Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 01-20-2003, 07:58 AM   #1
Ohmi
Registered User
 
Ohmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 134
LINK Link - Soul Calibur II

The rumors have come true @_@;;;

http://cube.ign.com/articles/382/382743p1.html

too bad it's IGN..
for screenshots click the "Media" button.
__________________
-Ohmi
Ohmi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-20-2003, 12:44 PM   #2
psythe
Registered User
 
psythe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,182
hehe yeah, the Cubers get Link, the Xbox gets Spawn, and the PS2 gets Heihachi Mishima

psythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 01:45 AM   #3
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator
 
Michi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 21,127
It's ALL about Link. He makes the most sense in the Soul Calibur world, and he is the best anyway. MWAHAHA I can't wait. XDD Such gorgeous graphiiiiiics. *_*
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 02:24 AM   #4
Lafiel
The Pasty Princess
 
Lafiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 721
Link.. *Yum*
Lafiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 08:26 AM   #5
BannSidhe
Registered User
 
BannSidhe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,862
Quote:
Originally posted by Michi
It's ALL about Link. He makes the most sense in the Soul Calibur world, and he is the best anyway. MWAHAHA I can't wait. XDD Such gorgeous graphiiiiiics. *_*
How does he make sense? Why would he be chasing after an evil sword that corrupts the soul?
BannSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 08:40 AM   #6
Celine
Remember me?
 
Celine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,248
Ehh.. since when did the plots of fighting games matter, or make any sense? ^_^;;;
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 08:59 AM   #7
BannSidhe
Registered User
 
BannSidhe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,862
heh, it depends on the game But when someone says that Link fits in the most is when I say something that silly.

Though, that is something I enjoyed about Soul Edge..and partially SC. (That they actually had a storyline they followed.)

Same with Tekken 2. (Haven't played 1 so I can't comment.) But 3/4's story hasn't seem as good as 2.


btw- I should note that I think it really was a nice choice for Link even with the continuity problem. I also love that they didn't choose that AWFUL new look for him either.

I like cel-shading, I love how everything else looks in the Wind Waker....but Link just looks awful to me. The new Link does look nice in Four Swords though!


Last edited by BannSidhe : 01-21-2003 at 09:08 AM.
BannSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 10:38 AM   #8
Lynzie
i'm back!
 
Lynzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 707
Mm, Link. I was so~ excited when I heard about that. <3 (Why do you think I cosplayed as Zelda, huh? So I could get some hot Link cosplayer action! ... okay, maybe not.)

As for the cel-shading stuff, I've heard it looks a lot better in action. (Just like screenshots from anime, if you ask me. :P They look better in action!) Maybe it won't be as bad as everyone's making it out? Either way, I'm gonna play it, so.
__________________
tumblr!
Lynzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 10:45 AM   #9
BannSidhe
Registered User
 
BannSidhe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,862
Quote:
Originally posted by Lynzie
Mm, Link. I was so~ excited when I heard about that. <3 (Why do you think I cosplayed as Zelda, huh? So I could get some hot Link cosplayer action! ... okay, maybe not.)

As for the cel-shading stuff, I've heard it looks a lot better in action. (Just like screenshots from anime, if you ask me. :P They look better in action!) Maybe it won't be as bad as everyone's making it out? Either way, I'm gonna play it, so.
I'm really hoping so. I've heard the "better in action" comments, and the movies I've seen haven't inspired me....except for the enemies and such I've seen.

The puzzles look like they are going to be great too....but I have the game pre-ordered for ONE reason: Ocarina of Time.

I so can't wait for that in February.
BannSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 10:48 AM   #10
BannSidhe
Registered User
 
BannSidhe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,862
Quote:
Originally posted by psythe
hehe yeah, the Cubers get Link, the Xbox gets Spawn, and the PS2 gets Heihachi Mishima

What do people think about the other two characters?

Personally, I like Link/Spawn. Heihachi....ugh. If anything, I will probably end up buying the GC/Xbox versions simply to be able to play either....the only downside for me with the GC though is the controller. The button layout...I just can't imagine playing using it.
BannSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 11:29 AM   #11
Lynzie
i'm back!
 
Lynzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 707
The Gamecube controller... ^^;; I've only played <i>Super Smash Brothers Melee</i> and <i>Sonic Adventure 2: Battle</i> on it, but I get my ass whooped at Smash Bros. because I can't figure out what button to hit when! I can jump and use normal attacks just fine, but the "special" attacks just have me stumped. @_@ I guess if I were playing by myself and didn't have my brother kicking my ass the whole time I'd be doing okay, but... rawr. LOL.
__________________
tumblr!
Lynzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 11:39 AM   #12
BannSidhe
Registered User
 
BannSidhe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,862
Quote:
Originally posted by Lynzie
The Gamecube controller... ^^;; I've only played <i>Super Smash Brothers Melee</i> and <i>Sonic Adventure 2: Battle</i> on it, but I get my ass whooped at Smash Bros. because I can't figure out what button to hit when! I can jump and use normal attacks just fine, but the "special" attacks just have me stumped. @_@ I guess if I were playing by myself and didn't have my brother kicking my ass the whole time I'd be doing okay, but... rawr. LOL.
If you have an IGN subscription, I suggest reading their PDF on SSBM. Its *incredibly* helpful. The biggest thing though is that most special moves are done using the small red B button. Some require different ways of pushing....such as "smashing" the control stick in a direction while you hit the B button. It sounds weird and like you'll shatter your controller...but they explain it better.

btw- HTML's < > don't work...you need to use [ ]

Last edited by BannSidhe : 01-21-2003 at 11:42 AM.
BannSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 01:56 PM   #13
Lynzie
i'm back!
 
Lynzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 707
^^; I noticed the HTML didn't work; actually, I already knew that, but it's habit, LOL.
__________________
tumblr!
Lynzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2003, 11:07 AM   #14
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator
 
Michi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 21,127
SNK makes good fighting game storylines. King of Fighters had some great ones when there was the Orochi problem back in '96/'97. *nods* The NESTS line was okay in '99, but is getting out of hand now that it's like Eolith or whatever. Hiss.

ANYWAY.

BannSidhe - Link makes more sense because he can fit in the world. Heihachi and Spawn? What? X_x They aren't.. no.. x.x It bothers me a lot. ^^; Whether he fits in the story? For some reason I don't think he'll be selectable for story mode, y'know? Only VS matches... Or let's HOPE the unlockable characters aren't selectable for story mode. -_-
__________________
日本語も出来ます。

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2003, 11:56 AM   #15
BannSidhe
Registered User
 
BannSidhe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,862
Quote:
Originally posted by Michi
SNK makes good fighting game storylines. King of Fighters had some great ones when there was the Orochi problem back in '96/'97. *nods* The NESTS line was okay in '99, but is getting out of hand now that it's like Eolith or whatever. Hiss.

ANYWAY.

BannSidhe - Link makes more sense because he can fit in the world. Heihachi and Spawn? What? X_x They aren't.. no.. x.x It bothers me a lot. ^^; Whether he fits in the story? For some reason I don't think he'll be selectable for story mode, y'know? Only VS matches... Or let's HOPE the unlockable characters aren't selectable for story mode. -_-
Spawn actually could. Especially if you follow the comics you could see how.

Heihachi....I can't see how at all honestly. Not only that...I think its REALLY stupid that his block appear to be forearm blocks against SWORDS. (The staff weapons...thats one thing....slashing...another.)

I could see Link being in the storyline...but the stories took place on our Earth...which is why Link is a lil out of place.
BannSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.