Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 07-06-2005, 11:21 PM   #1
raevyn
Sucker for Wings

Unhappy Narutards missing?!

Hey all. I've noticed a surprising lack of Narutards on this board. . . XD Does anyone know if a gathering is going to take place? If I knew the convention center any better, I would volunteer to get people together. . . but I don't

I'm going as the Fourth Hokage and Gowa-chan is going as Anko, and I don't know about anyone else. We will be so alone! ~dramatic cry~
Yaoi-con?
AnimeLA
WonderCon
Fanime
raevyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-06-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
SnowDragonX
.::kirei::yuki::.

i was asking myself the same question...i'm a big fan of naruto. i was trying to find a naruto gathering but couldn't.
Unread 07-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #3
ArimaSoichiro
I want a mechanical torii

Just make one yourself, plain and simple. Make the gathering and people will come. Though I do have one question. If we do have a NARUTO gathering... who would be NARUTO? I mean everyone's cosplay I've read or seen so far for COMIC-CON is anything BUT NARUTO. So there is a dilemna in itself. And one more thing, so far we got about 4 people being in this gathering as of yet. I have a few other friends who CAN make it but they can only cosplay on certain days... so if you want to make a gathering, I'm willing to lend my help but PM ASAP otherwise, I'll just lay here in my backyard watching the clouds float by until COMIC-CON.

Last edited by ArimaSoichiro : 07-08-2005 at 03:16 PM.
ArimaSoichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
Dark Vision
Dark Mousy

This is the San Diego Comic Con. The amount of genres there are too numerous. I suggest a group rather than gathering, since gatherings means meeting up in usually the less populated areas of the con. I suggest gathering at the sails pavilion or outside near the bay. Dealer's hall is pain to do anything costume related.
Dark Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #5
ArimaSoichiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Vision
This is the San Diego Comic Con. The amount of genres there are too numerous. I suggest a group rather than gathering, since gatherings means meeting up in usually the less populated areas of the con. I suggest gathering at the sails pavilion or outside near the bay. Dealer's hall is pain to do anything costume related.

His 'group gathering idea' is effective if you actually think it through enough. Thanks for the idea Dark Vision. Well anyway, someone have any other ideas? Any suggestible ideas would be appreciated. And if all else fails...which I hope doesn't I'll actually try and take leadership or something for the group gathering.
But someone else take charge first, I'm only doing this if NO ONE else would.
Unread 07-10-2005, 01:12 AM   #6
raevyn
Sucker for Wings

People don't cosplay as Naruto the character because he feels a bit overdone, that's why people do side characters, tryin' to be unique I guess.

Doing a group thing sounds good though. This is my third 'con, and I'm still new to this 'meeting new people' thing XD
Yaoi-con?
AnimeLA
WonderCon
Fanime
Unread 07-10-2005, 02:29 AM   #7
ArimaSoichiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raevyn
People don't cosplay as Naruto the character because he feels a bit overdone, that's why people do side characters, tryin' to be unique I guess.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but here are the total of Naruto cosplayers for each character at last years comic-con:

Naruto: 2
Sasuke: 3
Sakura: 4-5
Hinata: 2
Tenten: 2
Kiba: 2
Haku: 1
Garra: 1
Kakashi-sensei: 1-2
Itachi: 2-3
Kisame: 1
random shinobi: 200+
Narutards who run up to cosplaying NarutoFans performing hand seals or saying chidori or some other random jutsu: too many to count. -_-;;
The look of shock for maybe the only MALE Sasuke to be attacked by Sakuras (I emphasize the plural on Sakura): Priceless...

Overdone? more like nonexsistent and that goes for most other Naruto cosplays. I really meant in my last post, to see a decent Naruto, maybe 3 or 4 of them. It was sad to see such lacking cosplayers for one of our fav. series. Most of the costumes were pretty good in my opinion, but there were so few and were very hard to find in the Convention center. Everyone is unique in their cosplay and did a good job doing that, but I justwanted to see more, I really counldn't help it. And with me being deprived of going to AX because of distance and travel problems... Bleh. Comic-con is the closest to meeting naruto cosplayers for me. I apologize for my rant but, I was dissappointed last year, but this year should be better. But I can only hope.
As for the gathering, well anyone have an idea for a nice meeting place?

