Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 4.83 average.
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:04 PM   #16
DarknessSummit
Like a Rock Star

lol, well it would seem that loss of weight would be a big concern for cosplay, well me too, trying to slim my body down and get rid of my fat;-; good thing two days ago, i learned a special stretch to get rid of the tummy roundness fat that kinda slips out on the sides.............its really effective.......10 mins each time, 3 times a day, no equipments necessary^^.........
Animeboston?
OTAKON

Upcoming costumes:
cursed seal 2 sakon
laguna loire?
amano itachi?
DarknessSummit is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #17
Firestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi
I eat (or atleast try to eat) fastfoods about once a month, and instead of sodas I drink juices and green tea (one green tea brand had 5 calories per serving....compared to 180 per soda). Green tea in particular is an antioxidant and it really helps to purify the body and keep everything running smoothly. Sodas on the other hand...kill your kidneys, and all that sugar turns to fat, not to mention all of the sodium and other stuff.....Green tea has about the same amount of caffine as sodas, so once you start to drink tea, you dont really crave sodas anymore...

Green tea>>Sodas
yeah. green tea is a much better thing to drink than soda. not to mention that there are rumors now that it speeds up your matabolisom... (stfu, i killed the spelling) but yeah. its not a fact yet that it does actually do that.
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #18
Yusuke Urameshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessSummit
lol, well it would seem that loss of weight would be a big concern for cosplay, well me too, trying to slim my body down and get rid of my fat;-; good thing two days ago, i learned a special stretch to get rid of the tummy roundness fat that kinda slips out on the sides.............its really effective.......10 mins each time, 3 times a day, no equipments necessary^^.........

does it work?
I'd love to know how to do that.....I have a slight problem with my love handles.
Yusuke Urameshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:15 PM   #19
mariksgrl
Give me the simple life

i've had problems with my wieght but lately i have been losing wieght cause my mom has this wierd genetic thing that i have and apparently the older i get the skinnier i get but i would like to tone my body and im working on my arms but yeah if you can try not to eat so much junk foods and like i dont know get a normal diet going it usually works o.o (im stupid)
Sunday - Hungary
mariksgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #20
Sporkstress
Tastes Like Cheese

I've lost about 20 lbs since I've started cosplaying. It wasn't for cosplay though... but because I was overweight and started to get too big. When I realized how big of a pants size I had to buy at one point... I decided it was time to start losing weight though. I didn't diet though, but cut back on foods and excersize more. I'm incredibly happy I did too, I can fit my old pants and my old shirts look good on me again... and I generaly feel happier about myself.

Though I didn't do it for cosplay, it's a great modivation.
Sporkstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:52 PM   #21
Suzushichan
outta here

man, lookin' good ain't easy. DDR, In the Groove, Para Para, Taiko Drum master, YEAH! that's the way to burn calories~! oh, but i also count my calories and stuff too.

~suzushi
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:57 PM   #22
DarknessSummit
Like a Rock Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi
does it work?
I'd love to know how to do that.....I have a slight problem with my love handles.
yup it works........over a period of time....u have one hand on ur waist, ur body bends that way, and ur other hand lends over the same way something like thiss....anyway, u lean over for a certain amount of time, then switch to the other side, its strecthes the muscle there in the tummy area, theres other ways too, but i cant explain it well enough in words...but from wat i said so far, do this for about like 10 mins, three times a day....and do it everyday....after a couple of weeks u would lose a couple of cms or so
Animeboston?
OTAKON

Upcoming costumes:
cursed seal 2 sakon
laguna loire?
amano itachi?
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #23
DarknessSummit
Like a Rock Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariksgrl
i've had problems with my wieght but lately i have been losing wieght cause my mom has this wierd genetic thing that i have and apparently the older i get the skinnier i get but i would like to tone my body and im working on my arms but yeah if you can try not to eat so much junk foods and like i dont know get a normal diet going it usually works o.o (im stupid)
thats the metabolism kicking in.......different people have different speeds of metabolism, it depends how fast and how much ur body absorbs nuitrition and stuff...and how much it uses the energy, so i guess ur moms gene is kicking in
Animeboston?
OTAKON

