Unread 08-06-2005, 10:35 AM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Sakura con 2006 March 24-26,2006

Anyone planning on attending Sakuracon 2006? Here's the info:

www.sakuracon.org

March 24-26, 2006
Washington State Convention & Trade Center

I plan to attend, and it'll be my 4th year in a row (5th year overall) I guess I'm used to the Hilton,Marriott, and convention center the last 3 years. But a new change in venue means a new look, new (and returning) cosplayers, and new pictures to be taken, so I look forward to the new convention center and the neighboring hotels.

Who else plans on attending?
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2005, 03:56 PM   #2
SakuraSessho
Sakura Yasha Sessho

Talking

I'm going to the Sakura-con next year! ^__^ me and my friends when last year too! I'll be cosplaying as Krad this time!

It's kind of funny, I saw you at the con last year, when you were taking a picture of that group of game characters in the hall...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/SakuraYasha/312975.jpg

See? In this pic they are looking over at us cause we were taking a picture of them! LOL ^__^
What a small world.... sadly, we didn't manage to get into any of your pictures in the 2005 con.... oh well, maybe next year! By the way, nice pics of the Jrockers and the AsiNsync dude. (as ginji and in black) They were our favorite peeps at the con!
Unread 08-10-2005, 07:24 PM   #3
kiwi
DATURA

I'll be there with bells on! (Perhaps literally First year I won't be staying at the hotel, though -- hard to justify it when the convention is only 5 blocks from my apartment! It's kind of sad that it won't be at the Hilton, because I have a feeling it'll become a "sleepy con" because the majority of the hotel rooms won't be directly connected to the con center and most people probably aren't going to run around downtown Seattle at 1 am in their PJs. The fact that it's going to be bigger -- with the likelihood that it's going to get even bigger and bigger in the coming years -- is pretty cool though ^_^
kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2005, 02:37 AM   #4
RainbowSheltie

To be honest with you, the hotels, all the hotels, aren't that far from the convention center. Just a walk thought the park, as it were, and you're there. Yeah, the maps on the official site make the hotels seem farther away then they really are.

I defintally be attending, considering I'm Assistant Director of Programming. I'm not sure what my costumes will be, but look forward to some awsome programming, Live and Video Theatre, Panels.... Bigger spaces and defintally more activities for all ages this time around.

Sakura-con 2007 - Assistant Director of Programming
Kumori con 2006 - Assistant Director of Programming
RainbowSheltie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2005, 02:30 PM   #5
Rose of Malice
filthy airship captain

I plan on being there! I've got another weekend pass and a hotel room this year, so I'm going to be doing everything I can...
Rose of Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2005, 02:13 AM   #6
kiwi
DATURA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSheltie
To be honest with you, the hotels, all the hotels, aren't that far from the convention center. Just a walk thought the park, as it were, and you're there. Yeah, the maps on the official site make the hotels seem farther away then they really are.
I know exactly where the hotels are -- this is my home turf ^^; (I know several of them are very close to the con and a couple others are decently close.) Regardless, though, people will be broken up a lot, especially when you take into account that there aren't enough rooms reserved for SC for all attendees so a lot of folks will end up even further away. If my friends get a room at the Grand Hyatt I might consider crashing for a night, but otherwise it's not worth the cash -- especially since the hotels won't even have closed circuit TV. If I can't go down a few flights of stairs in my pajamas and hit the con floor, then I'm probably not going to hit the con floor after midnight-ish.

Last edited by kiwi : 08-14-2005 at 02:25 AM.
kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
Sanzo Fangirl

I'll be going next year! I'm going to be cosplaying as Kazuki from GetBackers. My friends are tagging along as Akabane, Ban, and I think Ginji....Last year I was Fuu from Magic Knights Rayearth with the giant sword...I was walking around with my friends who went as Umi, Hikaru, Princess Emeraude, and Miroku.
Way #37 Extreme Constipation
Way #99 Molotov Cocktail
Way#101 Hood Ornament
Costumes:
Kazuki Fuchoin: planned
Sanzo Fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2005, 04:44 PM   #8
UviB
Common sense, you has it?

I am so going next year, and being the in the cosplay again Hotel's are not a problem, as I am going to be staying with a friend up on CapHill, although we might deside to rent a room just so we won't have to take the bus downtown in our costumes. I am so happy we are change locations, now we all can eat real food! (aka, no more Denny's!)

I am such a dork though, when I heard we were changing, I draged a bunch of my friends downtown just so we could find where all the hotel's were, which was closer, and we even went in to the center. It is so COOL, and BIG! and so many different places to take pictures! They have this one part that is all pants and so pretty... *fangirls over the center* only 7 more months!!
UviB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2005, 10:17 PM   #9
odango-mango

i'll be there as well! Already booked a room and I'm just planning out cosplays for next year. I can't wait
Unread 08-25-2005, 01:05 AM   #10
Lucrezea

I've been thinking lately about finally making the trip to Seattle for Sakura Con. I'm not too far, considering, being in Vancouver. Even a return bus ticket for a non-driver is barely $70. I think I will end up deciding for sure depending on how my credit card looks after our trip to Winnipeg next month. -_-; If all goes well, here goes a hotel booking!
Unread 08-28-2005, 04:53 AM   #11
zansatsu

i am planning on attending with my naruto group, so far im sasuke, we have a shino, naruto, some anbu, maybe gaara and kakshi, and some more hopefully, im new to cosplay.com
zansatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2005, 05:50 PM   #12
Ami
Grand Maester Mercury

Yes, Sakuracon 2006 is going to rock I can safely say that anyone attending this year will have a whole bunch of new items to enjoy with the bigger convention space and housing facilities so yes I will be there if you see Raven or the Raven wearing white, say hi cause thats me.....
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2005, 05:56 PM   #13
Barunesusa

I am SO going. I went last year, and omg, it was such a blast! I plan on entering music videos again (too many ideas!), and cosplaying and such. I'll be cosplaying as Ed, Miniskirt!Hawkeye, and Pride!Ed from FMA. Hope to see ya all there ^^
Barunesusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2005, 05:35 AM   #14
MilleniumStrife
Seattle Cosplayer

I'll definately be there, also as staff. =)

As far as costumes go, I'm hoping to do either Takuto Myers from Galaxy Angel or Roy Mustang from FMA. Hey, it's not everyday you find an anime character that shares your same first name, plus he's got a pretty high coolness factor. ^^

-MS

2009 Cosplays
Roy Mustang - Fullmetal Alchemist (5th Year running)
Hatsune Miku - Vocaloid
Shidou Mariya - Maria Holic
Kyon - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

Conventions
- Sakura-Con [I'm the Vice Chairman, I better be there o_o], Anime Expo, Kumoricon, Akicon
MilleniumStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #15
Blackjack Gabbi
Merely a Collector

I hope to go, but I haven't gotten my ticket yet because it sounds like it'll be awfully hectic.
Blackjack Gabbi is offline   Reply With Quote