Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 02-03-2003, 03:51 PM   #46
lupineloli
cyberlola

yeah - that is what I was thinking. But which costumes would be recognizible, you think?
lupineloli is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-03-2003, 06:25 PM   #47
Ina
har har har

the one she wore when she was talking to all of the vampires in QotD, or perhaps something similar to the one in the movie version *coughthemovieisevilcough* ^_^ it would be so awesome to see a maharet or mekare cosplayer XD
Ina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2003, 08:13 PM   #48
lupineloli
cyberlola

Hm ~ thanks for the ideas! =D

(yes the movie was evil - I was 'lucky' and got to see it test screened...my survey was NOT pretty ^^)
Unread 02-03-2003, 11:15 PM   #49
Rosieal
Magister Mundi Sum

You might also want to try the doll versions of Maharet and Mekare. They have those at Anne Rice's official site. ^^
Rosieal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2003, 01:16 AM   #50
lupineloli
cyberlola

hmmm....
*checks out site for the first time since 1997*
*mutters something about massive ego*

*looks around*

I'm surprised there is no Claudia doll - but maybe it would hit too close to home with Anne. The female dolls are a lot better than the guy dolls - or does no one else feel that way?

Hmm *trying to remember the dress Anne wore when I saw her at a book signing - but never got into because she kept talking to everyone......* Gold and black with pooooofy sleeves.

anywho - thanks for the tip =)

BTW - has anyone gone to any of the Anne Rice themed balls/masquerades in New Orleans?
Unread 02-04-2003, 03:34 AM   #51
Rosieal
Magister Mundi Sum

A pity that there is no Louis doll as well. The Lestat doll is garbed in splendour, but it looks more like a replica of Marius to me. The female dolls are very beautiful though.

I haven't gone to any of the Vampire Lestat Fan club balls as I do not live in America. Furthermore, the Vampire Lestat Fan club have been discontinued. There are no masquerades anymore, I believe. However, I have been told many wonderful things about the balls by people who have actually been to one.
Unread 02-04-2003, 12:23 PM   #52
lupineloli
cyberlola

the red velvet one does look a lot like Marius - I remember thinking that very thought when she presented it on a TV show here a few years back (The Rosie O'Donnell show).

I was also unaware her husband was ill - and had now died. That's really sad considering I see both him & her as kind of "immortal" figures. I mean - despite me not liking her current works, I'll still pour hours into my old, battered and worn copies of the earlier stuff and since I began reading her when I was 12, it's a big part of me =/ Sorry to get all emotional but yeah - I am sad Stan Rice has passed.
Unread 02-17-2003, 11:13 AM   #53
CandyElly

Re: Anne Rice's Characters

I always planned on making Lestat for Dragoncon. I still want to but I don't believe that will happen anytime soon for I am completely broke... and well I don't want to do it half assed. The costume the way I want to do it would probably end up costing $1000 *eek*
Maybe when I graduate from college next year and get a good job...I could start on it ^^
But it was just going to be one of the ones from the movie IWTV.

http://www.shinyclouds.com/links/eyes.jpg
CandyElly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2003, 09:06 AM   #54
Laiqalassë

>>---> looks about him <---<< Lost Elf here... >>---> scratches my pointed ears <---<<

At any rate, try looking at IMMORTALIS' cosplay pic as Lestat (without the frock coat >>---> I've seen it though). It's awesome... she even has the fangs if you scrutinize the image closely.

Long are the waves on the Last Shore falling,
Sweet are the voices in the Lost Isle calling,
In Eressëa, in Elvenhome that no man can discover,
Where the leaves fall not: land of my people for ever!
Laiqalassë is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2003, 12:07 PM   #55
StacyMichelle

Oi, I would love to be a Lestat at some point in my cosplaying lifetime. I could do my hair like his, get some contacts, get my nails done... if I pay hommage to anime by cosplaying, then why not do the same for one of my favorite authors?

I thought about characters like Maharet and Armand, but Lestat is someone that I can relate to better.

Ghost, you're icon and costumes in your gallery are gorgeous! *_* You would be perfect for any Anne Rice character!
StacyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2003, 11:47 PM   #56
Rosieal
Magister Mundi Sum

Immortalis did make an awesome Lestat. I love the evil fangs and the sinister look.

StacyMichelle, thanks for helping me build up my confidence on cosplaying Marius. ^^ I do believe you'd make an awesome Lestat as well. I am able to go to New York and it would be awesome if we could dress up as Anne Rice characters one time. ^__^
Unread 03-09-2003, 12:16 AM   #57
Lady Somairot
scandalicious

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

ok, so, YES the movie was awful -- this coming from the girl who's favorite book from the series IS the QofD. HOWEVER, and I stress the 'however', you HAVE to watch the commentary. it doesn't completely justify the omittance of poor Mekare ( - you can't justify it, dammit... she should have been there!!! >_<! - ) BUT it explains why they did things the way they did. (for instance, they admit that to do this story justice [and the Vampire Lestat] they'd have a 9 hour mini-series on their hands...)

though there is this one part where they SAY they have reference to Mekare... but I can never see it. In the scene where Marius and Lestat have met up with each other before the concert and they are sitting on a ... what's-it-called-thing... infront of his billboard... o_O;;... yeah. They said something about seeing a Mekare reference on one of the billboards they show, but for the life of me I can't see it. ~_~

NOW THEN. as for cosplay purposes, I'd initially want to do a Claudia costume from the movie... the gold one she wears whilst dancing with Louis in Paris .. mmmm.... ^_^ but I'd probably do a Pandora costume just because I LOVE HER SO MUCH! *drool*

and now I'm finished babbling. ^_~
Lady Somairot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2003, 01:34 AM   #58
Radical Urd
Good to be Back

alright I know Queen of the Dammed sucked BUT Aaliyah's costume rocked and i'm trying my darnedest to make it, and that head piece is going to give me hell. I also want to make Claudia. There aren't many black people in the Vampire Chronicles tho......
Radical Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2003, 06:10 AM   #59
Rosieal
Magister Mundi Sum

Myoubi's dresses can be converted into Claudia's, Lady Somairot.

You might want to try being Merrick, Radical Urd. She's a very beautiful dark-skinned character... and she has Louis. X_X

Last edited by Rosieal : 03-09-2003 at 06:47 AM.
Unread 03-11-2003, 02:50 AM   #60
TsukiGuujin

*leaps into the thread*

When Ghost cosplays Marius, I think I'm going to cosplay Armand. ^^; It just makes sense to me to cosplay them together.

I don't really have the face of a Botticelli angel, but.....XD

Immortalis' Lestat costume rocks my socks, yo.

(Ghost, you will be a beautiful, if a bit too short, Marius)

About the movie:
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?
It was a really good story, but....who are those people!? Lestat? AHAHAH! That's a cosplayer. Not Lestat.

ANd yes, Aaliyah's costume did rock. But you know, Akasha's skin would be as pale as the marble itself. I don't think that she would be that dark, after being so old. It's even mentioned in the book....OH WAIT! THE BOOK! Right. The movie is NOTHING like the book.

But I have the soundtrack. ^^;

~~Tsuki Guujin~~
TsukiGuujin is offline   Reply With Quote