Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon > Rides / Roommates

Unread 07-13-2005, 04:07 AM   #1
Jun_Kazama

A bit of a dilemma, can anyone help me out!?

So here's the story:
I was planning on going to Otakon with my freind and his wife. He didn't end up getting our hotel room which I just found out last week and of course everything is booked now (If I had known he would procrastinate I would have booked one myself months ago). Then just this morning I got a message from him saying that they wouldn't be able to go because they were going on another trip and instead of getting back on that Wednesday like they originally thought, they wouldn't get back until Friday afternoon (he was going to drive).
I already registered for the con and already put a decent amount of money into my costume so I definatly want to go, otherwise it seems like a bit of a waste of money and it could possibly be my last Otakon that I go to.

So now I'm looking for a room and if possible, a ride. I'm on a somewhat tight budget but I'm willing to split room costs and chip in for gas money. I'll even bring some snacks for everyone. ^_^"

If there's no possible way I can get a ride then I'd be willing to take an overnight train on Thursday so I'd get there Friday morning. But I definatly DO need a room to stay in. I most likely wont have much to bring with me: a suitcase, my messenger bag, and a box with my wig (the latter two I could always hold on my lap if I can catch a ride).

I'm looking for something within walking distance of the BCC, and I don't mind sleeping on the floor, under a desk, in the tub, wherever. ^_^ I'm not very picky at all. If I could get a key that'd be great because I'll probably be running around all weekend, but like I said, I'm not super picky.
Looking for responsible, reliable people, preferably other adults. Male, Female, co-ed, it doesn't matter, I'm down with anything.

I'm female, I'll be 23 by the time the con comes, and I'm very laid back and fairly quiet. I'm not the partying type at all, so you don't have to worry about me being all crazy or loud or anything. I'd probably only be in the room to change, shower, and sleep. I'm located in Warwick, RI but if I can catch a ride I'd be willing to meet up somewhere nearby if its easier.

If anyone can help me out, please PM me, I'm sort of desperate at the moment. If you want to talk to me first (which is understandable) my AIM is Stax Kazama.

Last edited by Jun_Kazama : 07-13-2005 at 04:15 AM.
Jun_Kazama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2005, 07:36 PM   #2
astillar
Cosplay Engineer

Sounds like you're in a bit of a pinch. What nights were you planning on staying?

P.S. Might I direct your attention to my thread?

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=62287

astillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2005, 11:33 PM   #3
Jun_Kazama

It looks like I've ended up finding someting, thanks though. ^_^
Jun_Kazama is offline   Reply With Quote