Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 01-24-2003, 03:02 PM   #16
Ina
har har har

sami - oh yesss, i totally agree about antonio banderas playing as armand, Tom Cruise mad a really good Lestat, Brad Pitt played a stunning Louis, yet his face is a little too full, isn't he suppose to have a very slim and lean face? and Kirsten Dunst made such a great Claudia!!! i looove that movie!!!

OMG, QotD the movie sucked sooo badly!!!, the music is good, but gawd they didn't inculde maharet's twin sister!!! WTF? and Marius being Lestat's maker? jeebus! they really messed up the book ;_; anywhuu, but if you pretend you never read the book AT ALL you'll think it's a good movie ^_^

well, too bad Anne Rice's book coming out this year will be her last ;_; NUUU!!!
Ina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-24-2003, 03:04 PM   #17
diqitaldreams
Rock Lee Fangirl!

WA?! Her last?! That's...not possible! It can't be!!! @_@;; .. who else will I admire for life?! BAH!! No more vampire chronicles...I'll..sob...
diqitaldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2003, 03:10 PM   #18
ChibiRinoa
Dynamic Duo

ooooo me looove Armand....but not Antonio Banderas...blech....i so prefer the young thing he is in the books....heh...i rented QOTD last night and still havent watched it...tomorrow i will
ChibiRinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2003, 03:26 PM   #19
diqitaldreams
Rock Lee Fangirl!

BE WARY...
Unread 01-24-2003, 03:35 PM   #20
Ina
har har har

chibirinoa - BEWARE!

yes yes! it will be her last, check out her site (www.annerice.com) in her phone messages section... here's part of it...

--
"I feel a great change coming in my career. Infact, I know it's coming. The book I've written, the book that will appear in 2003 in the fall. It will be the last of the vampires and the witches. It will be the very end. Of course, that's subject to change. But I don't think it's going to change. I think it's going to be the last book that I put before the world and desperately plead for. Oh, but it's really about good and evil. Yes, yes I know it's vampires and witches, yes. But it's really about good and evil. It's about salvation, it's about damnation, it's about grace. "I know it's about vampires and witches, yes, yes, BUT"....yeah, that going to end for me. That book at the end of 2003 will be the last one with which I approach the altar of God in convolution. There will be no more after that one....there will be no more. There may be life for Lestat, my vampire hero, there may be life for the Mayfair witches there may be life for them, but they'll be on television or in the movies. I have great hopes for television, and what might do. But the books won't come from me anymore. Something entirely different will come. Something much more direct. But that last book will be published in October. I hope that I will go on tour then, and that I will see you. In the meantime, thank you for all your wonderful calls and for all the love you've given me. Believe me, I love you. I love you all. Take care."
--

ekkk ;_;
Unread 01-24-2003, 04:20 PM   #21
crosis101
Mr. Freeze

Course you could Cosplay a vampire.. and then have people think yuo are a LARPer ... uhg... a fate worse than death....

and for the love of god why do all vampires wear crushed velvet and black leather?... why!?.... man that is why Simon is so pissed off all the time, and why Alucard want's to kill his dad... to be a vampire is to have poor fashion sence...

Crosis
crosis101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2003, 06:08 PM   #22
diqitaldreams
Rock Lee Fangirl!

^^ Actually...I don't mind having bad fashion sense. It's just something on a matter of opinion. Fashion and trend doesn't have to rule the world, this is why people cosplay. People don't cosplay to "fit" into the latest fashion, yanno. Vampires are a creature on their own -- and if they look good in velvet and leather, then, they should damn well strut their stuff. :P
Unread 01-24-2003, 06:09 PM   #23
diqitaldreams
Rock Lee Fangirl!

;_; ... say it ain't so...it's not nice...chuuufun...
Unread 01-24-2003, 07:03 PM   #24
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

OMFG, I HATED the Queen of the Damned movie. Whoever wrote that script should never be allowed to write again. I couldn't even make it through to the end. I suppose I would have liked it if I hadn't read the books, but. . .that movie was just wrong ;_;.

And I have hope for more Vampire Chronicles and Mayfair Witches stuff. IIRC, she said she wasn't going to write any more Chronicles after Memnoch the Devil but we see what has happened afterwards ^_^. Besides, she REALLY needs to continue the Mayfair storyline after Taltos.

Anyways. . .I'll stop my babbling now XD.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2003, 08:22 PM   #25
Celine
Remember me?

Heh, I hated the Queen of the Damned book. No way I'd subject myself to that movie! ^^ Interview with the Vampire was fabulous and had a nice cast, though perhaps not the most accurate. I think Tom Cruise's hair didn't suit him well in that film... he's meant to have dark hair, and looks strange with lighter hair.

I had mixed feelings about Lasher, and I was reading Taltos at some point. I can't remember if I finished the Witching Hour. She's got way too many books, and they aren't all that great. The Vampire Lestat was my favorite.

I like the extravagant and dark vampire costumes. I guess it's just a matter of differing taste. ^^
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2003, 09:12 PM   #26
AshleyV
KiraRhian Cosplay

I agree! I have fell in love with many of the characters and would love to cosplay as them.
AshleyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2003, 09:24 PM   #27
Rosieal
Magister Mundi Sum

Tom Cruise was a good Lestat, but his mouth was too small for him. His acting was simply stunning though. Stewart Townsende acted more like Louis than a Lestat in the Queen of the Damned Movie. They didn't even have Louis in Queen of the Damned which was one of the disappointments I got. The movie was a good movie if you haven't read the book. It would have been better off if it's title were not Queen of the Damned.

Vincent Perez didn't look anything like Marius in Queen of the Damned but he was able to give off Marius' aura. His acting was wonderful, in my humble opinion.

Armand is a very enthralling character, but it's hard to cosplay him physically speaking. One must be able to look like a Boticelli Angel, but I guess it would be pretty easy to act like him. ^^

I saw a picture of an Australian model before. He would make the ^perfect^ Lestat. He has his shoulder length, wavy and light golden blonde hair. He also has that rare short, narrow nose and an unusually large, sensual mouth.
Rosieal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 10:11 AM   #28
DancingVampire
++I <3 Fuzzy Pandas++

Hmmm Lestat would be fun to cosplay as considering I look like the Tom Cruise version of him but It would be fun to wear that shirt and blue vest SO PRETTY Im working my wat through blackwood farm right now ^_^
DancingVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 10:31 AM   #29
Ina
har har har

Quote:
I saw a picture of an Australian model before. He would make the ^perfect^ Lestat. He has his shoulder length, wavy and light golden blonde hair. He also has that rare short, narrow nose and an unusually large, sensual mouth.
oOoO!!! do you have the picture or a sitey? i know so many character look alikes >.< oiii, this Hugo Boss sweden model is the perfect Louis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alex lundvist.jpg (68.5 KB, 24 views)
Unread 01-25-2003, 05:09 PM   #30
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

I would loooove to make a Claudia costume. I wouldn't wear it obviously, because she is a kid, but just to have, like, in a case or something...

Anyway, she gives a lot of detail, but I would think that would help. You can always buy the "Vampire's companion" or the "Witches Companion". They are guides to all of her books. They give brief discriptions of all the characters.