Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 08-01-2005, 12:27 AM   #1
sahmah

Any '06 costumes in the works?

Hey, just wondering if anyone has already begun planning/work on their 2006 costumes. I know it's a very long way off, but we would love to hear what everyone's got in mind for next year!
sahmah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #2
ArimaSoichiro
I want a mechanical torii

As some may know, this maybe my last year as a cosplayer... so I decided to go out with a bang. I have a lot of idea for my next cosplay, a lot of which are very intricate. Lloyd Irving from ToS, Male Hume Ranger class from FFXI, Ephraim for FE:SS, there was my crazy idea of being Iruka from Naruto and bring with me 9 little kids dressed as the rookie 9 but I don't think I can convince that many of my little brother's friends to help me with that, Cloud from FFVII:AC, Tamahome from FY, Kazuma from S-cry-ed, as for Naruto Characters: I'm re-doing Sasuke one more year, Neji if I feel like it, and maybe add in Shikamaru or Naruto. That's all I have really planned. Feel free on commenting on anything I have said. Thanks. Been fun with all of you.
Unread 08-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
ACXchan
I sink you now!

I've already started work on one of my SDCC06 costumes @D@
ACXchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
sahmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArimaSoichiro
As some may know, this maybe my last year as a cosplayer... so I decided to go out with a bang. I have a lot of idea for my next cosplay, a lot of which are very intricate. Lloyd Irving from ToS, Male Hume Ranger class from FFXI, Ephraim for FE:SS, there was my crazy idea of being Iruka from Naruto and bring with me 9 little kids dressed as the rookie 9 but I don't think I can convince that many of my little brother's friends to help me with that, Cloud from FFVII:AC, Tamahome from FY, Kazuma from S-cry-ed, as for Naruto Characters: I'm re-doing Sasuke one more year, Neji if I feel like it, and maybe add in Shikamaru or Naruto. That's all I have really planned. Feel free on commenting on anything I have said. Thanks. Been fun with all of you.
I hope this won't be the last year you cosplay because you choose great characters. I'd like to see Lloyd, Cloud, and Shikamaru the most, but a Male Hume would be nice as well. Ephraim would be difficult but I'm sure you can pull it off.
(Off-topic) I'm getting really excited for Advent Children and if there's enough time, I'm going to try making AC Tifa for when it comes out. So that's just a little over a month.
Unread 08-02-2005, 04:44 PM   #5
sahmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACXchan
I've already started work on one of my SDCC06 costumes @D@
Are you going to tell us or keep it a secret?
Unread 08-04-2005, 02:15 AM   #6
Suzushichan
outta here

look forward to more guilty gear...

~suzushi
Unread 08-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #7
ArimaSoichiro
I want a mechanical torii

Lightbulb I've got a plan this time!

I have a Dynasty Warriors thing going for myself and thats certain, Lu Xun's swords! Besides my other Naruto costumes, I'm gonna make one last one and that's probably Shikamaru. AC Cloud, I want to spike my hair like that and carry a buster sword around. Lloyd Irving, another reason to carry swords, two of them! If I have the possiblity I'll rewear my Sasuke and Neji costumes one last time, so repairs and keeping it's good condition going is something else I have to do. But... so much fabric, props, and maybe some commisions I have to ask some people for. -_-;; Money goes flyin' out my pocket, that's for sure. But I will get these cosplays in I really want to! Wish me luck everyone!
Unread 08-05-2005, 05:46 AM   #8
Dejection

I'm thinking of doing a Tauren Druid from World of Warcraft (That one is going to take me the longest-If I can get a few other WoW/Warcraft cosplayers with me, I'd love to enter it into the Masquerade), Shahdee and Prince from Prince of Persia, Zelda, and probably Snapdragon from Kabuki. I don't have money to start them yet, but soon.
Dejection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 03:12 PM   #9
Natchan
Dare to Live

I'm already working on Advent Children Tifa for Comic Coc '06, its going to totally rock!
Natchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #10
Dre
7-13 'By Your Side'

Since I'm going to sadly be a natural bald by next year (that is, if I have to opportunity of going, Navy duties call ), I might as well do some short-haired characters, one in particular that people might like would be Colossus of the X-Men. Also, something for Suzushichan, either Dr. Baldhead or Faust might be a possibility. and don't worry, I'll bring an afro!

....................but then again, since I'm going to be in the Navy, perhaps an Advent Children inspired version of Sailor Barret Wallace might turn some heads.......... You'll just have to stay tuned kiddies ^_^

Last edited by Dre : 08-05-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 08:11 PM   #11
kooie

Getting ready to start shinigami costume from bleach...also forming a starwars group with a bunch of people...seems they wanna have people from both sides of the force...I say well then lets welcome the darkside shall we.

Might also be in the Masqurade in '06...should be awesome...its gonna prove quite amusing...but I'm not telling what our groups doing in the masquerade, i'll only say it'll be from a video game.
Unread 08-05-2005, 11:06 PM   #12
BountyBebopLuva
Go ahead, obey me :)

I'm working on it right now, as in trying to lose the weight to do the costume I want to do, Grace from Soulfire. I'm sure I'll do some smaller costumes for the time I'm there, maybe a Aspen from Fathom. And seeing how Grace has fairly large dragonfly-ish wings and stuff.. I'm starting it as soon as I can.

In Progress Planned Finished

ACen
Lloyd Asplund Code Geass: R2 Pj!Faye Valentine Cowboy Bebop - original design
BountyBebopLuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2005, 02:58 AM   #13
Hitori
Tra la la

I've also started on one of my Comic Con outfits, but by started I mean extensive studying, fabric collecting, and some patterning.
Unread 08-06-2005, 05:41 AM   #14
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

I have some ideas. I'm already working on something from Guild Wars. I would like to do something from Reboot and maybe Starcraft as well.

But right now those last two are just wishful thinking.
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2005, 10:07 AM   #15
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Perhaps if I decide to cosplay next year for SDCC 2006, I'll bring back the idea of cosplaying as Kevin from "Sin City" and Danny from Jet Li's "Unleashed" w/ the collar that I've asked a friend to make but put on-hold for now.. we'll see.. long time to go til then..
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote