Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 03-11-2003, 05:21 PM   #61
Rosieal
Magister Mundi Sum

XD Tsuki! LoL, I'm not more than six feet tall, but I have platforms! If they make the Vampire Chronicles into anime...
Rosieal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2003, 01:34 AM   #62
TsukiGuujin

X_X
Are they gonna do that? I don't think they will. Anne Rice is too stingy with her characters! *laugh*

She'd prolly get REALLY upset if she knew we were dressing as them.

I wanna see the dolls! I've never seen them. O.O

~~Tsuki~~
TsukiGuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2003, 02:50 AM   #63
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TsukiGuujin
X_X
Are they gonna do that? I don't think they will. Anne Rice is too stingy with her characters! *laugh*

She'd prolly get REALLY upset if she knew we were dressing as them.
Y'know, reading over this thread, that's the first thing I was gonna say. She got angry at fans for writing fanfiction, and had the Vampire Chronicles section at Fanfiction.net closed down.. So what would she do if she saw people cosplaying? :P

Ever since I first saw the movie, I've wanted to cosplay Lestat. Freshman year of high school, I read a monologue from the first book in drama dressed in a really lame Louis costume. *laughs* Actually I think I looked more like early Malice Mizer era Gackt. Long dark hair tied back with cheek length bangs in front, a white dress shirt, black leather pants, and sunglasses to add to the vampirism. *falls over* But I'd love to really do Lestat, in one of his outfits from the movie.. because Tom Cruise was simply amazing in that role. *-* Yesss.. someday.

When Rosiel is Lestat, I am stalking her. The end.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2003, 11:30 PM   #64
Rosieal
Magister Mundi Sum

In The Vampire Lestat Fan Club balls, there are many people who dressed up as Anne Rice's vampires. She would even attend the ball herself, so I don't think there is much of a problem when we dress up as her characters.

Her reason behind banning Fan Fiction is because she would like her fans to to write their own original stories and characters and she does not like the thought of her characters being used in a story that wasn't hers.

Lestat is a popular halloween character. There are even Lestat coats and fangs being sold online, so no worries for the cosplayers out there. Michi, you'd make an awesome Lestat and I think you should push through with it. ^_^
Unread 03-12-2003, 11:41 PM   #65
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Thankyou, Ghost! ^_^ I think I will indeed try someday. I just dunno when! ^_^;; Gah.
*points at your avatar* You're a sexysexy Rosiel, btw. XD

Unread 03-13-2003, 12:45 AM   #66
TsukiGuujin

Michi, you'd make a really good Lestat, and I'm sure your Louis was FABULOUS, if a bit too Gackty. XD

And Ghost IS indeed a sexysexy Rosiel, isn't she!?

~~Tsuki~~
Unread 03-13-2003, 12:59 AM   #67
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

And re-reading this thread, I really do think Ghost would make a good Arakune. :X I considered he-- him once. o.o;

Thanks Tsuki. ^^ Yayyy I need to go to more fantasy/scifi cons so I can do all of my non Japanese cosplay ideas. @_x Aside from BayCon and ComicCon, though, I know of little... feh.

Unread 03-16-2003, 04:29 AM   #68
IMMORTALIS

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

~jumps in from nowhere~ Ghostie would make a perfect Lestat. At least she doesn't need a wig plus the "beastie" look in her eyes which makes you wanna run for your life when she's pissed off. XD Right Ghostie? ~nudges~

Ei, Tsuki-chan! I think you'll make a great ARMAND so go for it, woo! I likey him, of all Anne Rice's characters. =D

Goodluck with your Lestat cosplay too, Michi! =]
I'll cosplay LESTAT again this year, but this time in a different garb. I'm thinking about....dyeing and perming my hair, eep!X___xv

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

†ALUCARD†

IMMORTALIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2003, 04:46 AM   #69
Rosieal
Magister Mundi Sum

The QOTD movie sounded like a fan fiction to me. I wonder why Anne Rice didn't sue them.

