Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 171 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 08-03-2005, 12:31 AM   #46
Angel Tifa
Survivor of Horror 4-ever

I remember before I started cosplaying officially, I wanted to lose weight(5' 3", and 180 pounds at the time), so I could fit into my Tifa Lockhart mini skirt again. But it wasn't just because of that; I really wanted to be a healthier woman ! So then when I went on my diet(eating sensible healthy meals, and water with two meals a day), I droped 25 pounds. When I did lose weight, I felt healthier, so much better, I think better, and feel more flexible ! For me, it's more than just cosplay. If people want to lose weight, it shouldn't be just for beauty and cosplaying imo. If it's also because you want to be healthy, it's good for you .

So yes, I completley understand the feeling . I felt so much better cosplaying, after I lost weight. But like I said, it felt better, cosplaying and while not cosplaying . It's a wonderful healthy feeling .

2008 Cosplay list:
Ada Wong/Resident Evil 2 Completed
Heather Mason/Silent Hill 3 Completed

I claim -Tifa Lockhart/Final Fantasy VII- at the claiming thread
Angel Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-04-2005, 04:28 AM   #47
Firestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewprincess
Be very careful about that and make sure that your goals are within reason. When I was a size 0, I actually WAS anorexic and that's not good! (It's also not good that one of my size 0s was a great pair of pants and now I can't wear it again....grr) Find out what is a good, reasonable size for your build and at what weight you feel your healthiest!
yeah. i understand all the risks involved with that. i've been to the doctor for eatting habits in the past. they took a blood test and i was low in like, all of these areas because i wasnt eatting... almost at all. and if i did eat, it was something unhealthy like starbucks or gum or something. i really have tryed everything, the healthy ways, and the not so healthy ways... and it seems that the not healthy ways work better. i tryed purging for awhile honestly, even if i usually dont like talking about that. so i guess thats good. but my goal still is to fit into a size 0 again. im pretty close... so i can hope it'll happen soon.
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2005, 09:03 AM   #48
TribalButterfly
How Much Longer Until CN?

I'm not really heavy, but i wouldn't mind toning up my tummy some
Unread 08-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #49
rayquo
rezistahd uzahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalButterfly
I'm not really heavy, but i wouldn't mind toning up my tummy some :)
Haha, me neither :P Cosplay tends to keep me doing crunches every summer to keep my stomach flat ;;

I'd much rather diet for cosplay purposes than diet for anything else.
rayquo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 02:52 PM   #50
Crystal Theif
The thorn in your side

I'm not big or anything like that, though I wouldn't mind a flatter stumach. Plus, I used to be a little bit bigger, and I still can't lose the behind, if you know what I mean.
I think, before I do any of the short skirt, shorts out fits, yes, I'd like to loose a little bit of weight. But Cosplaying isn't my only reason. I'd also just like to be able to wear the really cool jeans and such on a normal, day-to-day basis. But yeah, Cosplay has a little bit to do with it. I'm going on a diet, right now. No candy, junk food. I'll eat good meals, and lots of water. ;p I wanna be able to fit into that Yuna costume most of all, at the moment.
Unread 08-05-2005, 04:22 PM   #51
TribalButterfly
How Much Longer Until CN?

HEY! I think i lost some weight lately actually!
I just tried on my LUST costume for CNAnime and i'm no longer afraid of it busting at the seams when i sit down! HAHAHA! SWEET!
Unread 08-05-2005, 10:35 PM   #52
tfcreate
Behind the lens since 68

I made a stunning discovery about exercising.... actually, Idiot that I am, I just forgot. I was 3 months into my weightlifting programme when one of my trainers reminded me that MUSCLE IS HEAVIER THAN FAT!!!!
I had gained 20lbs before I asked someone who knew.... Oh well... live and learn..... (stupid trainers....) j/k
TFC

Rules for life: Rule #7
Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are.
Anime Midwest Anime Chicago Chicago Comicon
Anime Iowa
tfcreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 10:41 PM   #53
ReiRei21

