Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-10-2005, 08:09 AM   #61
ilumiari
What is "Shower?"

Hehehe... about who I am?

I'm 17... That tells alot about me, I guess. At high school I was in the "geek" group, which was a bad thing in yrs 7-9 and a good thing in yrs 10-12. I have two completely seperate personalities, so seperate it is FREAKY!!! My seperate personalities have seperate friendship groups! One of my personalities (I refer to it by the name my parents gave me) is really laidback and lazy. She enjoys nothing better then to curl up in a warm area with a book. She doesnt like cosplay, and if she happens to be occupying my body at the moment I can NOT do anywork on a costume, it'll screw up. She prefers cooking. Then there is Ilumiari, the cosplayer. She is alot more outgoing, and has way more friends then the other me. (yes, its wierd, but my friends notice differences in me too.) Ilumiari forced the other half of me to be vegetarian. Its very interesting to have 2 different "people" stuck in one body... If Ilumiari was a seperate person to me, we wouldn't get on...

Unread 08-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #62
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

I'm your typical young adult that's been through some of the rougher patches of life. I know what it's like to be flat broke and unemployed. I've been burned in romance. I know what it's like to be depressed with no end in sight.

I hang out with fellow nerds and find myself to be the unwitting role model to people younger than me. The latter keeps me from doing anything stupid.

The majority of my wardrobe is black, even though my favorite color is purple.

My anime and manga collection is slowly growing. I have an Inu-Yasha shrine at work along with Disney souvenirs and a poster that says "Motivation: If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very easy job. One robots will be doing soon."

I like video games, martial arts, M:tG, and sneaking in a meal at a local Italian restaurant whenever I can. I also participate in online fantasy wrestling, which is where I got my nickname and how I met my husband. I have way too many stuffed animals. And I'm way too into politics, thanks to my dad's influence.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 01:55 PM   #63
Hypertexed

Out of the cosplay scene, I play videogames like crazy and hangout with my friends at any random arcade we decide to go to. I use to blade alot but now I do every so often,
I also like to go to random raves and jungle parties. My closet includes a bunch of cyber-esk/cyber goth clothing. Iam majoring in aeronautics and going to Makarion Institute of Aeronautics,And I work at a crappy amusement park called pharaohs lost kingdom to pay off the fee's from my school.
Unread 08-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #64
Chiri
blahblahblah

When I am not cosplaying..... I am a workaholic at the local movie theater I slave at, I am a nervous wreck because college is starting soon, I am a hyperactive otaku because Otakon is in 8 days (...), and I love to wear dark clothing and be friendly. Lol... ok that was weird.
Chiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2005, 12:42 PM   #65
pssailormoon
Moonlight Princess

When I'm not cosplaying, I'm an average girl I guess. I'm a college student, I'm thinking of majoring in Art Education, and I study Japanese. I love Star Trek and Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and other stuff like that. My favorite band is Metallica, and my favorite solo artist is Ayumi Hamasaki. My dad always teases me for my mixing J-Pop with metal. >.>;; But those are my favorite genres.

Anyways, I'm a waitress at the Outback Steakhouse. I collect Sailor Moon stuff like mad. I tend to wear clothing that is somewhat fashionable, but really I wear whatever I feel comfortable in and think is cute. A majority of my wardrobe is pink, cause I'm just way girlie like that. My car has an Eternal Sailor Moon dangling from the rearview mirror, and a Link thingie dangling in my drivers side back window. I have have 5 cats. Well, two are mine, 3 are my moms, but we all live together... >.>;;

Anyways, I think that covers it for now!