Ahhh! No! Not Arakune again! XD Michi, you'll make a dead sexy Arakune, like you did with your Kuja. ^_^

Nah, Tom Cruise is Lestat. I'll end up looking like Magnus even if I try to cosplay Lestat with my currently silver hair. LOL I just need to find a way how to make my teeth disappear and wear a black, tattered cloak. Toothless Magnus! I always thought that Jack Nicholson would make the best Magnus though. I need to practice the art of aging through make-up. I'll bite Immortalis once I completely transform myself into Magnus. J/K

And yes, Tsuki will be my little boy, Armand... won't you? XD

[Edit: I just have to mention the Toothless Magnus part.]

Last edited by Rosieal : 03-16-2003 at 04:58 AM.
Unread 03-16-2003, 04:30 PM   #70
Ina
har har har

> When Rosiel is Lestat, I am stalking her. The end.

LOL, your not the only one!!!

O_O ghost, your avatar is sooo sexay!!! gawd, look at those eyes O_O

oh and michi, i think you would be a great armand
Ina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2003, 07:48 AM   #71
IMMORTALIS

Yeah, Ghostie is right!
TOM CRUISE is the best Lestat. ^_^v

Quote:
I'll bite Immortalis once I completely transform myself into Magnus. J/K
Nah you'll probably lose your fangs. XD
I'm much "oldie" for a victim. ~lol~

†ALUCARD†

IMMORTALIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2003, 07:13 PM   #72
Lyn
ginga bishonen

Wow, wish I had discovered this thread sooner. ^^; I'm a bit of a newbie fan to Anne Rice. I just started reading the books in December and am currently in "Tale of the Body Theif". Not the greatest of the books but I'm determined to read them all in order. ^^;;

I would love to do some type of Vampire Chronicles cosplay some day but the problem I have is I have absolutely no idea who I could pass as! o_o; So, no clue who I would cosplay in that case. I love seeing other people do it though and can't wait to see Rosiel's Lestat cosplay. ^^
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2003, 05:54 PM   #73
TsukiGuujin

Eee, thankies, Immortalis and Ghost! Of course, I will be your Armand, Ghost. *laugh*

And I think Ghost, you will make a stunning Marius, but...Magnus is icky. XD

~~Tsuki~~
Unread 10-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #74
Gunnergurl44

Hmm...hope maybe some of you guys are still around...

Well I feel like I'm going out on a limb a bit because I'm doing Interview with the Vampire movie version of Lestat. That's right, I'm going to try to be Tom Cruise's Lestat. *Crosses herself* God help me!

This is for this year's Halloween, for the costume party at my school, which is on the 29th. Um...and I need help! Desperately! Because I'm going the whole nine yards with the hair, the shirt, the pants, the vest, and the coat. My main problem is the coat. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks guys!

~~ Upcoming Con's and Cosplays! ^^ ~~
Gunnergurl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #75
ASTRO☆ASH
Vittoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnergurl44 View Post
Hmm...hope maybe some of you guys are still around...

Well I feel like I'm going out on a limb a bit because I'm doing Interview with the Vampire movie version of Lestat. That's right, I'm going to try to be Tom Cruise's Lestat. *Crosses herself* God help me!

This is for this year's Halloween, for the costume party at my school, which is on the 29th. Um...and I need help! Desperately! Because I'm going the whole nine yards with the hair, the shirt, the pants, the vest, and the coat. My main problem is the coat. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks guys!
Yay Lestat! Hmm. Well since I'm pretty new to cosplaying I'm not all that knowledgeable on where to get or make cosplay things, but I'd reccomend searching around on etsy.com for victorian men's coats and/or jackets (even possibly brocade ones- I know he has a lot of detail on many of his coats). They won't be totally cheap, but some look well made. You can even ask the seller any questions you have if you make an account on the site~
Or, if you're really gutsy, you can attempt to make the coat on your own! Is it just gonna be a (kinda) simple 18th/19th century coat or, like, one with tails and all that fancy stuff? I know Lestat had some extravagant stuff in IwtV. Sorry I couldn't help more!

I just really wanna revive this thread since I ADORE the Vampire Chronicles! I never actually thought there'd be other cosplayers out there, like the ones on this thread, who did! Plus, I'm considering cosplaying Armand, since he's such a cute tsundere and one of my favorite characters for some reason~ I'd love it if the Vampire Chronicles became popular or at least well-known in the cosplaying world ^^