Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #31
MissLauren
Revolutionist

when im not cosplaying im pretty normal. i tend to dress in juicy, ralph lauren..stuff my store sells (sometimes, im more of a "high end" clothing type of girl.) i was pretty popular in highschool, but usually i tend to keep to myself. im pretty silent, and that usually comes off as being a snob, or so some say. o_O; its not that..i just dont like to really talk alot. ^_^;

most of the time im at work, school, or with my friends. yep yep.
MissLauren is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2005, 10:58 PM   #32
CelestialAurora
Midgar Flower Girl

when i'm not cosplaying i'm still thinking about anime 24/7. it's a damn addiction! XD i'm pretty calm and quiet when i'm at school. people think i'm really shy but i'm completely the opposite. and they seem to think i'm really cute. ^^ i love being the center of attention and performing on stage and stuff. i'm kind of a drama geek too. like i participate in plays and stuff like that. i hang out with all of my friends who are into anime also. i don't really talk to other people at school that are in the same grade as me. but i do have a couple of friends that are in the same grade but not really close friends. well, when i'm around my anime friends, i get really hyper and loud. i just have so much fun with them. ^^ with clothes, i like wearing the latest fashions. but i don't like to spend a whole bunch of money on designer clothes. and if i had it my way, my entire closet would be all dark and gothic. but my parents don't really like me wearing those kind of clothes. so i just have a couple of black shirts and sort of GL looking skirts and the rest is all those latest fashions.
CelestialAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 11:13 PM   #33
EverEvolvingGrl
The Muscles from Brussels

I'm a college freshman, with a lip ring, nose ring and 6 gauge ears, I'm a gothic/punk and I'm into baking, writing, seeing indie films, going to little bars/resturants with friends and hanging out and buying vintage clothing. Oh! And I'm a vegetarian NOT a vegan.

"If I had known I was destined for a premature demise.... I would have eaten more butter."
EverEvolvingGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 11:22 PM   #34
Flicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialAurora
when i'm not cosplaying i'm still thinking about anime 24/7. it's a damn addiction! XD i'm pretty calm and quiet when i'm at school. people think i'm really shy but i'm completely the opposite. and they seem to think i'm really cute. ^^ i love being the center of attention and performing on stage and stuff. i'm kind of a drama geek too. like i participate in plays and stuff like that. i hang out with all of my friends who are into anime also. i don't really talk to other people at school that are in the same grade as me. but i do have a couple of friends that are in the same grade but not really close friends. well, when i'm around my anime friends, i get really hyper and loud. i just have so much fun with them. ^^ with clothes, i like wearing the latest fashions. but i don't like to spend a whole bunch of money on designer clothes. and if i had it my way, my entire closet would be all dark and gothic. but my parents don't really like me wearing those kind of clothes. so i just have a couple of black shirts and sort of GL looking skirts and the rest is all those latest fashions.
Drama geek! I love ya. I used to be a drama geek but them when I started college I just didn't have the time. Still a drama girl at heart though, perhaps that's a big part of my getting into cosplay.

You sound so much like a younger version of me it's almost scary.

Last edited by Flicker : 08-07-2005 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Flicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 11:57 PM   #35
MadCadaver
Model, designer, artist.

I eat alone - I hate cafeterias. Though I'm choosing to isolate myself, I'm still lonely. I wish someone would come sit with me. I hate it when people tell me I "should just go" do this or that. If it were really that easy, idiot, I'd have done it by now - Don't you think? I have pictures of Mana, Kyo, and the entrance to Yellow House (Harajuku) in my locker. For Spirit Week's theme day, I came to school as a goth alien aristocrat. People were frightened, but still liked it. I'm not shy, and I'm not anti-social. I'm just unfriendly. I hate to sleep - there's so much more I could be doing, you know? So I stay up late a lot. On weekends, to almost four in the morning, and weekdays, when school's in, to about eleven.

...I don't watch anime anymore. I barely watch television; just Adult Swim. I'm more into J Rock, and fashion now. Yamanba frighten me. But Kyo does not - I adore him.

