Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Pacific Media Expo

Unread 07-18-2005, 04:56 AM   #1
kabuki_KILLER
Sewing like a spider

Jrock/Jpop Gathering

This is a gathering notice for all jrocker cosplayers. Yes. We are planning on one. I've never been to PMX before, but I'll be the Illuminati Mana with the Illuminati Kozi. Yep, just look for Mana and Kozi. If we're lucky, we might get the whole gang for that pv, but if not, some of you have met me before. I'll be there with a sign for our gathering.

If anyone is more familiar with PMX and wants to help with the planning, please do. ^_^ I like suggestions, and don't worry since we still have a month left to make them.

Unread 07-18-2005, 11:36 PM   #2
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

Imma put my friend with a mohawk in my BoY Ayu costume, and I could prolly wear one of my old ones. I can try to make it, so long as J-pop is really welcome among the J-Rockers.
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2005, 04:15 AM   #3
Kaoruyogi
TreasureTroll Slavetrader

Welp I'm planning out a hide, Kami, and Kaoru as far as the J-rock department...I'm getting back into the uncomfortable and hot make-up and costume world!!! YEAH!!! *dies* I love J-rock and I missed having more than one J-rock costume...But I'll be at any gathering you want me at Bridge ^_~

Before you criticize someone...walk a mile in THEIR shoes. Then when you criticize them you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.
Kaoruyogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2005, 03:25 AM   #4
KamisButterfly
Eternal Blood Relative

Yay a Jrock gathering! I shall be there. One question is it going to be inside or outside?

2007 cosplay
-Lareine Emiru Metamorphose PV
-Schwarz Stein Kaya
-Lareine Emiru Fiancailles PV
-Yuu Hizaki Grace Project
KamisButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2005, 01:08 PM   #5
enna
..:: manufactured ::..

JROCK GATHERING INDOOR PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

We all KNOW what most of the jrock costumes are like. Meeting outside under mid summer sun = tanning = over heating = death.

Someone should decide on a time and place where us jrock lovers can all gather and meet.

http://www.geocities.com/toshiya_ai
enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2005, 04:14 PM   #6
KamisButterfly
Eternal Blood Relative

Ok so then its a indoor gathering. What day should it be on. And should we have it in the LBCC or in one of the nearby hotels?

2007 cosplay
-Schwarz Stein Kaya
Unread 07-21-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Long Beach in September isnt really that bad in terms of sunlight; its the humidity that gets annoying.

The gathering ought to be indoor though; you just cant go wrong with that.

As for location, may as well pick one of the neighboring hotels. PMX isnt necessarily a tiny convention, but its far from the largest, and the crop of jrockers wont be massive, so why bother cluttering what will no doubt already have tons of cluttering to begin with, in that the con center?

So I'd say lets go for a hotel nearby. As for day and time, why not the 3rd, 'round 2ish?

Its a kosher idea to get to know all the jrock fans before the music events start, that way a group of people will already be accquainted with each other before the actual music event starts; makes things that much funner, when you know the people better.
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #8
kabuki_KILLER
Sewing like a spider

Yes. It will be indoors. Dawn and I will roast alive in our pvc illuminati costumes if it's outside. I hate humidity as well. I guess we could have the gathering just inside the entrance of the convention? I dunno. Ideas?

Anyway, let me say that I'll be REALLY excited about this event. And yes, we welcome jpop, though I don't know much about it. Just most of us cosplay jrockers because it's more visual. I like all cosplayers anyway. ^_^

The time of day sounds good, but the actual date I have to verify to make sure that we can all do our cosplays at that time. Hopefully the 3rd, but it's subject to change. I'll let you all know by Monday or Tuesday, ok?

Last edited by kabuki_KILLER : 07-21-2005 at 09:48 PM.
kabuki_KILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2005, 10:31 PM   #9
KamisButterfly
Eternal Blood Relative

There is the Hyatt hotel right next to the con center so we could have it there. The 3rd is good and 3 pm sounds good too.

2007 cosplay
-Schwarz Stein Kaya
Unread 07-21-2005, 10:53 PM   #10
kabuki_KILLER
Sewing like a spider

We'll know for sure by Monday or Tuesday. I hope we can have it sooner in the con, but if some of us are going to busy on the 3rd (I might have something going on), then we might need to push it back to the 4th or 5th. The date is NOT for certain yet and will be decided for when is convenient.

But the Hyatt as the place sounds good. Do you guys want to meet in the lobby? I prefer to take photos in better lighting though, but I guess that's just me being dumb.

Do you guys just want to get together and pose for pics or do you want to get together earlier and go have lunch or something? I'm up for any EVENT suggestions, as long as it's legal. XD
Unread 07-21-2005, 11:05 PM   #11
KamisButterfly
Eternal Blood Relative

I think the lobby sounds good. If I remember correctly from AX 2002 the lobby leads directly outside where there is really good places for pics.Its only a few steps then your outside. However I don't know if that has changed. They also have a nice park looking area and the pier which is nice.

2007 cosplay
-Schwarz Stein Kaya
Unread 07-21-2005, 11:30 PM   #12
kabuki_KILLER
Sewing like a spider

One question. Is it in Anaheim or long Beach? The PMX site and the Convention planning link say that it's in Long Beach, but the forum says that it's in Anaheim. What's going on? >_<

If there are any good fastfood or good restaurants nearby that aren't too expensive, I'd be up for a late lunch around 2 or 3 pm. Dunno which date though, but I could figure it out once I get back based on my schedule and yours. So anyone want to go eat during our gathering? We can still take pics, but we'll do both. ^_^
Unread 07-21-2005, 11:53 PM   #13
shogun

I think the topic goes back to last year's Anaheim convention.

It's in Long Beach this year.

Mike
shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #14
KamisButterfly
Eternal Blood Relative

Its in long beach. The forum probably forgot to put that. Its good that its in LB because its nice there. Its close to the beach so it won't feel like its hot. Plus you can see the queen mary from the pier. As far as eatting places go there is a del taco and carl's jr. There are probably more but I can't remember its been like 3 years since I been there. It would be fun to eat somewhere.

2007 cosplay
-Schwarz Stein Kaya
Unread 07-22-2005, 12:12 AM   #15
kabuki_KILLER
Sewing like a spider

Please leave your restaurant suggestions here. I must go. Will return in a few days (once I get back to America) to read your comments and provide info on the date and time of our meeting. I should probably go start on making the sign as well.

Be nice to each other. ^_^