Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 07-15-2005, 01:02 AM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

EBK Presents : San Diego Comic Con 2005 Pictures

Hey everyone,

I managed to take as many photos as I could on the first of 4 busy (if you want to call it that) days at SDCC 2005, and you can check out what I'm uploading/ what I've uploaded here:

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...0547&member=18

Even though I took over 500 pictures today on Day 1, I missed a lot of costumes, but managed to get what I could, and do photoshoots of some of my friends. Hopefully the people I missed will wear their costumes again the rest of the weekend.

Please enjoy the pictures, and hopefully I'll be able to post more tomorrow (Friday) evening!

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 03-05-2006 at 12:59 PM.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2005, 12:34 AM   #2
Gowa-chan
. . . is bored now.

~boogies for the Naruto gathering pictures~
I'm the insane Anko :3
Unread 07-16-2005, 05:05 AM   #3
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

UPDATE: Finished posting all 700+ pics from Friday, and you can check them out here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgaller...t=20631&sort=7

Mainly a lot of photoshoots of friends, c.com members, and some cosplayers I've met before at SDCC's, and the Rebel Legion gathering in the morning (cci05-506 and on..)

Tomorrow is the BIG-DAY with the 501st gathering and the masquerade, so I don't know if I'll have time (or ENERGY) in the evening to post any pictures, so please be patient when I get back on Monday to SF to continue posting pictures. Until then, enjoy what I've posted!!
Unread 07-17-2005, 03:30 AM   #4
Pillowchii
Lil' 6

It was lovely running into you!!!!! I'm the Bloodrayne Comic's unofficial ayne "mascot" (hehe) so I can look forward to seeing you at ons in the future. It was so odd, I was only able to go to Comicon one day and as you said, the odds of running into ANYone were so small! I'm glad I got to see ya ^-^ Have fun the rest of the weekend!!!!
Unread 07-18-2005, 12:29 AM   #5
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

Thanks for taking my pics Al ^^ sorry i was so bratty yesterday...was in a really bad mood, probably still am. Well, hope to see ya next year or so.
♥◌°
Chibi Plush Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2005, 12:57 AM   #6
CinsAngel
Foofy Poofy Redhead!

It really was awsome getting a mo' to stop and talk to you for a change, Al. Usually its one of those 'Hey you!" As we run in opposet directions
Thanks for the great pictures of my Kim Possible costume. You really made me look fab! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics you took at the con!

Cins
Unread 07-18-2005, 04:16 AM   #7
ACXchan
I sink you now!

Thanks for the pictures too Al, sorry I kept running all over the place on Friday ;-;! I really like the Lucifer pictures and you did manage to take close ups of the Demon Constantine that make me happy XD
ACXchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2005, 04:47 AM   #8
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Made it back to the BayArea in 8.5 hours, and the posting of the pictures will resume tomorrow night after a good night's sleep and once the galleries go back up. Please expect Saturday's pictures to start going up tomorrow evening after 7:00pm, and hopefully I should post all of them within one night. And then Sunday's pictures will go up on Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone who I was able to see ifeversobriefly for the one or few times during the course of the weekend, and sorry if I missed your costume(s) this weekend. Definitely enjoyed AX more, since there were more opportunities to find cosplayers and do photoshoots, as SDCC is larger but there are more con-attendees rather than cosplayers at this con..

Enjoy the pictures I've posted so far, and please be patient as I u/l the rest starting tomorrow evening..
Unread 07-18-2005, 05:00 AM   #9
hello kenney
camera-fu

i have to hand it to you al, you did an astonishing job. i cant imagine how you found so many cosplayers in such a huge and densely populated environment.

so whats your secret? clones? time travel?
hello kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2005, 05:27 AM   #10
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello kenney
i have to hand it to you al, you did an astonishing job. i cant imagine how you found so many cosplayers in such a huge and densely populated environment.

so whats your secret? clones? time travel?
Thanks for the compliment, HK. Your pictures are amazing as well! *applause* SDCC is tough to get pics of people, since the size of the con as well as the placement of the booths. If you stick around the StarWars Lego & Master Replicas booth, you'll get mainly pics of SW cosplayers. On the otherhand, if you go by the DC or Marvel booth, you'll find the respective cosplayers hanging around there. Unfortunately, the Stargate, Aliens, and StarTrek booths were placed at the wayyyy end of Hall A (booth 100-200) so you'd have to walk all the way there to look for those cosplayers, and if you did, you may miss out on the cosplayers that may be at the other end of the convention hall for a short time..

My new camera allowed me to stay in the convention center all day w/o having to go back n' forth to the Hyatt to switch rechargable batteries, so that allowed me more energy to stay within the area. However, the only food I had to go on were rice krispies & granola bars for the duration of the day Room-service at the end of the day was worth the cost.. hehe
Unread 07-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #11
Xaila
*hoardes makeup forever*

Seeing all these photos makes me crazy happy and I love it. You caught alot of people. Hell it looks like you could have gotten almost everyone. Hahaha... the photos are just bling. Shiny gold and it was a delight meeting you along with Suzushi-chan and the others.

I bow to your awesome photo-fu.
Xaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #12
Suzushichan
outta here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
Made it back to the BayArea in 8.5 hours, and the posting of the pictures will resume tomorrow night after a good night's sleep and once the galleries go back up. Please expect Saturday's pictures to start going up tomorrow evening after 7:00pm, and hopefully I should post all of them within one night. And then Sunday's pictures will go up on Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone who I was able to see ifeversobriefly for the one or few times during the course of the weekend, and sorry if I missed your costume(s) this weekend. Definitely enjoyed AX more, since there were more opportunities to find cosplayers and do photoshoots, as SDCC is larger but there are more con-attendees rather than cosplayers at this con..

Enjoy the pictures I've posted so far, and please be patient as I u/l the rest starting tomorrow evening..
gald to hear that you made it back alright. ^_^ You really go the extra mile for the cons you attend and it shows how dedicated you are to what you do. I respect you for that. is there anything you CAN'T do?
thanks for being there, and i will continue to make beautiful costumes for you to take many pictures of.

~suzushi
Unread 07-18-2005, 03:40 PM   #13
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

It was really good to see you at comic-con Al. Great photos! Thanks for taking pics of me too. I can't wait to see em.
L to the 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2005, 05:35 AM   #14
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

UPDATE: Finished posting all of Saturday's pictures, and you can view them here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgaller...t=20843&sort=7

Tomorrow I'll post Sunday's pictures, and since there was about 600 pictures (mainly of booth displays and some cosplayers & photoshoots I had) they'll all be done by tomorrow night. So please enjoy the pictures I've posted up to Sunday, and I appreciate your patience as I wrap up SDCC2005's pictures!
Unread 07-19-2005, 06:00 AM   #15
SCLNeptune
Princess Neptune

Al, I fruggin love you for all the Disney Princess shots, thank you so much I saved them all and will credit you if I display them anywhere

-Sailor Neptune

I was Wendy Darling in the SDCC 2005 Disney Princes and Princess Skit

I was Draco Malfoy in the SDCC 2006 Harry Potter Skit

I was Claudia from Interview with the Vampire in the SDCC 2010 Vampire Skit
SCLNeptune is offline   Reply With Quote