I also went to England a few months ago, and miss it quite a lot, especially Camden. I was exposed to so many styles of goth and punk, and cyber punks, and oh yeah - emo. A lot of emo. I came across this store called Sai-Sai, which sold gothic, regular, and (mostly) punk lolita clothes, and I was so thrilled - I made a new friend, as well, so it's not impossible for me, especially if we share the same interests. I hate having to explain to people about cosplay and J Rock repeatedly - and that Dir en Grey is not "devil music." *sigh* I listen to more Japanese music than American music.

I'm online 24/7, unless my messenger signs me off. My computer is my primary source of communication. I hate telephones.

I just got distracted, sorry. And I can't think of what else to say... Well, me in a nutshell? All of this determines my clothing style, as you may have guessed. Social classification pisses me off. So do "How to be a goth/punk" tutorials. I wouldn't call myself either. But I definitely know what's what. I like black, and I even wear it in the summer - So what? I wear what I want. It goes with everything. And red is my first favorite color. I can't stand the sight of blood, though.

I also like to talk about myself.

Poet, artist, capricorn.

Last edited by MadCadaver : 08-08-2005 at 12:00 AM.
MadCadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 12:11 AM   #36
Cat-Chans
Glaceon, I choose you!

Um...
I'm a Jounior in College majoring in graphic design. So...naturaly I spend a lot of time drawing, painting, illustraiting...anything artistic. Most of my friends come from either CRU (capus crusade for christ) or the school's anime club. Thursday nights are very busy for me D:

I JUST (like, yesterday) moved into my first apartment and will be looking for some part time work here in the next day or so (wish me luck (: )
I'm usualy a shy person, although since I've been at school I've become more outgoing. I like to talk...a lot.

As for my "style" I like bright colors...lots of them. I wear a lot of graphic tees, mainly from the little boy section. I have a nice collection of rubber bracelets, as well as crazy shoes.
Cat-Chans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 12:30 AM   #37
OoTLink
Hero in disguise!

Brita_Lee: Aint it true Aquarius people are whacky? I should know this better! The only thing is, I looove January anyway because it's nice and cold then xD

Uhh.. it should be said that because I run a webserver, irc server, and alladat -- my comp is always on, thus my messengers Sooo yeah.. some people get this idea that I have nothing to do, which is sad because it's far from the truthXD

I find PLENTY to keep myself busy! And that's a good thing....

Congrats on the apartment, cat-chan
OoTLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #38
CasualVillain
Life is no Cabaret

Outside of cosplaying I am known as an artsy type of person or mostly known as "The Goth Girl." Doesn't really bother me much, cuz it's true. Goth music (and i'm not talking about Marilyn Manson. Why do people think his music is goth?) is most of the music I listen to. I also wear a lot of black and dye my hair weird colors. But i'm not the stereotypical goth. I have a lot of friends from different groups and i'm pretty open.

"I'd rather be the Casual Villain than be a Generic Hero."
CasualVillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 02:26 AM   #39
End Lifeking
Some Guy of G.n.F

Im just another otaku that usually hangs out with close friends(who happen to be otaku themselves), am often told I am the most "out there" one out of the group. Main reason is because out of all of them cosplaying is what Im usually thinking about 24/7, Im out of HS and in college. Never really belonged to a social group, just sat there and watched them all(just like watching day time television). Clothing...just stuff thats comfortable...I don't go for designer labels or anything like that. Just give me some pants and a t-shirt and I'll be fine....I guess that's really all, like I say to everyone...anything else that is wanted to be known, then just ask.

"G.n.F is our way of life." -G.n.F founders

2008 Cons:
Katsucon- Mission... G.n.F pwn'd!
Animazement-
???
Anime USA-
End Lifeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 03:18 AM   #40
Tenchan
Puppy

Short answer: I am me.

Long answer: Live with my fiancee, have few, but really close friends, am a gamer, an RPer, dropped out of university (my own fault for chosing the allegedly hardest university for my subject in germany, blah) and a daydreamer. I hate people but like persons, could never live without music and am deeply disappointed in the current book market.
I don't like clothes, but if I have to dress, I like it tight yet comfortable, and in dark, calm colours. That, or robes. Nothing is a comfortable as a robe. Dresses and skirts are okay too.
Tenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #41
Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchan
Short answer: I am me.