For progress and such,
visit my Live Journal.
pssailormoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 04:39 AM   #66
black shinigami

wat kind of person are you:- Overall I think I'm a very nice person and friend. I like to listen about other people's downfalls and whatever anger they need to let out, it's usually let out on me. I rarely get offended with anything and those who don't know me will think "Asian shy geek" but I talk so much and so loud that it's not funny. Also I'm not really smart and I'm struggling at school too.

wat social group are u:- We don't exactly have social groups like most schools do (ie, gangsters, asians, anime ppl, etc). No one really hangs out in groups of 50 and such. I'm known to be friends with a bunch of jerks. (yes, people often ask me "How can you be friends with these rejects?? They're so mean!!")

what clothes do u wear:- Clothing is a form of self expression so i wear whatever I feel like when I feel like. I don't really care if people stare at me. I get most of my clothing from Asian fob shops coz I like that look but they vary. At times I'll dress like a normal Aussie or fob, other times it'd be a bunch of different coloured clothes chucked together or a very stylish and classy way of dressing. Then I have the down right cute and poppy type clothes or the random lolita jacket and skirt will be chucked on.

Things: - I like Jay Chou ='3
black shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 09:36 AM   #67
Firestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessSummit
wat kind of person are you, wat social group are u, what clothes do u wear, things like that
haha. i like this topic. i dont know really how to anwser the first questions.

what kinda person are you;; the kinda person i am is just what you see basically. i dont know how to describe how i am. or even what kinda question that is.

what kinda social group are you in;; haha i really dont know how to describe that. i talk to alot of different people really. the people i associate myself with online are alot different than the kinda people i know in person. i guess its more cause all the people here are the chicks that wear hollister and cheerlead and shit. (i swear, the first things out of my principals mouth at orientation night was, "were big on cheering and cheerleading. lets actually do a cheer right now") so yeah. those are usually the people i stay away from, yet when your in a city full of them, its hard to not make friends with them =/ but yeah. so then online, all the people i try to talk to, i like to have alot in common with, since i just cant get that where im living now. (but were moving, so thats good)

what kinda clothes do you wear;; its either something i made (or something i altered alot) which i really end up liking, or band shirts, tight jeans or bondage pants, or a shirt or hoodie with some cartoon character or something, occationally a skirt over pants. anything i buy and not make myself is usually from either hollywood or new york city. (we lived in ny and we live in cali now, so its not that hard to get down there) so yeah. i dont know. i dress unusually. its interesting to get random stares cause most people only get them while in costume, see, i get them all the time. haha. its awesome really. woo for negitive attention.

Last edited by Firestar : 08-12-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 11:10 AM   #68
Lyulf
**STUPIFY =====*

O_O you mean we aren't cosplaying all the time lol

well I usually don't hang with any special group as I have friends in all genres of things.
Though I work with the military so I have to wear a uniform for work, but I leave the work at work. I am friends with most and helpfull aswell, and usually in a good graces with most.
I usually have at least my FMA pocket-watch with me when in mundanes. with multiple anime related T-shirts. Though black clothing is my favourite wear. Though I dress from casual to prim-and-proper
Though I be weird in that I'll wear a Nascar Jacket all summer making everyone else sweat just looking at me wearing it
Unread 08-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #69
Moonlit Child
popcorn pumpkin puff

What kind of person r u? haha, good question. I'm pretty easy going, politically minded, sorta self-conscious (arren't we all sometimes?) and something of a space-cadet at times...my mind wanders very easily unless I'm really concentrating. When I'm not cosplaying I do a lot of reading and writing, mostly short stories, poetry, and at current, a movie script.

As for what kind of social group I'm part of, none that I know of, unless there's a category for those kinds of people who fall been *all* the cracks. My friends are all into something different: a good deal of them are gamers, writers, musicians, activists...I get 'em from all over the place.

My clothing style can only be described as "comfortable" as I don't really go for any one brand name or genre of clothing, if it's comfortable, I'll wear it. There's a fair share of everything in my warbrode. Although there is this part of me that every once and a while wants to look real nice, so there's a good deal of casual dresses and skirts in there too. Other than that, I pretty much blend into a crowd.
Unread 08-13-2005, 10:52 AM   #70
Anbu Neko

Mmm... my life IS cosplay, always pretending to be something I'm not XD (wow that sounded emo O.o)

I'm one of those 'regular' kids, I guess. Unclassifiable, maybe? XD I wear pretty preppy clothes, like stuff from American Eagle and Gap (that'll change once I get good enough at sewing nyahah ), but I'm really not a prep at all. I'm really quite around those I don't know, but when I'm with my small group of really close friends I'm a handful XD

