Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Connecticon

Unread 07-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #1
Genki Chan
Angst is Too Much Work

Harry Potter Cosplay Gathering???

Hey! A little last minute, but I thought to bring it up. With all of the Harry Potter festivities that will be going down at CCon, how many of you are going in wizarding garb for the occasion? I myself am doing an older version of Remus Lupin, and I'll be headed there with a Mad-Eye Moody and a young Narcissa.

If there are others doing Harry Potter Cosplay, maybe a gathering/shoot is in order? For once, HP cosplay is Con-Politically Correct.

Unread 07-06-2005, 05:35 PM   #2
Gale
All the world's a stage

I may or may not have either a Hermionie or Hannah Abbot costume (just the basic school uniform, so not too extravagant) but I will be home for midnight madness so I don't know if I'll be there at the right time.

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2005, 10:26 PM   #3
Adara

I'll be there as Tonks!! Only instead of a hot pink pixie cut, it'll be purple and long (but probably up in two buns). But, hey, she's a Metamorphagus, I can get away with whatever hair I want.

I'd be interested in doing a shoot!

I also might have a friend going as uber-ghetto Buckbeak (attatch wings, beak, and tail, walk around on all fours..), but chances of that are slim.

2011 cosplay: Bellatrix LeStrange, Alice (SyFy miniseries)

Last edited by Adara : 07-07-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Adara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #4
Mugwump101

I'll be doing a Neville with my sister beening Snape.... bad pair eh?

What time and place you do want to do a Harry Potter cosplay gathering?
Mugwump101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2005, 12:58 AM   #5
Genki Chan
Angst is Too Much Work

Sounds good. Mebby let's shoot for 1pm on Saturday? Is that good for everyone so far? I'm up for suggestions on location.
Unread 07-12-2005, 01:17 AM   #6
Adara

That sounds good to me... For a meeting place, maybe we can all meet outside the room where the HP events will be held? And from there maybe we can move to a better place for pictures and stuff.

Unread 07-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
Genki Chan
Angst is Too Much Work

Sounds good. So let's all meet in front of whichever room is going to be holding the main Harry Potter events. However- I think most of you are actually doing the cosplay on Friday? Would it be easier to plan the photoshoot closer to the book opening, or what? Feedback, please!
Unread 07-13-2005, 10:29 PM   #8
Genki Chan
Angst is Too Much Work

Oooookay! Sorry to change this on everyone, but--

If you are going to come to the Harry Potter Photo Shoot, be in front of the main HP Events room, whever that may be, at 8 pm on Friday!! I'll be posting signs around the convention to see if we can pick up any other cosplayers for the shoot. Have fun, all!
Unread 07-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #9
Mugwump101

sounds good. I'll meet you there~!
Mugwump101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2005, 06:46 PM   #10
Adara

I'll be there ^_^

Unread 07-15-2005, 10:45 AM   #11
laerry
Murumo de PON!

Yeah! HP cosplay! The ONE costume I had time for this summer is a Professor Sprout costume for my mom. So SHE'll be there in costume (I'll have to dip into the old costumes and recycle this time around - I so wanted to make a Quidditch uniform T_T).

It said something on the website about a special HP costume contest. Anyone know anything about that? (Or am I the only one who's not already there? *at work*)
Unread 07-16-2005, 12:05 AM   #12
Adara

So about that meeting at 8... and how it didn't happen... >_>

I saw you guys (Moody, Narcissa, Lupin) walking the complete opposite direction of the room.. so I was like, eh, maybe they're just going somewhere really quick, don't want to bother them... o.O I don't mind too much, but what happened?

Unread 07-17-2005, 12:27 PM   #13
laerry
Murumo de PON!

Meh. Well the HP costume contest was a farce, but congrats to Genki Chan for winning a prize there (what happened to you guys that you missed the 'first round'?), and to the Mad Eye Moody (he was great! XD) for winning in the Masquerade!
Unread 07-18-2005, 09:38 PM   #14
Genki Chan
Angst is Too Much Work

Thank you! I'll pass that on to J-F.

And well, er, that's an interesting story. Basically, we had to go back to the hotel to re-do our make-up, which took forever because poor Moody had to hobble, and it was about a mile away. His makeup took a good hour to get on, by which time my Marauder's Map decided it didn't love me anymore. So we had to rush to fix that up, while I also attempted to do my one hour make-up job. Also, my badge had gone missing, and looking for that- which we didn't find- took up some time. By the time all was said and done, we were a good 5 minutes close to being late. We'd had ordered a cab ten minutes ago; when we got downstairs? Cab hadn't showed up yet. We called back up the company, and they said he was on the way. ...30 minutes later, the cab showed up. Drove us back to the con. Then, a part of someone's costume caught on the door, unraveled, and we had to clean that up before going in. The schedule said that the contest was going until 12- we were very nervous about being late, but had been assured earlier by a staffer that we had until that time to get there. We assumed it would be judged by judges, and thus, at 12, a decision passed. We also hoped that because we had registered, and told the staff we'd be back, they wouldn't discount us. So, in we went, only to be told it was already over. At which point we explained the predicament to them, and they kindly decided to hold a second round, for reasons they explained to us. Honestly, we just wanted to compete to do it, not for the prize. So, we certainly didn't want to make them re-do the entire contest and potentially not given someone who'd already won her free copy of the book. Which is why round two consisted of only us. We were late getting back to the hotel initially because a group of the participating contestants didn't know where to pre-reg for it, or if they had to, so we went around asking staffers about it, who for the most part were unsure- when we did finally hear that pre-regging wasn't necessary, we had to catch hold of some of the other cosplayers to notify them as such. All in all, it was a whole mess of confusion and behind-schedual-ness.

Hope that clears it up. ^_^
Unread 07-18-2005, 09:45 PM   #15
Genki Chan
Angst is Too Much Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickness
So about that meeting at 8... and how it didn't happen... >_>

I saw you guys (Moody, Narcissa, Lupin) walking the complete opposite direction of the room.. so I was like, eh, maybe they're just going somewhere really quick, don't want to bother them... o.O I don't mind too much, but what happened?
To Sickness: We had actually posted up signs about a change of time. x_x At 8 on Friday we were busy running around trying to find the cosplayers who'd contacted us and tell them about the 'no need for pre-reg!' for the HP costume contest. The signs we put up said that the meeting would be changed tot he time of the book opening, since that would be easiest. x__X I think the only person we ended up finding though was someone who knew you... he said he had a friend who'd cosplayed Tonks. I would love to see pictures of that, though. And sorry it fell through.