I absolutely adore that answer, and with Tenchan's blessing, I'd like to elaborate on my own self using it...

Outside of cosplay, I am doing everything that will make an actual difference in my life. I'm married, I'm finishing a communications degree, I work at a video game shop, I take care of my family, I pay what bills I have and I ration out my money as needed. The important things in life. My group of friends runs the gamut as far as ethnicities, so we're all really diverse, and although we all go to cons together, we do different things, but end up all together at the end of it all.

I'm also a wrestling fan, and a wrestler. The course of which set the standard for everything I've done up to this point, since I discovered myself later in life, at the beginning of college, where strangely enough, my wrestling career began. I wear what's comfortable to me, and I listen to the things I like. I just like do my own thing, really...

So to reiterate: I am me...
Unread 08-08-2005, 04:50 PM   #42
phaedrus

Only by night...

I am a mild-mannered reporter for a major metropolitan newspaper.

"It is clear your cat is a skilled marksman, but how is he with a sword?"
"You will find out soon enough, old man."
"Your master was a fool, you know. You will surely lose."
"Perhaps you are right, but he would never have brought a knife-cat to a gun-cat-fight."
phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 07:18 PM   #43
HybridTwist
Here to help

Well, when I'm not cosplaying.....

...I'm your regular college student trying to get through school. When I'm not in school, I'm setting up computer networks for small companies (well, almost, I have a week before I set everything straight with the Nexus company). And when I'm not doing any of those boring things, I hanging out with my friends. You can't really categorize my group of friends that I hang out with regularly. Most of them are otaku, while some are import car freaks, and others are musicians. My circle of friends are pretty diverse.

If you need help on props, PM me and I'll try to help you.
HybridTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 11:32 PM   #44
PrettyKittyMulu
UNDERSEA LOLCANOES?!

Well..I'm going into my junior year in high school. I don't have a job, because Jo Ann Fabrics hasn't gotten back to me about one. I'm actually really shy, I can't talk to people I don't know on the phone. I can barely talk to people I DO know on the phone. I'm nocturnal for the most part. I love to read. My friends are all..strange is the best word I can think of. Lots of Harry Potter nerds, anime fans, band geeks, and a lot that I just don't know how to describe. I'd like to dye my hair blue for tennis season, but I doubt my dad would let me. I play on my school's JV team, but I want to quit because I hate the coaches. If they screw me over like last year (when they put me in the last spot, I could beat my partner [who also happened to be my best friend on the team but hey] so badly it wasn't funny), I'm allowed to quit. I play guitar, piano, and several other instruments. I argue with my dad a lot. I don't have a boyfriend. I'm smart. I like science. And English, and foreign language. I want to be trilingual, I'm working on learning Spanish. I wear whatever I feel like wearing. Usually jeans and a t-shirt. I love hair, I always play with my friends' hair. The mall is my home in the summer time..actually, it is any other time, too. I sit in the bookstore and read a lot. I like going to the movies, but I'm picky about what I see, so I don't go too often. I take a class in school where we make films, and I love it. It's my favorite class. My friends and I won an award at the school film festival this year. I love cats. I love just driving around with my friends, but that doesn't happen too often because my dad is overprotective. :P I don't get along with my parents all the time, but I still hate lying to them. I tend to ramble a lot. That should be obvious with the length of this. ^^;

Oh, and I adore going to camp. I'm going to be a counsellor next year at the YMCA camp I go to.

cosspace

2011: Zenkaikon, CPAC, Animazement, AnimeNEXT, Otakon, New York Comic Con, AnimeUSA
2012: MangaNEXT, plus all of the above (hopefully)
Current cosplays: Chun Li [Street Fighter] (red alternate); Wonder Woman; Mio [K-ON!] (Don't Say Lazy dress)
Planned: Taokaka [Blazblue]; Soranik Natu [Green Lantern comics]
PrettyKittyMulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 11:38 PM   #45
sackerhale

Im fairly normal, if you count haveing 20 to 30 prop weapons in my car at all times. When im not cosplaying, Im making props and weapons for a roleplaying group. Or im scheming my next outfit.