Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-27-2005, 05:56 AM   #1
bubina

God of War - Kratos costume

My fiance is going to dress as Kratos from God of War, but I haven't been able to find any very clear pictures of his outfit.

Just so you know who I'm talking about, I attached a couple of pictures of Kratos.

If anyone knows where to find some good screenshots, concept art, or anything, I'd really appreciate it. I've searched lots of sites that I found on yahoo, but the pictures they had weren't too clear.

Also there is a problem about what to use to paint on the red symbols. What could I possibly use? I wouldn't know where to find body paint... I think that would only be available at hallowe'en and carnival, there are no speciality shops for that kind of thing over here. Is there anything I could use instead of body paint? Or perhaps I could find something online? Could you recommend a brand, something that wouldn't go all crusty, and would look really natural.

The beard won't be a problem, my fiance has one just like that. And he wouldn't mind going skin-head for a while for this.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kra01.jpg (55.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg kra02.jpg (66.9 KB, 0 views)

Unread 07-27-2005, 10:37 AM   #2
halafax
Mad scientist

You figure he is wearing a lion cloth, Greek Sandles (see the Movie Troy for a good reference) The chains on his arms, and the blades, which end up being a pair of skulls. THose I think are going to be the hardest part of the costume. The body paint is gonna have to be sweat proof, other wise it will run. Honestly if you got a unitard for him that was white, and put the design on it, would be easier on you two. THen all you would have to do is paint his head.
Unread 07-27-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
Demri
Bunny Hugger! ^_^

Hehe. You can try this for reference pics: http://www.yosoykratos.com/index1.htm It's the REAL Kratos!

But seriously though, I'd try checking ign or gamespot - they usually have tons of screenshots of like every game imaginable. For the tatoos, mebbe you could use liquid latex?? http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/other/latex.html