Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 01-22-2003, 03:31 PM   #1
Zephyrs
I Am! A Man! Of The Sea!

Xenogears Element Costume

So for the lovely Kelvena costume I've got planned, a nice big issue came up. what is the best way to approach the Elements' upper sleeve guard things? I'm not sure if the art book or the game portrait is easier to make ( http://www.forcefedmultimedia.com/xe...cherubina1.jpg and http://www.forcefedmultimedia.com/xe...cherubina2.jpg respectively) the artbook style can be treated as actual sleeves I'd think, just with much "poofy-ness"but the in-game one looks more like armor with a sleeve attached... the skirt is going to be made in multiple pieces so my little brain can handle it (^_^) but those sleeves... argh!

I'm leaning towards doing the separate sleeve thing seen in the game pics, but is that any easier? thanks in advance.
Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2003, 04:45 PM   #2
Celine
Remember me?

I like the game version with the separate sleeves, personally. For me, that would be easier, since attaching sleeves, especially poofy ones, is always a major challenge! I'd make sure that you flare your fabric to make the poof, add a lot of interfacing, and perhaps some invisible thread attaching the tops of the sleeves to the shoulders of the bodice. That way, it will stay on your arm and not flop at all. ^^
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2003, 12:08 PM   #3
TyJILDown
...rawr!~

I'm also going to be challenged with those separate sleeves for when I work on my Tolone costume. I have a few ideas in mind for the tops of the sleeves, probably may use foam underneath the fabric to shape it, may use that armour guide AA made to use as a base then put fabric over it.
TyJILDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2003, 02:01 PM   #4
Zephyrs
I Am! A Man! Of The Sea!

I was thinking the interfacing at first, though I wasn't sure it would be stiff enough, so I'd have to go with the armor tutorial. Fortunatly I've got loads of time to fiddle around with things like this, and lots of white broadcloth to experiment with... I wonder what else might work..
Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote