Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-07-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
DarknessSummit
Like a Rock Star

Who are you when ur "not cosplaying"

wat kind of person are you, wat social group are u, what clothes do u wear, things like that

well for me, an average anime otaku whose into jrock and some jpop, dark fashioned clothing/anime clothing/japanese clothing person, i sometimes hang out with my closed circle of friends after school where we do nothing, or sometimes play a lil duengons and dragons, a large majority people know me as "jon wong" while my close friends call me just "jon", not very popular at my school, just thought of as awkward, although in other places, other schools im thought of as really attractive...i used to play yugioh, thinking about stopping at MTG, some DDR then and now...and some other random hobbies
Animeboston?
OTAKON

Upcoming costumes:
cursed seal 2 sakon
laguna loire?
amano itachi?
DarknessSummit is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2005, 09:56 AM   #2
Akutenshi
x.x

Well...

I've been out of HS for a couple of years, so I don't really belong to any "social groups". I'm actually sort of a loner. At first it wasn't by choice, but now I sort of like it.

I'm a bookworm, and a lot of my time is spent at my library. I'm also online almost all the time, or off playing video games in my living room (no arcades anywhere nearby, CURSE YOU NEW JERSEY!).

I'm a simplistic person who has the uncanny ability to become totally invisible in everything I do.
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:01 AM   #3
Saki_B
Lover of Leoplurodons ;)

God... When I'm not cosplaying... Which isn't very often XD

Let's see. Well, it's all subjective, the whole, what kind of person are you, since it's you answering, and not someone else, but I like to think I'm a pretty average person. I'm nice, I've got a lot of friends, I'm shy at first when meeting people, but once I get to know someone I get pretty damn hyper

Social group... I belonged to almost all of them, I had friends that were in all social groups, but I hung out with the nerds the most. But at our school, the nerds were kind of a mix of the nerds, the theater techies, the artists, the skaters, etc.

Clothes... I'm an eclectic person. Most of the time, I'm lazy because of cosplay, and I don't want to go through the effort of fancying myself up, so I'll wear a graphic tee and some jeans, but I like to spice it up with my customized chucks (I buy chucks, and I paint the white parts and change up the laces... my favorite, new pair are neon orange chucks, and the white parts are painted with black polka dots and neon green backing), and funky jewelry and accessories. My hair right now is short. Like, pixie cut short, but my bangs are long, longer on one side than the other (long bangs with an uneven part to the side), and dark red. For now XD

Hobbies... Well, right now there's a family crisis, so I'm back home taking care of things, but normally I'm at home, planning, researching, and drafting out my next cosplay, or planning my own cosplay event that occurs every November. Non-cosplay related, I like to go out with my girlfriend, go to video game parties with my friends, I love going to the movies, hitting the little shops on Thayer Street (Providence, RI's little artistic, eclectic street lined with quirky shops and cafes)... All sorts of stuff
Saki_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:06 AM   #4
ParaPara*Tsu
New Acct.- EmpressTORIA

I am Tsugaru, cosplay or not. I am in Color guard, I have a fashion of my own. I am a DDR freak, and I hate being sterotyped. Even if it is as an Anime Freak.

I am myself, and I have no regrets in that!
ParaPara*Tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:10 AM   #5
Mako-san
Press A! Press A!

hmm not sure if i want to respond to this but I will..don't like people knowing to much about me ^_^ hehe
I'm out of HS also, a college grad with a BS in Comm studies. Currently working two jobs, single,no kids. Loves books and reading. Have close friends. Likes to sit at home and watch movies or read books. A nerd at heart! Specialty in cooking are spagetti, beef stew and chicken pastry. I like to play Tennis but I suck at it. Gosh sound like a personal ad.....

on a side note, notice when you get out of school, HS or College, that there are no social groups!!! well unless you count upper class and middle class... hmm just a observation.
Mako-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #6
Kaeia
Athos' Queen

well i've been out of school since may 2004 but in high school i was alotta things: anime geek, MMORPG psycho, chorus nerd, and social butterfly. i had a small group of actual friends but i always had tons of acquaintances. funny part is, i'm really shy until you get me talkin then i won't shut up. my style is very eclectic so i can't really be "labeled" but most days i'm just a slave to AMC (my job).
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:30 AM   #7
Elemental
I do that photo thing...

Hrm, that's really an odd question...

I'm almost always cosplaying, since it's my major hobby. If I'm not working on a costume, I'm probably asleep, eating, or at work.

I do have a life outside cosplaying, though. I'm a fan of movies, I edit music videos/AMVs, I cook and am part of a dance troupe. I read anything i can get my hands on, and I help run two different newsletters and organize cosplay gatherings in my spare time. (Ok, more cosplay there )

As for socially? I'm out of school now, and most social cliquing just disappears. I have a very large circle of friends, of which I have every sterotype in the book.

Overall, I'm a pretty upbeat, happily social person. Since I work almost daily, I tend to wear black slacks, a dark shirt, and a black button up shirt over that. Though I admit my wardrobe doesn't change much when I'm not working, so.... :P

It'll be interesting to see the results here.
Elemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:32 AM   #8
WadeGabriel

Last edited by WadeGabriel : 10-13-2005 at 11:18 AM.
WadeGabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:34 AM   #9
jamckon
Charleston, WV Cosplayer

Computer and Electrical Engineering major at West Virginia University.
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #10
misato is hot
the reference book

im one of your highclass streamlined dorks if im not cosplaying im watching anime/tv or playing videogames

...when you put it in writing it becomes aparent that i dont do much
misato is hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 11:02 AM   #11
MrRebel
Ocelot

Im kind of an Odd person outside of Cosplay.. Becouse i Fit into 2 catagories which are pretty diffrent...

On one side of the tracks im your average Long Haired metal head/J-rock/ Classic rock'aholic and can talk about music for hours at a time... People easily can see me jamming on a diffrent instrument at any time (drums, piano, bass, guitar, vocals... everything)

Then the other side of the tracks.... Im your typical Artsy, essentric Drama Club Wierdo person.... While I have an extremly strong love for music, i have an easily strong love for The cinema and theater.....Once agian, Becouse im a kinda random person im always usually in a segment on my own, alone on stage which is kinda cool and freaky at times....

So with that being said I kinda have 2 pretty diffrent sets of friends... My drama buds and my metal heads.... Then i kinda have a race of my own... Metal head drama wierdo kid who sits in the back of the room and makes people laugh........ Yeaaaaaa
Unread 08-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #12
Firu
Nintendo Fanboy

As far as social groups I go all around. I used to hang out with skaters. I still hang out with some "emo" kids. A few of my friends are in bands so whenever they have a gig I attend, and theres usually either an "emo" or punk crowd there. I also hang out with a lot of gamers and stuff.

I pretty much have two groups of friends. If we are talking social politics my non-gamer group would be higher up on the scale. These people are pretty much my best friends even though we have very little in common. My gamer group consists of people from different backgrounds but we all like anime, games, jrock, cosplay, Gundams, etc.
Overall I get along with everyone who isn't stuck up or an idiot. I got friends from preps and jocks down to Yu-gi-oh players and loners.
Unread 08-07-2005, 11:56 AM   #13
Blackrose666

Hehe... Out of cosplay... I'm insane XD I have a small group of close friends, enjoy hangin' out with my family n stuff. My sister and two cousins are in a band with me. That's probably one of my favourite things about my life.^^

I dress... in a way that stands out, lol. Long skirts, really baggy pants, multi-coloured shirts in crazy fashions, Either really dark or REALLY vibrant.

My frineds say I'm a very weird, hyper funny person But when I'm calm I seem much more mature than most my age (am 13) And as for the sort of "group" I'm in?...None really! My friends all have very different personalities. Keeps everything interesting.

...and thats it!

Last edited by Blackrose666 : 08-07-2005 at 11:59 AM.
Blackrose666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 12:03 PM   #14
Donfoxy
Is restarting her gallery

When I'm not cosplaying I'm drawing and go everywhere with my friends wearing black furry fox ears and a white tail..we are more of a "Label Us" type of group you can call us whatever the heck you want. And we really dislike poser. So yeah outside of cosplaying I'm just laid back my friends would say I am cute and always happy. Since I am still in high school I go by many things "that chick with the skull bag" "that chick that got her hair set on fire" "Rebel girl" and my personal favorite "Do you cast spells and stuff?"
Donfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #15
Etsu
Jen-of-All-Trades

I like to think of myself as a bit of an anomaly b/c it's like I've got multiple personalities going.

There's the nerd side of me who likes working in lab and competing in math and science contests, wears normal clothes (though I have a tendency to shop in the boys' section), watches anime, plays video games, and never goes out. This is the shy me that most of the world sees.

There's my artsy side; the part of me that is the English major. Some of my friends don't understand how I can read Faulkner, Shakespeare, and Romantic poetry for fun. This part of me likes to write poetry and fiction, learn languages, play the piano, draw, and occasionally act. I love the theatre community at my residential college.

Finally, there's crazy Jen. This is my inner J-rocker and freestyle motocross fantatic. She occasionally comes out in some crazy outfits I have, like my vinyl jacket. This is my dark side b/c I like to explore what is considered taboo and mysterious, like the relative nature of evil and witchcraft. I like to act as "one of the guys," even though sometimes I'll shock them by doing something totally unexpected.

Speaking of friends, I used to be loner because I never fit into any of the high school cliques. My university is full of nerds, and my group of friends probably take the cake from being the weirdest. Most of us are also big theatre geeks.
original writing and art
blog about Japanese culture

Last edited by Etsu : 05-02-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Etsu is offline   Reply With Quote