Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 07-05-2005, 06:13 PM   #46
LadyAmaryllis
Asparagus Eater

My Julia catsuit from Cowboy Bebop, with a giant blonde wig, has been mistaken for Fujiko from Lupin, and Trinity from the Matrix ;_; There's more than a catsuit...look at the wig! The wig! rofl

<3 cosplay
LadyAmaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-05-2005, 07:24 PM   #47
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

I get all sorts of characters named when someone tries to identify my Frost. Calling her Sub-Zero I understand, but I had one person who thought I was from She-Ra.
Unread 07-05-2005, 07:27 PM   #48
Neffy
The Imaginary Cosplayer

When I used to cosplay Ni-Na from DDR, people used to mistake me for Alice (I guess because of the blue hair) and Emi. Everyone else just had no clue who I was supposed to be.

And I feel kinda bad for my friend who dressed up as Ryoko (her favorite character from Tenchi Muyo) as part of our group for AnimeNext. A lot of people thought she was Sasami. o_O Even though she didn't have pigtails or the same color outfit as Sasami. And I don't think Sasami would have been molesting Tenchi in the masquerade... ~_~;
Neffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 07:27 PM   #49
Gotham
Player One

This is so sad. More people need to watch Chrno Crusade. So far that seems to be the most mistaken (or mistaken for) costume here. It's really good people, go check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligoddess
I get all sorts of characters named when someone tries to identify my Frost. Calling her Sub-Zero I understand, but I had one person who thought I was from She-Ra.
More mistaken MK. Not at a con, but one year I went as Sonya Blade from MK for halloween and I think everyone got it wrong. I got guesses from GI Jane to the Matrix. I guess maybe I could see thoes, but I thought more people would guess a Mortal Kombat cosplay.

AUSA
Katsucon
Animazement
Gotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 08:01 PM   #50
lavender_mists

When I was cosplaying as Winry Rockbell from Full Metal Alchemist in her mechanic outfit, many people thought that I was cosplaying as Anna Kyouyama from Shaman King.

Well I understood why that was afterwards when I decided to look her up. Both characters had a vibrant red bandanna and were wearing sandals. However, the big difference is that Winry wears a black tubetop with coveralls and Anna has a short black skirt.

I felt a little more disappointed that I was mistaken for another character as much as I was recognised as the character I was cosplaying, but maybe that would just make it easier for me to have another costume ready in a flash if I ever get into Shaman King.
lavender_mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 08:21 PM   #51
WoggyWooWoo
Kind of a big deal

I haven't had too much of that. In my Lucia costume, I got called Luna once or twice, but they're from the same series and look a bit alike, so to anyone who hasn't played the Lunar games they look like the same person.

A really funny one was not when I was confused as another character, but when someone had thought I was not cosplaying at all. I was dressed as Kyo (the costume was mostly store bought, so it was easy to miss) at my artist alley table with another friend, who had just died her hair red (and it was about the same shade as the wig I bought for my costume). As I was getting up from the table, a guy was looking through some of my art. He commented to my friend, "your brother draws pretty."
I missed this, but my friend and another who witnessed it had trouble keeping a straight face. This really boosts my ego when it comes to crossplay, though *grins*
WoggyWooWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:10 PM   #52
tikki_tikki2000

My friend dressed up as naruto at halloween party last year at a place where nobody there really watched anime. So she got a couple "Wait..don't tell me..DBZ right?" Which i'm kind of surprised that they even guessed it was from an anime at all.
tikki_tikki2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:13 PM   #53
Lafiel
The Pasty Princess

Happens to me ALL the time.

When I"m dressed as Rosette its always.
YOUR FROM GUILTY GEAR RIGHT!?

.... umm no
Lafiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:15 PM   #54
youjik33

One of my friends dresses fairly strangely normally, and at Otakon '02 he had red-tipped hair and safety pins all over his clothes... people kept taking his picture just because they thought he looked cool, I guess ^_^*

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:17 PM   #55
Twin Bee
Cuz twins do it better ;3

I've gotten quite a few on my female!Dante costume(pic on my profile for reference)...
I was mistaken as...Vash, Alucard, Edward - -;;....just cuz I was walking around in a red coat >.>

[Otakon]
Twin Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:19 PM   #56
Scortia

I've had the most ridiculous mix-up ever for a costume...... I was cosplaying as Sakura from Hyper Police (kyubi foxgirl in a blue miniskirt suit) and 90% of the people at the con wouldn't ask who I was... they just started screaming "You're that clan-clan catgirl from Outlaw Star!!" wtf... Sakura and Aisha both have furry ears and white hair... that's the ONLY similarity. o.O;;
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:25 PM   #57
EdNChrnoFanGurl
Go West!

Quote:
When I"m dressed as Rosette its always.YOUR FROM GUILTY GEAR RIGHT!?
.... umm no
I swear, that has to be the mix-up that peeves me off the most >< we must make Chrno crusade known to the world!
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #58
Matsuki

Dude. Last year at Fanime 2004, I was dressed as Haruno Sakura from Naruto. I ventured into the Marriot, next door, looking for a decent restruant insted of the junky expensive food in the dealers room. (My mom wouldn't let me leave the convention hall, though I did sneak next door) Anyways, I went through the hotel and near the back doors, there were some hotel workers or guards, well whoever they were, they said "Hey, who are you dressed as... Sailor Moon? haha ha haha ha." dang.. what nerve. I shoulda said, "No, shut the h**l up.. I'm Haruno Sakura and proud of it" *walks away face up, with pride*
BUT, insted.. I felt embarressed and said in a normal tone.. "no... I'm haruno sakura", and walked away.

Last edited by Matsuki : 07-05-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Matsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:46 PM   #59
Moon Prince
Everyone loves Cecilia

My Maria Tachibana as Dokuro X (Sakura Taisen) cosplay was mistaken as characters that I can't remember... I think somebody asked if I was from Trigun.

I've been told that my "Noble Eagle" emblem on the back of my Gao Yellow jacket should be "Soaring Eagle" It's Gao Ranger, not Wild Force, sentai not power ranger, so yeah, Noble Eagle.
Moon Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 10:45 PM   #60
PrettyKittyMulu
UNDERSEA LOLCANOES?!

My halloween costume (which was just a pink and off-white kimono) got called everything from Mulan to Sakura from Sakura Wars (which I haven't even seen), just at school...

cosspace

2011: Zenkaikon, CPAC, Animazement, AnimeNEXT, Otakon, New York Comic Con, AnimeUSA
2012: MangaNEXT, plus all of the above (hopefully)
Current cosplays: Chun Li [Street Fighter] (red alternate); Wonder Woman; Mio [K-ON!] (Don't Say Lazy dress)
Planned: Taokaka [Blazblue]; Soranik Natu [Green Lantern comics]
PrettyKittyMulu is offline   Reply With Quote