Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-09-2005, 01:15 AM   #46
engrish

I'm just a regular Joe who wears khaki pants and a collared shirt. I don't watch TV but I do spend a fair amount of time on the net, reading articles and forums on topics that can range anywhere between:

Linux
Kardashev Level 1 Civilizations,
peak oil,
commodity futures trading,
and a whole bunch of other stuff that has nothing to do with anime

I do NOT decorate anything I own with anime-ish things. No wall scrolls hanging in my bedroom, no Belldandy key chain, no Rurouni Kenshin sticker on the side of my car, ect...

When I'm at my local anime con, I'm known for my crossplaying antics amongst a small circle of people but outside of that I blend right in with 99% of the general public.

Unread 08-09-2005, 01:37 AM   #47
Daft
aka: Metronome

Out of cosplay.. --

I'm Daft. I like Mystery Science Theater 3000 and regularly use references from it. I play World of Warcraft. I'm a shy girl, who is unemployed, and rarely goes outside. I'm too shy to even ride my bike up to the local community center to check out the anime club there.

I own little to no anime DVDs, next to no manga[I do, however, have a small collection of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics], and the only thing on my wall is white paint.

..of course, then i go to anime conventions and I'm a total dork.
Daft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2005, 02:11 AM   #48
Angel Tifa
Survivor of Horror 4-ever

Me, I'm just a regular, every-day anime fan , college girl, part-time employee, and a video gamer. More than anything, I'm just a dedicated anime lover who love's to wear gothic/punk clothes to normal clothes. I'm also a super anime collector(collecting since 1997).

The kind of clothes I wear are always form-fitting to tighter clothes. I never wear bright cloths, mostly, red, black, and pink(but only with black).

2008 Cosplay list:
Ada Wong/Resident Evil 2 Completed
Heather Mason/Silent Hill 3 Completed

I claim -Tifa Lockhart/Final Fantasy VII- at the claiming thread
Angel Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2005, 02:13 AM   #49
BebopChick
Lady Phreya

Hmmm outta cosplay

I am in my second year of College, am super geeky you can say play a lot of video games mostly MMORPG's specifically EverQuest ^^. Studying graphic design as my major. . usually someone who hangs out by myself the loner type you can say. I tend to wear anything and everything black. . no real other colors unless you cosider grey a color. Guess i would consider myself the total opposite of a girly girl. I love hockey and ummm I like listening to rock music.
BebopChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2005, 03:06 AM   #50
xinababo
Enjoy your spaghetti.

I'm a fobby kind of person usually. Back when I used to be wayyyyyyy into nothing but anime and manga, I'd want to wear anime t-shirts or anything anime related on my clothing. I'd also cover my binder with anime pics.

Now...if an anime fan saw me, they'd never know I was an into anime stuff...The way I dress is more like old school Korean fob? Haha, but I tend to not care if I match or not. I hate wearing revealing clothes. Mostly, I want to dress in a cute/modest way

As for anime and games, I've stopped playing games for a loooooooooooooong time and the only anime show I watch is Yakitate!! Japan.

My personality..hm...I never belonged in one group. Not even an anime fan group. Never an azn, preppy, gothic, ghetto, nerd, or any kind of group. It was more of a mixture...I'm still not part of any group today and high school is over, but I do have friends from each category....is that bad? =T so the whole "anime life" is slipping away from me and I'm beginning to just not really care about anything...blahhh i'm not emo! I'm just an annoying Korean girl....haha..? Well, I just want to do art and..become more motivated. That's about it. Otherwise, DATING SUCKS AND SO DOES YOUR FACE!

kidding ;P

Last edited by xinababo : 08-09-2005 at 03:09 AM.
xinababo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2005, 05:37 AM   #51
gogoedward

Out of cosplay I am the msot random person ever. I change topics more than Kimiko chanegs outfits, and waaaaaaaay more than Ash interferes with random people's issues.

I certainly don't fall into any specific category like nerd, jock, etc. etc. I have my nerdy moments definately. And I have my ghetto moments too, and I have my rocker or whatever moments, my artsy moments, my jocky moments, my smarty moments. And even my wardrobe refelcts this. Its so funny to see how people respond to me sometimes. Sometimes I'll be wearing all black with some red and some spiky accesories and people avoid me for the most part except the hot topic frequent shoppers. The next day I'll have a full pink and green outfit from Hollister and itll go totally the other way. It helps tho, being able to hang with most groups of people easily.

I'm like a katamari, a big smush of everything rolled into a big ball with the inevitabl eoutcome of becoming a star (yes I shalls be the famous on day)
Unread 08-09-2005, 07:17 PM   #52
an_cafe
$ocial riot Machine

me i dress kinda decora ish XD but ususally dress like a jrocker

im part of the weird rocker groups XD there fun
an_cafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2005, 07:24 PM   #53
Darth Vader
Banned

What a silly question. Why I'm no different when I'm in costume then when I'm out. I'm still me, no matter how elaborate the "mask" of my costume may be.
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #54
Dokudel
Doky Doky

I graduated from highschool either going into a video game college or going into acting/modeling school. I've been applying at various jobs to get some money. I love to hang out with my boyfriend and go shopping or traveling to various places. That's what I do not cosplaying/ going to convetions.

