited by Star_Angel : 07-28-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Star_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2005, 10:17 PM   #2
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Angel
Ok so the first week of August for a Charlottesville gathering (people who live outside of C-ville are so welcome!!!) I figure we go do a photo=shoot then go to the Asia Buffet for lunch. We need to pic a day (I will be getting into c-ville Sunday the 31st (i think thats the right day) and can do any day that week except the 4th (my grandmas birthday) what would work for everyone (avoiding weekends b/c i will be heading back to NC on sat. or sun.).
and also a place for the photo shoot! C-ville people any ideas for a place in C-ville?? The one i thought of wasnt a good place (thanks for the heads up Riji, lol)
We should probably go to a park. Give me a few days and I'll come up with a name. Or we could go downtown again, there's a park next to the library that's a short walk from food. There's a Japanese restaurant downtown as well.
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:26 AM   #3
zekitty
Come along to rainbowland

I might be able to go...depending how far away Charlottesville is from VA Beach. ^-^; Although I finally have my own car (yay!) my parents are uber-paranoid about me driving long distances. >.<
zekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #4
Mishima
Beyond the Legendary Mask

Hmm...We gonna have a theme for the photo or just random characters? >_>
Mishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #5
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishima
I personally am going to wear Gothic Lolita clothing, as I wouldn't wear any of my costumes outside of cons.
Unread 06-22-2005, 09:32 PM   #6
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
Random charcters since some people have a ton of cosplays that are good for the summer. We did the EGL theme for the x-mas gathering because it's cold and EGL outfits can be made warmer for guys and girls! So the summer gathering will be a melting pot!!
Unread 06-23-2005, 01:34 AM   #7
Mishima
Beyond the Legendary Mask

Well if we are gonna cosplay then right away go get something to eat...I might just ware something "normal". But if I have time to change then I might think up something.
Mishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 04:44 AM   #8
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
Well if we are gonna cosplay then right away go get something to eat...I might just ware something "normal". But if I have time to change then I might think up something.
But it's much better to work up an appetite with a one and a half hour photoshoot.
Unread 06-23-2005, 06:39 AM   #9
Version-1
th cursed monk

if it's in c'ville i'll be there. and a few friends will too

me:
Version-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2005, 12:04 AM   #10
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riji
But it's much better to work up an appetite with a one and a half hour photoshoot.
YES! it's what we did for the X-mas gathering, I mean as long as your careful you wont get food on you! and the looks you get at the place's we eat at (we went to the tea house on the downtown mall for x-mas) are just priceless!
Unread 06-28-2005, 03:26 PM   #11
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
YES! it's what we did for the X-mas gathering, I mean as long as your careful you wont get food on you! and the looks you get at the place's we eat at (we went to the tea house on the downtown mall for x-mas) are just priceless!
We could go to Miyako. They'd get a kick out of us there.
Unread 06-28-2005, 07:44 PM   #12
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
We could go to Miyako. They'd get a kick out of us there.
Thats the place on the downtown mall right? That would be fine with me as it's not to expensive for the people who dont bring a bunch of money with them.
Lol and if I go i may wear my Wa loli so hopefully i wont offend anyone at the resturants, lol
Unread 06-29-2005, 02:18 AM   #13
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
Thats the place on the downtown mall right? That would be fine with me as it's not to expensive for the people who dont bring a bunch of money with them.
Lol and if I go i may wear my Wa loli so hopefully i wont offend anyone at the resturants, lol
Lol, you won't. The head sushi chef guy there is really nice. It is a bit pricey though.
Unread 06-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #14
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
Lol, you won't. The head sushi chef guy there is really nice. It is a bit pricey though.
Yeah, the place i mentioned I thin kis like 7 or 8 $$ for the buffet (maybe cheaper it's been since last summer when I went) for lunch. Im still picking my brain for other places that we could get food at and other places we could do a shoot at. A park would be great but the only one that comes to mind is Macintire and well after doing a shoot there last summer I would really not suggest that place! (The old people that run the gold range next to it are really mean and will hastle cosplayers!! lol).

Edit- I asked my father about nice parks in c-ville and he suggested Pen park, I think Riji also suggested this one at one point. Open spaces for us may be a good thing and since it will be during the week it will hopefully not be extremely crowded

Last edited by Star_Angel : 06-30-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Star_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 12:20 AM   #15
Sith Lord Danha
Garrison501stMemberAnakin

Well, where ever we go I think it will be fine. on the other hand I would love to eat at the Asia Buffet for lunch just because I love that place and so does my pocket (money) = ) and I live in C-ville to, Woodbrook
Sith Lord Danha is offline   Reply With Quote