Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 08-05-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
BlueLady
slightly distracted

Where did you stay?

likely I should have done this 3 weeks ago, but here goes.

I was wondering where did everyone stay, and how was your hotel?

We always stay in the sheraton suites on 1st and A street ( about 10 blocks up)
the rooms are larger then the standard room ( we slept 8 comfortably one night) but taking those shuttles around kinda blows when you have costumes, portfolios and con stuffs. The price was decent too..140 a night

We are thinking of booking closer next year, but we dont know if it is worth it.

thanks in advanced

Unread 08-05-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Myself, my bro, and our friend Wilson (remember him from the volunteer-group for the masquerade for SDCC 2003, Blue Lady?) stayed at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, which was 2 blocks away past the Marriott once you left the convention center at Hall A. It was great, cos we got in earrrly on Thursday morning and our room was ready when we checked in, so we put all our stuff in the room before heading out to wait in line for pre-reg. That allowed us to stay there w/o having to go back around 3:00pm for normal check-in. The walk to/from the Hyatt to the con wasn't bad, about 4-5 mins. each way.

Best part was leaving on Sunday. The Hyatt is placed away from the con next to Seaport Village, and there's a signal light right outside, so you can make a LEFT-turn to get to the street and get to the highway, rather than making a right-turn only and get stuck in that horrendous traffic that surrounds the convention center.. Lucky!! So we probably will stay there next year again.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 03:16 AM   #3
ACXchan
I sink you now!

I stayed with a friend who cooked for us, and her friend made mochi. It was fun for all! The only difficult part was getting up early enough to snag good parking.
ACXchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2005, 06:29 PM   #4
nemisiscat
Vanity Angel

I stayed at Captain Jack's house. <3 x33
nemisiscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 02:36 AM   #5
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

I stayed...at my house ^______^ very convenient but trafficky because Mira Mesa to Downtown SD is usually 30 minutes but my friends and I had fun on the way to and from DT. Yeah, on the last day we walked around DT waiting for my friend's mom cuz y'all know the TRAFFIC was horrendous. Then we had a mini-party at my house cuz it's all done and we didn't have to deal with cons till next year.
♥◌°
Chibi Plush Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 10:17 AM   #6
Firestar

haha yeah see, i stayed at my house like chibi plush said. note about that... bad idea.
pssh, i mean you have a 5 hour drive in and get there a few minuets before it opens and it just happens that parking lots were filled for miles (luckaly we found an almost full lot about 10 miles away for $30.) not that good, but we'd take it.
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #7
Keiichi-san
Otaku since 1993

Thumbs up

We stayed at the Wyndham at Emerald Plaza and had a great time. We were able to check in and get our room as soon as we got to the hotel around 11:00AM and the view from our window was incredible (you can see a a picture of it in my gallery)! And for only $150/night, it was a steal. It was also probably the nicest looking (both inside and out) hotel I've ever stayed in.

The only downside was the 15-20 minute walk to and from the convention center.

-K1

"Nobody calls me a fizzle and gets away with it! Well, except for that one guy who called me a fizzle and then ran off. He got away with it. But most people who call me a fizzle don't get away with it! Well, actually, that guy who got away with it was the only one who ever called me a fizzle. After today, only half the people who ever called me a fizzle will have gotten away with it!" - Peter, Family Guy
Keiichi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #8
Dre
7-13 'By Your Side'

I stayed at home in Chula Vista. I took the trolley on down in costume! You should have seen the faces of the passengers ^_^

I wish I could've posted this earlier but I would not have minded roomies in case someone wanted free lodging! I just might do it in the east coast next year for those who are heading there for Otakon and such.

Last edited by Dre : 08-16-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2005, 12:45 AM   #9
Natchan
Dare to Live

I stayed at an Economy Inn in Yasidro, NEVER go there.... it was horrible. Mind you it could have been worse but it wasn't good at all. I would much rather reccomend the Motel 6 across the street.
Natchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2005, 09:01 PM   #10
BlueLady
slightly distracted

we did that once ( the chula vista trolly thing ) it was hilarious but inconvient as all hell
Unread 08-18-2005, 03:52 PM   #11
katchoo
Gaming Angel

we stayed at the holiday inn at the bay. It's an okay hotel. Much better organized this year.
katchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 12:54 PM   #12
Dre
7-13 'By Your Side'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLady
we did that once ( the chula vista trolly thing ) it was hilarious but inconvient as all hell
Have I got a story for you!

Last year, I had just finished roaming the con and was about to go an get a bite to eat with my father. Mind you, I was none other than the amazing pink titan that is Dan Hibiki (Street Fighter), so I had offered to change into my street clothes.

Instead, my father had an epiphany (which is usually at my expense) and decided to take me to Hooters WHILE in pink! To the least of my expectations, I was a riot that night! I stole ALL of the attention from the fat 40-year-old nerds who still live with their parents!

All that, got my mug gracing the 10th issue of Street Fighter (Published by Udon Comics)! and mad publicity from Capcom itself!

It pays off to strut in public once in a while!
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2005, 09:32 PM   #13
Gowa-chan
. . . is bored now.

. . . I stayed at my sister's apartment while down there . . . she cooks some really good food
Unread 11-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #14
Natchan
Dare to Live

Lucky you! I wish I had family down there the nearest family is in Rialto, not near close enough!
Natchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 02:06 PM   #15
*VoD*Shikamaru
My name sucks, I know.

I just basically, stayed at my friends, went, got a ride to Connecticon from his dad, then we left. I only could stay one day. =/ This year, im going to stay until I get tired, and then go home, and come back when I want to, because I dont think I can afford a hotel. -_-;;