Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Unread 01-21-2003, 01:30 AM   #1
Mara

B'z

Does anybody on here love B'z as much as I do?
I haven't seen them mentioned much. Kohshi Inaba.... ^_^
I love his voice so much. And no one can beat Tak Matsumoto on guitar. What are your favorite B'z songs? At the moment I'm obsessed with Love Phantom, Bad Communication, Ultra Soul, and Surfin' 3000GTR, among others.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2003, 06:10 AM   #2
PretearWink
Check Q and A ^_^

B'z rules! I love the one song they did for Detective Conan, but I can't recall the name ;.;
PretearWink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2003, 02:01 AM   #3
Umi
Bass-inating

Can't say I'm an avid fan of B'z but I do like picking up some of their songs. My favorites are Invisible One and Ultra Soul. =D
Umi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2003, 03:17 AM   #4
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

DOOD guys B'z was touring here in America recently O.O!

*needs to go back to the asian store and look at the concert poster again*
L to the 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2003, 04:58 AM   #5
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

I dig 'em, and I was surprised because I was sure I wouldn't. (So far, there is only one Japanese band I don't care for at all, after repeated attempts to redeem themselves. Everybody else is passing the introductory check with me.)
Anyway, B'z are not what people think of j-rock, typically, but I wouldn't stick them into j-pop necessarily either just due to their major influences on decidedly non-j-poppy bands. Definently no goth or opera-y stuff or any fun disturbing vocal effects for them. Not really any ballads in the normal sense either. More along the vacation-y 80's sorta rock. Upbeat, but not hyper...good for happy fun music when you don't feel like bemani stuff. They fill a similiar mood niche for me as TMR does, I guess, but with a very different production sound. B'z certainly have got variety tho, so it's hard to get bored. They've got like 160 songs or something, more? They really cranked those out. Between them and Glay...
Still, worthwhile stuff and a nice break from when Mana or Kaoru have been hypnotizing you for hours with their lovely darkness.

Love Phantom, Bad Communication...hehe, there's great engrish there. Some of the best non-anime songs examples I can think of. I like Ring and Juice, too.
Unread 01-22-2003, 08:03 AM   #6
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

I've only seen one video of their's "Love Phantom". At first I was like, "This is so cheesy," but then it grew on me ^^ And I started watching that video every night lol ^^
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2003, 11:09 PM   #7
Golgo M.
The Diabolical

Recently, Inaba's released a new solo album, and "Overture" from that album is the current ET for Detective Conan. Just the fact he's gone solo gives me another reason to call them the "Bon Jovi of Japan".
Golgo M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 09:15 PM   #8
bANgZ
instrument of your death!

the guitar player in b'z is awesome! i wish i was able to see them when they came to l.a. i missed out
bANgZ is offline   Reply With Quote