Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 07-25-2005, 03:10 PM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Getting to Dragon-con from the airport

Last year I took a cab to the Hyatt from the airport, which cost about $30 but then on the last day, Monday, I took the underground light-rail from the food-court/shopping area close to the Hyatt, and that cost about $1. quite a difference, ne?

This year I plan to take the light-rail to the Hyatt/shopping-center to Dragon-con when I arrive Friday morning at 7:30am. Now I know where to go to take the train once I get off the plane (it's near baggage-claim) but I've forgotten which train route to take and which stop (what's the station name) do I get off at for the Hyatt.

Anyone who can provide me (and anyone else who plans to do the same thing like I do) with the information, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #2
halafax
Mad scientist

ITs right up the road. Its right next to the hotels. Peachtree Center I think is the station.
Unread 07-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #3
kitsunered

You take Doraville line from the airport going north and get off at Peachtree Center Station. It drops you about a block from the hotel, but if you take the right escelator from the underground station, it will put you in the foot court that attaches to the Hyatt via hamster trail.

Costumes for 2007: Ran (Texhnolyze), She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power), Marie's Black Masquerade Gown (Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette), EGA Plum Walking Suit (Original Design)

Cons for 2007: Katsucon (tentative), Animazement (tentative), MomoCon, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta
kitsunered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #4
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Kitsunered & halafax: Thanks for the info. I remember going from the Hyatt to the food-court area and then going down that looooooooooooong escalator to the station. I'll besure to take the Doraville Line and get off at the Peachtree Center Station Thanks again!
Unread 07-26-2005, 04:18 PM   #5
Neo Dave
I like big props!

Thanks for the info guys! Dr.Noe and I will be flying in Thursday night so this would be a cheaper alternative. How long does it take to get to the Hyatt via light rail?

Heroic people take risks to themselves to help others.
Neo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2005, 09:16 PM   #6
TechieCL
MomoCon HeadStaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Dave
Thanks for the info guys! Dr.Noe and I will be flying in Thursday night so this would be a cheaper alternative. How long does it take to get to the Hyatt via light rail?
1\2 hour to 45mins.

MomoCon On Tour get your Fan-Fix between conventions. Photoshoots, dances, and more!
TechieCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2005, 01:24 PM   #7
joeranger
Joe Ranger

Just took it last night. Stayed at the Hyatt
Get on at the Airport (S7) the 8th stop is N1 Peachtree Center. Takes about 15 min. During the rush hours they run every 10min, then every 1/2 hour.
joeranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2005, 01:18 AM   #8
Neo Dave
I like big props!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeranger
Just took it last night. Stayed at the Hyatt
Get on at the Airport (S7) the 8th stop is N1 Peachtree Center. Takes about 15 min. During the rush hours they run every 10min, then every 1/2 hour.
Thanks Joe! Catch you there at the USCM table.

Heroic people take risks to themselves to help others.
Neo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #9
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Off to the con!!

Finished packing, and I'm headed out to the airport in an hour. Talked with Lionel, and he's getting into Atlanta an hour before I do, so he'll wait for me before we take the train to the Hyatt. After that we'll probably check into our room if it's ready, and then while he sleeps I'll probably try and pre-reg. else sleep for an hour or so myself.. hehe

See you all tomorrow or Saturday! And no matter how you get there, get there safely and just get there! ciao~