Last edited by ArimaSoichiro : 07-10-2005 at 02:36 AM.
ArimaSoichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #8
Rogue Marvel
Pirate Love

well I have some friends coming down who cosplay as sakura and hinata, but I'm pretty sure they will not be there the whole time.

I will be down the whole weekend and my other partner in sexy no jutsu will be down thursday and friday, but I don't know if she wants to do sexy no jutsu during comic con and its best to do it together.

plus that dealers hall gets really cold!
Unread 07-10-2005, 01:21 PM   #9
sahmah

I'm going as Sakura and my brother will be Gaara. He wanted to be Naruto, but sadly we had difficulty finding the right shade of orange fabric. We got a Naruto wig off ebay, which was almost perfect. It was already sticking up, which would help to avoid the little skinny spikes most Naruto cosplayers have. I'm still debating about how to ship the gourd for Gaara across the country...
sahmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #10
sahmah

Actually, we will have a Naruto. I just got back from the fabric store with the perfect shade. So now I'm off to make a Naruto costume in 2 days. Wish me luck!
Unread 07-10-2005, 07:55 PM   #11
raevyn
Sucker for Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArimaSoichiro
Correct me if I'm wrong, but here are the total of Naruto cosplayers for each character at last years comic-con:

Naruto: 2
Sasuke: 3
Sakura: 4-5
Hinata: 2
Tenten: 2
Kiba: 2
Haku: 1
Garra: 1
Kakashi-sensei: 1-2
Itachi: 2-3
Kisame: 1
random shinobi: 200+
Narutards who run up to cosplaying NarutoFans performing hand seals or saying chidori or some other random jutsu: too many to count. -_-;;
The look of shock for maybe the only MALE Sasuke to be attacked by Sakuras (I emphasize the plural on Sakura): Priceless...

Overdone? more like nonexsistent and that goes for most other Naruto cosplays. I really meant in my last post, to see a decent Naruto, maybe 3 or 4 of them. It was sad to see such lacking cosplayers for one of our fav. series. Most of the costumes were pretty good in my opinion, but there were so few and were very hard to find in the Convention center. Everyone is unique in their cosplay and did a good job doing that, but I justwanted to see more, I really counldn't help it. And with me being deprived of going to AX because of distance and travel problems... Bleh. Comic-con is the closest to meeting naruto cosplayers for me. I apologize for my rant but, I was dissappointed last year, but this year should be better. But I can only hope.
As for the gathering, well anyone have an idea for a nice meeting place?
My apologies in inciting such a rant, I try not to ruffle any feathers.
Yaoi-con?
AnimeLA
WonderCon
Fanime
Unread 07-11-2005, 01:10 AM   #12
1wingedangel
Time to die.

sounds like fun ill try to stop by and say hello to every one. Im only doing two costumes this year Nazi Kroenen and Boba Fett. Hey Dany maybe ill see ya this time.
Unread 07-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #13
MissingNinHaku

I hope this meeting gets set up because I'll try to come. I'll be either Haku or more likely Kiba. I'll also be dragging my friend along as Sakura or Tenten and my other friend will be Tsunade and Kin. I think we're trying to wear our naruto costumes sometime during the first couple days of the con but i'll try to come nonetheless. I hope to see some of you around.
MissingNinHaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2005, 04:50 PM   #14
Dearx
Chibi Chan

a group of mine who went to AX will be back for Comic Con and we'll be going on Saturday and I'm going alone on friday
Dearx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2005, 03:03 PM   #15
sahmah

Is the gathering still on? We're starting to run out of time for planning, so any suggestions of when/where to meet? Also, if you see any Naruto cosplayers once you get there, tell them!