Interested in a costume? Message me for commissions!
~*Conventions for 2013*~
MAGFest, Setsucon, Katsucon, SpringFEST NY, Castle Point Anime, D.C. Sakura Matsuri, N.Y.C. Sakura Matsuri, Steam Punk Worlds Fair, Animazement, Otakon, AAC, AnimeUSA, and TAKII.
Dokudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2005, 11:43 PM   #55
JonnyStarwind
Your Neighborhood Outlaw

Outside of cosplaying, well, you wouldn't think I would cosplay.
I am PFC Jonathan Gross in the United States Army during my working life.
During my off-time, I'm simply Jonny, your average 20-yr. old bachelor.
I am an anime fan as well as a DDR fanatic.
Unread 08-10-2005, 02:27 AM   #56
OoTLink
Hero in disguise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader
What a silly question. Why I'm no different when I'm in costume then when I'm out. I'm still me, no matter how elaborate the "mask" of my costume may be.
Isn't everyone? I think we're just describing ourselves other than that we like cosplaying
OoTLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 03:17 AM   #57
daoutlaw
Emergency! Dekaranger!

Out of cosplay :

an otaku who is athletic and big fan of football *Go San Diego Chargers!*. Also idiotic and funny, or least try to be. I wear whatever the hell I want. I love hanging around with my friends. One of my prized posession is my snowboard which features Gundam Shenlong design *they dont make this model anymore*. Oh and I love snowboarding.
Unread 08-10-2005, 04:23 AM   #58
fokushii
3:0!

As we don't believe in social groups in Finland (at least we say so) I can't really categorize myself. If you'd like to take a shot, feel free to do so.

Outside of cosplay I'm your typical Leo, always seeking for attention in one way or another. (Except that I don't really mean to do it, it just happens. I am a damn show-off and sometimes I wish I could do something about it. Eh.) I dress in red, white and black, wear flashy/tacky neckties and my hair colour changes every month or so. Coloured contacts are my friends. And hats. Oh, how I love silly hats!

Personality-wise I'm pretty outgoing, yet too cynical to make hoardes of new friends. I can do inane chit-chat any time of the day with just about anyone but when it comes to real conversation I'm picky about who it is with. Which means I pretty much spend my time chit-chatting. Joy.

I write and I consider myself good at it. I also love acting and would do it more often if I wasn't too lazy to find a drama group to join. Theatre, movies and literature rock my world. Which can only lead to the conclusion that I am an aesthete.

I love people. Not as a general species (a big deal of the humankind should go and jump into a lake. And drown.) but certain individuals make my life worth living. There is no general type I prefer, sometimes a new person just radiates something that catches my attention and I end up getting addicted. This, sadly, leads to the fact that I can also get bored of people pretty fast. If they aren't as interesting as they first seemed, that is.

My taste in music goes towards older rock. Aerosmith is my all time favourite and I adore Steve Tyler as a song-writer, singer and a performer. I do, however, listen to just about anything from J-rock to Blackmore's Night (in love with Candice Night's voice since 2003). As I am a rather verbal person, music with witty lyrics is bound to have my love.

I speak English like the Brits do.

That, and I love to talk about myself.
fokushii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 04:50 AM   #59
MemoriesofYuna
The Lonely Princess

hahahaha my secret identety. Im... uhhh....
Well im a 15 year old Drama nerd. My cloathing style is pretty laid back. Sporty but elegent. I find myself wearing alot of baby doll shirts from hot topic and big billowey skirts from forever 21. Flip flops and etnies. Ive started making my own cloths. blaugh blaugh nothing special.

I don't have a category. I'm strange to begin with but even stranger because I just don't have a slot. Being the president of the schools anime club that somewhat insures that I am the queen of the nerds but I get allong with almost everyone so i'm a fairly popular drama nerd. If that makes sence. My music is all nerd stuff and Theatre soundtracks. Im wierd. As a mormon sophmore in high school I find it really amusing that I almost never leave the house. Im so tired from school(i go to 5 and i get home from Performing arts school and dance class at about 6 after waking up at 5 for bible class.) That I just totally gave up my social life. A day (during the school year not during the summer when im a bum XD) in my life is im up at 5, at bible class by 6, school by 7:30, Theatre school at 2, dance or extra acting or more church at 5, home at about 6:30 ish, Kick back and computer, sew and shower, sleep at no later then 10 to do it all agian. That's all XD. Im not interesting im sorry. -Aseret Yuna
Unread 08-10-2005, 08:56 AM   #60
cold kittn
Your own personal stalker

Well....I would have to say I'm just plain old whacked out Cathy....lol. I go to metal and hardcore shows when I have the money. I work as a cashier at an off airport parking facility....I watch adult swim on saturdays cause during the week by that time I'm asleep...lol. I'm online almost all the time...even when I'm at work...like right now...lol. I am a huge music otaku...I love it....It's my life and my future career. I plan on going back to school for audio engineering next fall....and that's about it...
cold kittn is offline   Reply With Quote