Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 01-24-2003, 07:41 PM   #1
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

the effects of Final Fantasy Music

ever been playing Final Fantasy then a song comes on, its soo sad it makes YOU feel sad? Final Fantasy X did a good job of this.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-24-2003, 08:29 PM   #2
Celine
Remember me?

Well, I think Aeris's Theme from FF7 and Melodies of Life from FF9 are both amazing pieces of music... They don't necessarily make me sad, but they're just so beautiful and powerful. When I'm feeling sappy, I love listening to them. ^_^
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2003, 11:51 PM   #3
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

Forever Rachel from FFVI always makes me sad ;_;. It's amazing that it's just a different arrangement of Locke's theme, and that version is so light and happy!

Oh, and Fithos Lusec Wenos Vinosec (I bet I spelled something wrong in there XD) always freaks me out. SO creepy ^^;;.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 01:02 AM   #4
Vinya

NOBUO UEMATSU-SAMA IS A GOD!

Krhm, now that we got that out of the way... ^_^ Getting sad just because I hear a sad song in the game, yup, that happens to me a lot. I'm so connected with the musics, you see. ^_^ For instance To Zanarkand is one of these very emotional songs. So is the Hymn of the Fayth. It does sooth the soul. Maybe I'd be a good Yu Yevonist. ^_^ Also the "Sight of Spira" (in the game it's called Spira Unplugged) is a very soothing song. And Calm Before the Storm! I love listening to it. In FFIX there are too many to count; Dagger Cuts Her Hair, Goodbye to the Black Mages, An Unforgettable Face, Dissipating Sorrow, Terra, Bittersweet Romance... Uematsu-sama really has a way to touch one's heart with his music.
Vinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 02:30 AM   #5
DJ(SiC)ness
Kyo For President

yeah Aeris theme get me very emotional

...this is why i don't listen to my FF7 soundtrack in public on head phones.

i'm afriad i might break down lol

"why? why did she have to die????WHY!!!???"
DJ(SiC)ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 04:13 AM   #6
Dark Vision
Dark Mousy

The music composed are specially designed for an effect. Plus with association with characters make them memorable. Each is pretty unique and the concepts change with each game. Each has a mood, an atmosphere, and an idea.

I love FF music, and some will forever stay in my heart.
Dark Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 07:37 AM   #7
Sillabub
son of a submariner

Aeris's Theme is what made me cry during her death. Well...and the fact she had died ^^ (yes, I'm an Aeris fan and proud ^^) During FFX's sending, the Hymn of Fayth was very haunting, and it brings chills to my spine. To Zanarkand was a very beautiful, yet simple piece.

Forever Rachel and Epitaph are among two of my favorite FFVI songs. They're both wonderfully composed, and instruments used in the arranged version of Forever Rachel was awesome. I also love the Coin Song arrangement. ^^
Sillabub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 08:15 AM   #8
Zephyrs
I Am! A Man! Of The Sea!

FF5 has some very haunting pieces of music, the second overworld theme and the different themes played in flashbacks and cut scenes stand out here. and everytime I hear Dear Friends I get sad...
Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 10:47 AM   #9
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Wandering Flame from Final Fantasy X is a very sad song, its the song you hear after Sin kills all of those Crusaders (Operation Mi' Hen)
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 11:29 AM   #10
Sakura
Original Sakura

I recently wrote about this in my journal... ;-; oh yes trhe game music can make me so sad! The most recent sad tune is the one from Kingdom Hearts on the first menu screen. Aeris' theme is another that gets me sad. On the other hand, some of the themes really get me pumped up ^^
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 12:13 AM   #11
cutekawaii
Cos-BUSINESS

"one winged angel" orchestra version always gets me pumped >D Sephiroth is my master!!! *cough*

But yeah, "Hymn of the Fayth" is very beautiful. To bad it's so short. I like listening to "My Gagazet" too. I get a feeling of lonliness and desolation, of cold. I like it ^_^

I've always found "Breezy" from FF8 to bevery calming. I like listening to it with the windows open when the sun is out. And of COURSE "Eyes on Me" gives me that lovey dovey feeling. It's such a touching song, ne. The beginning of "Final Battle" is cool, too. Very evil.

And yes, the KH opening screen is something I like to listen to. After I beat the game and listened to the song and the sound of the waves.... whyyy??? ;_;
cutekawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 09:02 AM   #12
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Who didn't cry when Aeris died?

Anyhow, I have many fav FF tracks myself, can't think of them all right now..

"At Zankerland", "Devil's Lab", various battle themes, "One Winged Angel"...
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 09:04 AM   #13
haru
part time Assassin

ff music always GREAT!!!

i like all the main song!! ending song and the battle music too!!
haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 12:55 PM   #14
jade_dragon
/dance

the music is very beautiful and sad becuase it is so beautiful expect for the kingdom hearts soundtrack that is way cool.ff's songs are nice to listen to at first untill you see the fmv that goes with it or with sukie da ne find out the lyrics "BWAAAAA TIDUSSSSS NOOOOOO" etc etc
jade_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2003, 09:16 PM   #15
Yuna-X2
Stealth Nerd

Yeah, not only in FF too.... I did a project on the whole "Music affecting your movie watching experience" in english and music this year, it was really cool.
Yuna-X2 is offline   Reply With Quote