Whenever I'm not sewing (and that means what I do BEFORE midnight... X3), I'm usually on the computer XD I lurk around deviantart (I'm 'eshe' if you have an account!) and browse the galleries of cosplay.com. I usually sit and chat to all my friends on AIM or what not, and draw when I get the inspiration. I don't play video games a whole lot anymore.. I don't have any good ones XD I'm waiting for some good ones to come out

As for how I dress... Like I said, I wear alot of AE and Gap, but recently I've gotten into that kind of 'emo' look... I'm dying for neckties and button-up shirts XD Maybe that's stupid... I also took a seam ripper to an old pair of jeans I have and gave them holes (my mom threw out my good ones that naturally ripped! ) I like to wear a lot of shirts that I get from cons... ('I <3 Yaoi', 'Ask me about Jrock'... etc)

That's me
Anbu Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #71
Serria
tea-drinker

I can be quiet and shy around large groups of people I don't know/am not comfortable around, but otherwise I'm a pretty happy, upbeat person who likes talking, laughing, and debating.

I'm not an otaku. I'm really not. I don't claim to be. I don't fit into any of those stereotypes, except maybe I have a crush on Cloud Strife and play video games a lot.

I think aside from my geeky hobbies, I fit in with the crowd. I don't wear all black. I like dressing pretty. I don't dress like your stereotypical highschool popular girl, I don't mean that, I like pretty, art-ish clothes. I do, however, have my share of Zelda shirts, as well as a few from conventions... haha, and I can't say I never wear those.

I like hanging out with friends... many share my interest in art/gaming, some like anime, some are as normal as it gets. I don't like "groups". I generally... like people. I like to get along with people. I'm certainly a school nerd and a geek, but I don't think that people brand me as that. I just have fun and do my own thing.

Oh I also like martial arts. Any art, actually. Writing, painting, sketching, dancing, music. That's me.
Serria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2005, 09:32 PM   #72
phaedrus

I am Poseidon, god of the sea! I sink ships and conjure up storms!

"It is clear your cat is a skilled marksman, but how is he with a sword?"
"You will find out soon enough, old man."
"Your master was a fool, you know. You will surely lose."
"Perhaps you are right, but he would never have brought a knife-cat to a gun-cat-fight."

Last edited by phaedrus : 08-13-2005 at 09:47 PM.
phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #73
chendal

outside the cosplay realm I'm your average girl..... maybe....

I sing and dance and design my own clothes. I work in a bridal shop and at a bar so yes i hold down two jobs most of the time. I don't keep close friends and I live alone.
I'm single with no children and a high school graduate who wants more out of life then to sit around doing nothing so I try everything at least once
Unread 08-13-2005, 09:48 PM   #74
Yucari
Humble Tengu Reporter

I don't believe in social groups but I seem to fall into the category of 'band kid' at school because I...am in the band. Marching band and Jazz band, both of which I play bass guitar in. I also work at the local guitar shop.

I wear whatever's comfortable. Jeans and a t-shirt year round.

I'm also into the field of journalism, I'm writing for the school paper this upcoming year. Most of my writing is sports-related, I've gotten onto the field before a baseball game before and interviewed a player. And yeah, baseball is a priority in my life too.

Cosplay is just this little thing on the side for me, its not such a big deal to me as it might be for some of you.
Unread 08-13-2005, 11:23 PM   #75
Mitchi
Resident Malkavian

Outside of cosplay eh?

Well, I'm the kind of kid usally cuaght going to the computer lab or the school library (to use the computers), and i'm a bit catatonic at times, though often friendly. I'm the kind of person most often caught so deep in my own soliloquy taht i dont realize i've smaked into a wall XD

I normally wear jeans and boots with the most random shirts. I have no set style, mostly because I'm too absent minded to pay attention to what i'm wearing. Oh, and if it's not scorching outside i usually wear my random trenchcoat...just for kicks.

Oh, and i'm also so geeky taht i cant hold a conversation unless it has to do with anime, video games, progarmming, vampire: the masqurade or squirrels. I'm insane like that.