Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 07-05-2005, 08:41 AM   #16
Mystic Blossom
Herd u leik pokeymans

At Nekocon last year, I was Mayune from episode 9 (where she's dressed as a pirate instead of her usually floofy dress). One person asked if I was from One Piece. I guess I can see where you'd think that.

When I was Broken Miho at Anime Boston '04, I think someone thought I was Mana. Again, I can see where they might think that.

This is the year of very little cosplay. How sad.

My Livejournal: It's not angsty. I promise.
Mystic Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-05-2005, 08:45 AM   #17
Chiri
blahblahblah

Yup, it's happened to me in my Tasuki costume because not very many people recognized the particular version of his costume and mistook me for other characters in other thingies I guess... 0_o
Chiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:17 AM   #18
zekitty
Come along to rainbowland

At Nekocon (my first con) I cosplayed Sae from Fatal Frame 2 on Sunday and as I was leaving some guy stopped me and asked if I was...iono, I forgot what name and anime he said. O.o It was something I'd never heard of before. Not many people have played Fatal Frame 2 (though there are some GREEAAATTT FF2 cosplayers here!!) so I wasn't surprised that I wasn't recognized. ;-;
San (Princess Mononoke)
Mamimi Samejima (FLCL)
Mika Itoh (Bible Black) -- maybe
Incredibly rainbowy raver

zekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:25 AM   #19
EdNChrnoFanGurl
Go West!

I really hate it when people mistaken the fatal frame girls (ex: Kirie, Sae, etc) for Sadako/Samara from The Ring >< I can see why, though. I think I'll be Kirie for halloween.
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:34 AM   #20
Shinigami_Mimi
Let The Light Shine On Me

Yesu, my cosplay was mistaken once before. XD Lol. I was cosplaying Kannuki from Yami No Matsuei and ppl kept pointing at me and yelling out," Tohru!" X.X I can't see why, since the skirt was too long, the color was off, and the bow was different. And the bows were pink, not yellow or blue. XD Lol. But then again ppl who read the manga and watched the whole series only know who she is. ^^;; Lol.

My friend was also mistaken. x.x She was Rosette from Chrno Crusade and ppl kept asking her for a picture with Guilty Gear cosplayers, because they thought she was Bridget. -_-;
Unread 07-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #21
OoTLink
Hero in disguise!

Only by our local taxi drivers - it's funny because the bus drivers know

Oh yeah sometimes people call me Zelda >_>

*edits* Gosh I've never heard of half the animes/games listed here lol. *blush* sorry guys tis' why I don't usually ask much about that

Last edited by OoTLink : 07-05-2005 at 10:06 AM.
OoTLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 10:14 AM   #22
layerD

I think most of us have had our costumes mistaken. Even as Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion, people would just stare and say who are you. Which I find funny since it used to be very popular. I also get mistaken alot, because I tend to cosplay minor characters. I understand, but sometimes they ask stupid stuff. Like when I was wearing my Miho Karasuma(Witch Hunter Robin) costume, "Are you Robin?" I just laughed and said no. Robin doesn't have an orbo and had MUCH different hair. Lol.

There are so many animes, so I kind of expect it.
layerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 10:19 AM   #23
Sporkstress
Tastes Like Cheese

My Miwako got mistaken from something from Fruits, I can see why though, since it's bright pink and floofy... and I didn't have my Happy Berry backpack done. Only one person at the con actually knew who I was, and a few people at the Sugoicon forums told me they thought that's who I was cosplaying, but wasn't sure.

I feel sorry for anyone who cosplays a priestess with long dark hair because even if they arn't supposed to be her, I see all of them getting mistaken for Kikyo now.
Sporkstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 11:00 AM   #24
SuzukaZakuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdNChrnoFanGurl
I really hate it when people mistaken the fatal frame girls (ex: Kirie, Sae, etc) for Sadako/Samara from The Ring >< I can see why, though. I think I'll be Kirie for halloween.
At AX a few days ago, my friend and I wore Fatal Frame 1 costumes (Kirie and Blinded) and only a few people knew what game we were from. A lot of others thought we were from The Grudge. The American version. o_O I guess they're both ghosts, but...
SuzukaZakuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 11:05 AM   #25
☆Skull Rabbit☆

When I wore Hikari from Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai, a bunch of people thought it was from sailor moon... :| And yeah, this was at a convention.

Other than that, I have only been mistaken for actually cosplaying when I am wearing my actually clothes.
Unread 07-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #26
HentaiNoTenshi
The Hentai no Tenshi

It's amazing how many people aren't familiar with Battle Angel.... I've got a lot of people saying my BA costume was various things in the past. ^_^;;;
HentaiNoTenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 11:22 AM   #27
Evolution

Ohhhh yeah...My Tonberry King STILL gets mistaken for a Jawa...
Unread 07-05-2005, 11:27 AM   #28
ShiroInu
The Fullmetal Midget

I'm sure anyone who cosplays as 1) any sort of school-girl (unless she's very distinctive, like Usagi), 2) a miko priestess (Kikyou and Rei Hino are the only ones I know of, but I'm sure there are others), or 3) any original costume are definately going to be mistaken for the wrong character once.

My first costume is one that, unless you're completely moronic (no offence to those who are), you'll be able to tell who he is. However, last halloween I went out as a random pirate (no-one in particular), with my friends who went as Cpt. Jack Sparrow and Van Helsing. The weird thing is that I was called Jack more than my friend. I got tired of telling people "I'm not Jack! I'm a random pirate!" that I just gave up and let them say whatever they wanted.
ShiroInu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #29
ArchFaith
Daughter of Alderaan

Hehe, well this year at Anime Next, my boyfriend and I were dressed as elegant gothic aristocrats. People kept coming up to us and asking what anime it was from ^_^
Conventions Attended | Shoujocon 2002 | Big Apple Anime Fest 2003 | Anime Next 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013 | I-Con 2005 | Katsucon 2006, 2007 | Otakon 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 | Star Wars Celebration 2007 | New York Anime Fest 2007, 2008 | Wizard World Philadelphia 2008 | New York Comic Con 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 | PAX East 2010, 2011, 2012 | SpringFest 2012 | Castle Point Anime Con 2012 | PAX Prime 2012
This year: AnimeNext 2013 - Otakon 2013 - NYCC 2013
ArchFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 01:04 PM   #30
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

Chuckle, this happens quite a bit

Inu-Papa .. constantly called Sesshoumaru (they are father & son)
Eva Friedel -- Marie, Rose of Versailles (thought about throwing blonde wig on with my Eva dress and being Marie for the heck of it)
Lady Oscar -- George Washington (similiar time, wrong country)
Tomite -- Got called Kiyone (similiar colors and hat)
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote