Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 07-06-2005, 11:21 PM   #1
raevyn
Sucker for Wings
 
raevyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 146
Unhappy Narutards missing?!

Hey all. I've noticed a surprising lack of Narutards on this board. . . XD Does anyone know if a gathering is going to take place? If I knew the convention center any better, I would volunteer to get people together. . . but I don't

I'm going as the Fourth Hokage and Gowa-chan is going as Anko, and I don't know about anyone else. We will be so alone! ~dramatic cry~
__________________
9th Apostle of Yondaime’s Special Kunai
My DeviantArt
My events:
Yaoi-con?
AnimeLA
WonderCon
Fanime
raevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 07-06-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
SnowDragonX
.::kirei::yuki::.
 
SnowDragonX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 71
i was asking myself the same question...i'm a big fan of naruto. i was trying to find a naruto gathering but couldn't.
__________________
my.myspace.Website
SnowDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #3
ArimaSoichiro
I want a mechanical torii
 
ArimaSoichiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 73
Just make one yourself, plain and simple. Make the gathering and people will come. Though I do have one question. If we do have a NARUTO gathering... who would be NARUTO? I mean everyone's cosplay I've read or seen so far for COMIC-CON is anything BUT NARUTO. So there is a dilemna in itself. And one more thing, so far we got about 4 people being in this gathering as of yet. I have a few other friends who CAN make it but they can only cosplay on certain days... so if you want to make a gathering, I'm willing to lend my help but PM ASAP otherwise, I'll just lay here in my backyard watching the clouds float by until COMIC-CON.
__________________
Costumes in progress for CCI '06 & AX'06:
I don't really know if i want to continue cosplaying...

Last edited by ArimaSoichiro : 07-08-2005 at 03:16 PM.
ArimaSoichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
Dark Vision
Dark Mousy
 
Dark Vision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 802
This is the San Diego Comic Con. The amount of genres there are too numerous. I suggest a group rather than gathering, since gatherings means meeting up in usually the less populated areas of the con. I suggest gathering at the sails pavilion or outside near the bay. Dealer's hall is pain to do anything costume related.
Dark Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #5
ArimaSoichiro
I want a mechanical torii
 
ArimaSoichiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Vision
This is the San Diego Comic Con. The amount of genres there are too numerous. I suggest a group rather than gathering, since gatherings means meeting up in usually the less populated areas of the con. I suggest gathering at the sails pavilion or outside near the bay. Dealer's hall is pain to do anything costume related.

His 'group gathering idea' is effective if you actually think it through enough. Thanks for the idea Dark Vision. Well anyway, someone have any other ideas? Any suggestible ideas would be appreciated. And if all else fails...which I hope doesn't I'll actually try and take leadership or something for the group gathering.
But someone else take charge first, I'm only doing this if NO ONE else would.
__________________
Costumes in progress for CCI '06 & AX'06:
I don't really know if i want to continue cosplaying...
ArimaSoichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2005, 01:12 AM   #6
raevyn
Sucker for Wings
 
raevyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 146
People don't cosplay as Naruto the character because he feels a bit overdone, that's why people do side characters, tryin' to be unique I guess.

Doing a group thing sounds good though. This is my third 'con, and I'm still new to this 'meeting new people' thing XD
__________________
9th Apostle of Yondaime’s Special Kunai
My DeviantArt
My events:
Yaoi-con?
AnimeLA
WonderCon
Fanime
raevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2005, 02:29 AM   #7
ArimaSoichiro
I want a mechanical torii
 
ArimaSoichiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by raevyn
People don't cosplay as Naruto the character because he feels a bit overdone, that's why people do side characters, tryin' to be unique I guess.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but here are the total of Naruto cosplayers for each character at last years comic-con:

Naruto: 2
Sasuke: 3
Sakura: 4-5
Hinata: 2
Tenten: 2
Kiba: 2
Haku: 1
Garra: 1
Kakashi-sensei: 1-2
Itachi: 2-3
Kisame: 1
random shinobi: 200+
Narutards who run up to cosplaying NarutoFans performing hand seals or saying chidori or some other random jutsu: too many to count. -_-;;
The look of shock for maybe the only MALE Sasuke to be attacked by Sakuras (I emphasize the plural on Sakura): Priceless...


Overdone? more like nonexsistent and that goes for most other Naruto cosplays. I really meant in my last post, to see a decent Naruto, maybe 3 or 4 of them. It was sad to see such lacking cosplayers for one of our fav. series. Most of the costumes were pretty good in my opinion, but there were so few and were very hard to find in the Convention center. Everyone is unique in their cosplay and did a good job doing that, but I justwanted to see more, I really counldn't help it. And with me being deprived of going to AX because of distance and travel problems... Bleh. Comic-con is the closest to meeting naruto cosplayers for me. I apologize for my rant but, I was dissappointed last year, but this year should be better. But I can only hope.
As for the gathering, well anyone have an idea for a nice meeting place?
__________________
Costumes in progress for CCI '06 & AX'06:
I don't really know if i want to continue cosplaying...

Last edited by ArimaSoichiro : 07-10-2005 at 02:36 AM.
ArimaSoichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #8
Rogue Marvel
Pirate Love
 
Rogue Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 937
well I have some friends coming down who cosplay as sakura and hinata, but I'm pretty sure they will not be there the whole time.

I will be down the whole weekend and my other partner in sexy no jutsu will be down thursday and friday, but I don't know if she wants to do sexy no jutsu during comic con and its best to do it together.

plus that dealers hall gets really cold!
__________________
A cosplayer is some one who wears costumes for fun. They don't have to make the costume, but it sure makes it more fun to wear!
Rogue Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2005, 01:21 PM   #9
sahmah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 123
I'm going as Sakura and my brother will be Gaara. He wanted to be Naruto, but sadly we had difficulty finding the right shade of orange fabric. We got a Naruto wig off ebay, which was almost perfect. It was already sticking up, which would help to avoid the little skinny spikes most Naruto cosplayers have. I'm still debating about how to ship the gourd for Gaara across the country...
sahmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #10
sahmah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 123
Actually, we will have a Naruto. I just got back from the fabric store with the perfect shade. So now I'm off to make a Naruto costume in 2 days. Wish me luck!
sahmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2005, 07:55 PM   #11
raevyn
Sucker for Wings
 
raevyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArimaSoichiro
Correct me if I'm wrong, but here are the total of Naruto cosplayers for each character at last years comic-con:

Naruto: 2
Sasuke: 3
Sakura: 4-5
Hinata: 2
Tenten: 2
Kiba: 2
Haku: 1
Garra: 1
Kakashi-sensei: 1-2
Itachi: 2-3
Kisame: 1
random shinobi: 200+
Narutards who run up to cosplaying NarutoFans performing hand seals or saying chidori or some other random jutsu: too many to count. -_-;;
The look of shock for maybe the only MALE Sasuke to be attacked by Sakuras (I emphasize the plural on Sakura): Priceless...


Overdone? more like nonexsistent and that goes for most other Naruto cosplays. I really meant in my last post, to see a decent Naruto, maybe 3 or 4 of them. It was sad to see such lacking cosplayers for one of our fav. series. Most of the costumes were pretty good in my opinion, but there were so few and were very hard to find in the Convention center. Everyone is unique in their cosplay and did a good job doing that, but I justwanted to see more, I really counldn't help it. And with me being deprived of going to AX because of distance and travel problems... Bleh. Comic-con is the closest to meeting naruto cosplayers for me. I apologize for my rant but, I was dissappointed last year, but this year should be better. But I can only hope.
As for the gathering, well anyone have an idea for a nice meeting place?
My apologies in inciting such a rant, I try not to ruffle any feathers.
__________________
9th Apostle of Yondaime’s Special Kunai
My DeviantArt
My events:
Yaoi-con?
AnimeLA
WonderCon
Fanime
raevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2005, 01:10 AM   #12
1wingedangel
Time to die.
 
1wingedangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 404
sounds like fun ill try to stop by and say hello to every one. Im only doing two costumes this year Nazi Kroenen and Boba Fett. Hey Dany maybe ill see ya this time.
__________________
He's no good to me dead.
1wingedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #13
MissingNinHaku
Registered User
 
MissingNinHaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 20
I hope this meeting gets set up because I'll try to come. I'll be either Haku or more likely Kiba. I'll also be dragging my friend along as Sakura or Tenten and my other friend will be Tsunade and Kin. I think we're trying to wear our naruto costumes sometime during the first couple days of the con but i'll try to come nonetheless. I hope to see some of you around.
MissingNinHaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2005, 04:50 PM   #14
Dearx
Chibi Chan
 
Dearx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 200
a group of mine who went to AX will be back for Comic Con and we'll be going on Saturday and I'm going alone on friday
Dearx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2005, 03:03 PM   #15
sahmah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 123
Is the gathering still on? We're starting to run out of time for planning, so any suggestions of when/where to meet? Also, if you see any Naruto cosplayers once you get there, tell them!
sahmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.