I'm trying to lose a little bit of weight before I go to Anime Iowa next month..what I'm going to do is eat alot of steamed veggies and stay away from the junk food as much as I can. Granted, I'm going to get tired of veggies, but I want to look at least ok in my custome.
ReiRei21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 10:57 PM   #54
strawberrykitte
Justice will previal

Im trying to lose weight to get ready for my Gunner Yuna and Gunmage Yuna I want to feel skinny instead of fat in them
Italy- Hetalia
" Sing from your heart, no matter what the consequences, Love who you want and be who you wish to be, Live for you and all those around you, Share your love with the world."

strawberrykitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #55
ParaPara*Tsu
New Acct.- EmpressTORIA

Yeah, and the DDR and Colorguard work isn't helping me (has been gaining wieght with exercize)
ParaPara*Tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #56
WadeGabriel

IMO, losing weight is always a good thing (especially for health reasons) provided you don't go starve yourself to death at it. And I was once told that exercising increases your metabolism, so that you'll continue burning up energy at a faster rate as your body tries to rejuvenate, even after you've exercised.
WadeGabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:46 AM   #57
livvylove
.•° Loving Life °•.

Kinda, I got a commission and I gave her measurements that I had padded so incase I did gain a bit of weight it would still fit. Well I got the skirt back and she had also added an inch to the waist band from the measurement that I gave her and it still didn't fit So I have been trying to loose 2 inches from my waist. I know why I gained the weight but I am hoping to loose it the right way instead of going back on the medication I was on.

2011 Conventions
Momocon
SeishunCon
Dragon*Con
AWA
ATL Comic Con

Deviant ArtTwitterLivejournalMyspaceTumblr
livvylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #58
Yuka Kawai
Materia Hunter

I went on a diet earlier this year that involved counting calories (with a better diet of course) because I'm going to Japan next year and looking at all the idols and how skinny everyone is I got really self concious. ^_^; I ended up losing a good amount of weight (it turns out a pill I switched from to another one had a weight gain side effect too). I would have exercised but I had some kind of unexplainable problem at the time that was like anemia but didn't show up as anemia when I was tested for it...that's passed.

ANYWAY my point is that I didn't lose weight FOR cosplay, but I finally gained the confidence that I could cosplay something like Faye Valentine, which is something I've wanted to do for a while. Except now my plane leaves the day of Otakon so now I have to wait until next year. ^_^;
Yuka Kawai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #59
Dewprincess
Token RPG Princess Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by livvylove
Kinda, I got a commission and I gave her measurements that I had padded so incase I did gain a bit of weight it would still fit. Well I got the skirt back and she had also added an inch to the waist band from the measurement that I gave her and it still didn't fit So I have been trying to loose 2 inches from my waist. I know why I gained the weight but I am hoping to loose it the right way instead of going back on the medication I was on.
Medication....was it thyroid related, perchance? I was on that for a while and I have an appointment Tuesday to check my levels again, I'm almost positive I have to go back on it. It's a legit excuse for having higher weight than desired but I hope this helps to control it!
Aeris (FFVII) 100%; Aerith (KH) 100%; Princess Peach Toadstool (Super Mario Bros.) 95%; Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket) 20%; Yukino Miyazawa (Kare Kano) 30%; Zidane Tribal (FFIX) 35%; Princess Garnet (FFIX) still in planning stage
Dewprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 09:37 PM   #60
MissLauren
Revolutionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfcreate
I made a stunning discovery about exercising.... actually, Idiot that I am, I just forgot. I was 3 months into my weightlifting programme when one of my trainers reminded me that MUSCLE IS HEAVIER THAN FAT!!!!
I had gained 20lbs before I asked someone who knew.... Oh well... live and learn..... (stupid trainers....) j/k
TFC
that happened to me recently. i was all 'where the hell did i gain 10lbs from?!?!'

and then it dawned on me, that muscle weighs more then fat, and all was good again.
MissLauren is offline   Reply With Quote