Upcoming costumes:
cursed seal 2 sakon
laguna loire?
amano itachi?
Unread 08-01-2005, 11:17 PM   #24
tfcreate
Behind the lens since 68

If you're really serious about loosing weight, then FIRST talk to your doctor.
But keep in mind, anime bodies are about as far from realistic as you can get, so just try to be the best you that you can be. I'm at 5'10, 210, and I like the fact that I can bench 300lbs. I doubt that Cloud Strife can do that. :lol:
TFC
tfcreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 11:54 PM   #25
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

Well, the numbers on the scales don't bother me. It's when I look in the mirror, and can see blubber sticking out of my pants. I'm not worried about losing weight, just getting more in shape and trying to eat healthier. I swear, looking back at what I eat, I wouldn't be suprised if I dropped dead from all the junk.
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2005, 12:45 AM   #26
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

My first time cosplaying at a con, I went to the bathroom and looked in a mirror halfway through the day, and went "....ACK." Because I was wearing a gold bikini (the character was an exotic dancer) and when I raised my arms, you could see my ribs. Then I got pictures developed, and my legs looked like sticks.

Cosplay made me wish I could GAIN weight. But I just couldn't seem to. Eating until I felt sick only managed to make me maintain weight. I think I've managed to gain maybe 5 pounds, but then I've gained some muscle since then too, so I may have lost the much-needed padding around my middle by now. -_- Oh well, the muscle definition gives me a better body image (as does having a girlfriend who thinks I'm cute), so I'm at least happy to cosplay characters with bare shoulders now... dunno if my ribs still stick out so much or my legs are so stick-like that seeing those parts of me is gross. But since I mostly crossplay, it's not like I have a lot of bared torsos and legs.
Unread 08-02-2005, 01:22 AM   #27
AnimegirlParnaz
Persian Cosplayer

When anime expo 2005 was coming up I was planning on cosplaying as the girl dancer from final fantasy tactics(I'm 23 and 4'9), so 2 months before AX I started doing 100-200 crunches everday. Then I worked out using a dvd about scuplting the abs by doing pilates. By the time AX approach I thought I was still fat so I ended up starving myself to lose weight. I know that is very bad but I was running out of time.

Last edited by AnimegirlParnaz : 08-02-2005 at 02:28 AM.
AnimegirlParnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2005, 01:54 AM   #28
Jujubeans
Constantly tired.

I'll be the broken record for you all. Watch the scene in "Bring it On" where Cruise's char talks about starving yourself... that's actually true. XD I just like bringing that part up.

East less processed foods and more organic foods.
Unread 08-02-2005, 02:13 AM   #29
Evali
Catboy Lover

I ended up losing about 25 pounds this year due to better diet and more exercise. At this point I'm happy with how much I weigh, but I'd like to transform some of it from fat -> muscle since I like doing tough girl characters.

Since someone mentioned it, remember: You cannot drop fat from a certain spot by exercising that spot! Your genetics determine where you put on fat in what order, in order to lose fat cardiovascular exercise is still best.
Unread 08-02-2005, 04:50 AM   #30
DarknessSummit
Like a Rock Star

well for me i gain pounds and lose pounds like crazy.....like when im lazy over the winter to summer, i gain like 10 to 20 pounds, but later on i lose that...my normal weight is 170, i dunno wats my weight now but i hope its around that...

and also i beginning to suspect the mystery behing most japanese skinniness....it could be the gene but i think its the busy life of walking so much everyday....i feel myself getting lighter too(im currently in japan for japanese class, been here for six weeks)
Animeboston?
OTAKON

Upcoming costumes:
cursed seal 2 sakon
laguna loire?
amano itachi?