Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 01-21-2003, 03:50 PM   #1
Silly_Kitsune
afraid of the dark

Anyone staying at the Courtyard?

I was just wondering if there is anyone going to Katsucon is going to stay at the Courtyard Mariott whatever place rather than the hotel where the con takes place. I'm staying there because it was $30 cheaper a night than the con rate....heehee ^^
Silly_Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2003, 07:47 AM   #2
Babylon
Mother Of Harlots

I was thinking of grabbing a room at the Holiday Inn as it's only $58 a night. I don't really know how far that is though. Guess I could scope it out this weekend. But even the Courtyard for like $80 a night isn't bad compared to the con hotel and it's right next door. Yeah, we may end up there.

-Babylon
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2003, 08:34 PM   #3
Emeralda

I'm staying at the Courtyard. Its cheaper, a nicer hotel IMO, and I got a rate of $80 a night with AAA. Tehehe.

Just gotta hope its not as cold as it is right now, otherwise I'll have to find somewhere to stash my coat. ~_~
Emeralda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2003, 08:39 PM   #4
SailorMo
Gran'ma Moonie

Quote:
Originally posted by Emeralda
Just gotta hope its not as cold as it is right now, otherwise I'll have to find somewhere to stash my coat. ~_~
ahem... Is that a hint?.... =P
SailorMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2003, 08:54 AM   #5
Silly_Kitsune
afraid of the dark

I know....I think I may be having some friends staying at the con hotel, so I just might beg them to let me keep my coat in their room ^^
Unread 01-23-2003, 02:29 PM   #6
Emeralda

Tehehe.. actually I guess it is Mo! Hehe. Forgot you and brotherman were staying at the con hotel. Nerf. Stupid cold-flu thing. I dare not cut any fabric now for fear of screwing up royally. Doctor's for me tonight.
Unread 01-23-2003, 04:44 PM   #7
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Quote:
Originally posted by Babylon
I was thinking of grabbing a room at the Holiday Inn as it's only $58 a night. I don't really know how far that is though. Guess I could scope it out this weekend. But even the Courtyard for like $80 a night isn't bad compared to the con hotel and it's right next door. Yeah, we may end up there.

-Babylon
that's where i'm staying. i need to conserve money... so i got a room there on the cheap side. woo! if it's the same holiday inn.... it's .6 miles form the con.... my mapquest directions speak of a u-turn to get there. : )~

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2003, 11:04 AM   #8
Babylon
Mother Of Harlots

Quick update on the Holiday Inn. They're running a special promotion - for every night you stay, you get a free night. Granted the room rate is increased for that one night, but it's still cheaper than two nights by near $15 after hotel tax. So if you're really looking to conserve money, this would be the way to go.

Link to Cupon

-Babylon
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2003, 06:24 PM   #9
rpd_girl
"the Biohazard girl"

yeah... me 2... I heard it is a nicer hotel. :P
rpd_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2003, 09:14 PM   #10
Silly_Kitsune
afraid of the dark

I don't get it, I reserved two double bed rooms at the Courtyard for $98 a night (each room)....but the con rate is $119!!! Is Katsucon cheating people? *gasp* lol I got a free continental breakfast for two and free parking...haha i value the little things in life ^^
Unread 02-01-2003, 09:17 PM   #11
Emeralda

Quote:
Originally posted by Silly_Kitsune
I don't get it, I reserved two double bed rooms at the Courtyard for $98 a night (each room)....but the con rate is $119!!! Is Katsucon cheating people? *gasp* lol I got a free continental breakfast for two and free parking...haha i value the little things in life ^^
I missed that good rate by one day!! I got the 80$ AAA rate instead. *sniffs* I really wanted the one that you got though.

And its not that Katsu is trying to cheat people. That's the price the hotel sets for a con rate. Its not always the best deal around. And Hyatt's tend to be a little pricey from what I've noticed.
Unread 02-01-2003, 09:19 PM   #12
Silly_Kitsune
afraid of the dark

lol I'm confused though...if you ask for the con rate, it costs more than if you just get a regular room without mentioning Katsucon?
Unread 02-01-2003, 09:25 PM   #13
Emeralda

Nono.. the $119 is the cheaper rate. But sometimes you can get a cheaper deal elsewhere. The reason why you mention a con when you book a room, is so that the con gets credited towards their room block. Cons have to fill a certain number of rooms in a hotel. And unfortunately, the hotel usually locks them into a certain price.
Unread 02-01-2003, 09:38 PM   #14
Silly_Kitsune
afraid of the dark

Ooooooooh. I get it. Thank you ^^
Unread 02-07-2003, 10:25 PM   #15
Jin
bah!

Yeh, umm hey everyone, If you see soem loser dressed in black and red, with a cape a jester hat and some weirdo makeup, come say hi... or not and you can kick me... but i warn you that ill eat your babies, and ill eat Gir, so i can have his cute wittle voice... erm... yah, alright sweet, lol you have a cold *pokes silly_kitsune.
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote