Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 07-20-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
mocha
The Original Blikku!

Dawn Look-alike Contest

Hey everyone!

I was wondering how many of you are going to enter the contest? If you are, how's it going? Are you finished or still scrambling to get it done like me? I know I'm not going to place or anything, but I thought I would still give it a shot just for fun. Soooo....spill already!!
mocha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-20-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
reannaremick

I always say "maybe this year" but unless I stumble upon the EXACT fabric I need for super super cheap, it's totally not gonna happen this year either, lol. One of these days....
reannaremick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2005, 11:06 PM   #3
Fyremistress
Beautysmirror.com

Im all psyched and ready to go.. just waiting on my shoes from ebay and my armor from chaplinleather.com

I cant wait.. Year 3! One of the best things at the con
Unread 07-21-2005, 05:02 PM   #4
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

I know I also don't have a chance to place, so my costume is only half done as I have higher priority Otakon costumes working on. I probably will be doing an original design, so I probably will be doing last minute sewing to get something together.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2005, 09:56 PM   #5
kitsunered

I'm doing it again this year, though I think next year may be my last.

Costumes for 2007: Ran (Texhnolyze), She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power), Marie's Black Masquerade Gown (Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette), EGA Plum Walking Suit (Original Design)

Cons for 2007: Katsucon (tentative), Animazement (tentative), MomoCon, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta
kitsunered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2005, 09:21 AM   #6
AshleyV
KiraRhian Cosplay

If time could magically stop, then I would definatly be entering in it. Since that will not be happening I'll just save the costume I'm working on for next year.

Facebook / Tumblr / DevianArt
AshleyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2005, 09:36 PM   #7
a-tastic

i haven't ever done the contest before, so i decided this year may be a good time to try...heh heh...we'll see. i'm about half done with my three tiers limited 3 costume. and, apparently my wig is never going to arrive.
i'm all kinds of clueless as to what the contest'll be like and i have no idea what on earth i'm supposed to do, but, hey, i'll be totally fun nonetheless!!
i look forward to seeing everyone there! i'll be the confused one...hee hee...
a-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

This is just an advance notice for any c.com members who plan to enter the Dawn contest this year regarding pictures from me: Unlike last year where I watched the ladies go up on stage, I won't be watching it this year but rather going in-and-out of the room and up-and-down the levels of the Hyatt, looking for cosplayers. I will however, be back in-time when you ladies parade on that cat-walk in the back of the room, along with the dozens of photographers taking pics like crazy. I also would like to get pictures of you afterwards (before would be possible if I catch you before you go backstage) and I know the D-con staff gets on photographers who take pics OUTSIDE the contest room, so if possible please go UPSTAIRS to the Hyatt lobby after the contest so I may find you and take pictures. Last year I managed to get a few who stayed in costume and mingled with the people partying upstairs, and I hope to do that again this year.

Thanks, and good-luck to everyone who plans to enter!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2005, 12:06 AM   #9
Fyremistress
Beautysmirror.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
This is just an advance notice for any c.com members who plan to enter the Dawn contest this year regarding pictures from me: Unlike last year where I watched the ladies go up on stage, I won't be watching it this year but rather going in-and-out of the room and up-and-down the levels of the Hyatt, looking for cosplayers. I will however, be back in-time when you ladies parade on that cat-walk in the back of the room, along with the dozens of photographers taking pics like crazy. I also would like to get pictures of you afterwards (before would be possible if I catch you before you go backstage) and I know the D-con staff gets on photographers who take pics OUTSIDE the contest room, so if possible please go UPSTAIRS to the Hyatt lobby after the contest so I may find you and take pictures. Last year I managed to get a few who stayed in costume and mingled with the people partying upstairs, and I hope to do that again this year.

Thanks, and good-luck to everyone who plans to enter!
very cool. name a location in the lobby, and we can meet ya there. might be easier.
or everyone can just look for the tall ass dawn-aka spider. and we can head toward her
Unread 07-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #10
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyremistress
very cool. name a location in the lobby, and we can meet ya there. might be easier.
or everyone can just look for the tall ass dawn-aka spider. and we can head toward her
Just come up to the lobby, and stay in one spot. Anywhere where there's room to breathe.. I'll find you eventually.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #11
kitsunered

If there's a large gathering of Dawns in any one place in the lobby, my guess is there will be a fairly large space around them of people taking pictures. The backside of the elevator bank (that faces the concierge and front doors) is a good place to stand normally, and one where there's not as much traffic flow (because it doesn't block access to the elevators in any way.

Costumes for 2007: Ran (Texhnolyze), She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power), Marie's Black Masquerade Gown (Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette), EGA Plum Walking Suit (Original Design)

Cons for 2007: Katsucon (tentative), Animazement (tentative), MomoCon, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta
kitsunered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2005, 07:01 PM   #12
mocha
The Original Blikku!

Wow! It's so exciting to know all of you are entering! -And those that aren't I look forward to seeing what you come up with for next year!

a-tastic: wow...how long have you been working on the three tiers costume?Was it difficult for you? I don't think I'm skilled enough yet to make a costume from the comic. So, I'm sticking with an original design for now.

kitsunered: OMG! You make such a pretty Dawn! Just noticed the avatar so I checked out your gallery. Wow.
mocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #13
tabbybunhead
Bad Kitty

Count me in

[quote=Fyremistress]Im all psyched and ready to go.. just waiting on my shoes from ebay and my armor from chaplinleather.com

I am there.I am doing an oufit inspired(inspired becuase I cannot afford to do the exact outfit) by the 9 to 5 pic.

I do not hold out a lot of hope of winning,but I am looking forward to crossplaying without worrying about ending up in the hospital emergency room.

I will be the dawn with an adam's apple using a Cane.I should be very sweet to be around as I will be taking pain pills for my back and legs.So please no one ask me to sign every thing I own over to them.I just might. lol.
tabbybunhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 11:15 PM   #14
Fyremistress
Beautysmirror.com

very cool. yeah I remember it being shakey about if you were able to attend or not. Ill be the dawn with the winged headdress and huuuuge spear
Unread 08-03-2005, 02:21 PM   #15
HealerKou
A Leaf on the Wind

I keep toying with the idea. I had a crappy Dawn costume last year, but was going to enter for fun, anyway. This year, I had wanted to make a better one, but I'm already so swamped with things I want to do. I don't know. I keep thinking about how fun it would be to be part of the contest. If I do it, though, it won't be in a half-assed costume.
HealerKou is offline   Reply With Quote