Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:17 AM   #1141
Throatriptron
Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon-Squeezy View Post
And Game of Thrones.

I love weddings, and I watch Four Weddings a little too much. (Even though I think it's a bit unfair. Derr the bride spending $45,000 more is going to win :u) My friends and family need to get married so I can attend them.
Omg girl me too.
Throatriptron is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #1142
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatriptron View Post
In my spare time I draw comics and stay up ridiculously late doing absolutely nothing on the Internet/ eating copious amounts of food.

I am obsessed with cats, and am a certified CNA. However my current job is as a hostess at a Chinese restaurant, and my job there is primarily to stare at koi fish and screw around on my phone. I am paid well to do these things.
^The internet will do that to ya. I spend so much time online, I don't even know how I fill so many hours on the internet anymore... it's super unhealthy and I need to get a life, but whatevs. lol Also sounds like you've got a pretty good deal, essentially getting paid to play with your phone haha

I guess I'll post here again since I did mine at the end of high school and one year of college has passed... I changed a bit

Still have a varied group of friends since I keep in contact with my friends from high school. At college I have made friends who have relatively similar personalities to my friends at home, yet I don't think my friends from high school would get along with them all that well.

As for how I dress, I would say that I dress normal for my area. I wear stuff sort of like what you'd see on sites like NastyGal or stores like Lord & Taylor (sometimes I like to dress classy), my taste in clothing has gotten increasingly pricey lol. I dress in a pretty mainstream style which is very different from what I was wearing in high school. If you saw me randomly, you probably would never guess that I am a Jack Sparrow impersonator or involved in the cosplay world.
I listen to a lot of Hiphop/Rap and have been listening to lots of Dancehall music lately (like Vybz Kartel, Movado, Aidonia, Mr Vegas etc).
My personality doesn't change too much from when I am in cosplay or out of cosplay. Mostly I just look very different. I guess I would say that I am actually less awkward when I am cosplaying, and much of that comes from being a Jack Sparrow impersonator and having to be able to talk to people easily/approach them. Still working on that though but I am getting better xD
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #1143
Mi Feng

I'm sixteen (17 in June) and I'm going to be a high school senior in the Fall. I'm working to maintain a 4.0 or higher and go to college/university.
* I don't have my license yet (but I'm working on it)
* Active member in the Thespian Society and Head of Costumes at my school.
* Yearbook and Newspaper Editor in Chief
* I love the sciences.
*I also love theatrical makeup!

When I'm not busy I'm at home on the Internet. 8P Clinical Depression is something I was diagnosed with when I was 14 but I'm working on living with it and shining to the best of my ability! ^_^
Unread 05-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #1144
chocobeanz
Nya~

Let's see.. When i'm being me,
Well lets start with,
A half asian/half dutch girl with the age of 17.
i'm always busy with something creative.
Like drawing, designing, sewing, animating, making music. All those kinds of things.
I am a gamer and so is my boyfriend (which i'm at almost every day) so I usually game every day. I'm always busy with school, doing homework and finishing my assignments.
I'm really busy with that because i'm doing a media education.
Since I don't have much time I watch anime only when I can find the time.
You could say I don't have a style, because my clothing style is really different each time.
I love reading books and good stories. I'm a dreamer but I also can be down to earth.
I really LOVE singing. I used to be in a band and I did the piano and lead vocals. We performed a lot of times. But since we all got busy with school and all we decided to quit.
But I really do love singing japanese songs.
I love learning the language and it really comes naturally.
I share the same passion for voice acting. People always compliment me about my voice when im imitating a character.

Well there is a lot more to tell about me..
But I think this is enough to share with you all .
chocobeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #1145
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

My picture on the side is who i am. If I am not dressed to match my legal name i am going around in my Gothic Lolita or Sweet Lolita. I don't have any other clothes left anymore lol Dam its good to be eccentric.. nobody dares question me lol

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #1146
Scarecrow1992

I am a sophomore in college studying sociology. I'm 20, I'm around 6'1, and I weigh 180 lbs. Personality wise, I'm a very nice guy, very nerdy (What else would you expect), I am a walking encyclopedia of random facts and an avid watcher of cult films. I'm a guitarist (6 years I've played), I like to draw (crappy) cartoons, I'm a metal head in every definition (From 50s rock to the modern stuff, but I prefer 70s/80s metal), but truth be told I'm not a huge anime fan. I do watch a few (I've gotten into Black Butler and Hetalia recently), but I know what I like. I'm more into classic animation, or animation in general (Everything from Popeye and Looney Tunes to MLP and Gravity Falls). I also do a fair bit of videography/photography as well, and would love to get my hands dirty in the realm of cosplay photography.
Tommy Vercetti (GTA Vice City)
Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
Wolverine (Marvel Comics)
Rex Power Colt (Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon)

Plans for 2014:
Turbo (Wreck it Ralph)
Soldier (TF2)
Bad Cop (The Lego Movie)
Sonny Crockett Batman (Miami Vice/Batman mashup)
Cheese Sandwich (MLP)
Mankind/Cactus Jack (WWF)
Scarecrow1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #1147
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I'm only just an upcoming freshman, turning 14 in June. I have a passion for acting and the stage, though I tend to be into quite a lot of other creative pastimes; drawing, writing, some crafts if I know that I know how to do them, and, somewhere under me, I also absolutely adore psychology and sociology. I swore off makeup when I was 8 but picked it back up again at the age of 12 for the sake of cosplay, and now absolutely adore playing with it. I've had an obsession for Black Butler for about 2 1/2 years now that shows little signs of stopping anytime within this year, and I'm not sure whether to feel oddly proud or pathetic about that. I also have a (somewhat irrational) fear of driving, to the point that I panic just a bit when I'm riding in a car and come to a busy intersection, trying to imagine being at the wheel myself. I'm honestly incredibly anxious about my 15th birthday and the inevitable being pushed to get my Learners Permit, as I know my parents won't understand, just like how they don't understand that they have a daughter who is very happily pansexual; the darkest hole in my life being their refusal to accept such a thing.
I have the extent of about 3 very close friends that I honestly care about with all my heart, and I would do anything and everything for them. Though I try hard to make sure everyone around me is alright and has a smile on their face, I'd go to the end of the Earth to provide one for my best friends.
I am more or less an outcast in any respect as far as social life, school, and my home goes. I'd much rather sit in the corner and doodle than participate in gym. I like to sit at the back of the classroom- not to cause trouble, but to just have my own personal privacy. I get along decently with everyone, but only consider myself friends with a small fraction of my class. I'm hugely an outcast in the way that I'm not a very religious person. I don't go to church on Sundays, as I am agnostic. Coming from a small little country town, this makes me plain and simply weird and out-of-place around everyone and everything, and my three close friends are the only ones who completely understand.
I try not to fit myself under stereotypes, though I've found my tastes are very widely defined by Gothic.
Also, I love British accents, and generally anything others would find disturbing. Murder mysteries, blood and gore, immortals/haunting, the concept of insanity and how this is played through different mediums: I love it, and I do hate when people snap at me about being messed up for it, because it really is nothing more than a curious interest that I would never actually act upon.

..And that turned into just about a billion facts about me. Oops. >.<
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #1148
Rex Surrection
Scott Oma

At home, I'm a husband of a lovely woman, a father of a fun son and daughter, a neighbor that keeps to himself. I spend my off-time playing video games, exercising, drawing, watching animated series, reading, and lately, costume tweeking.

At work, I'm a physician in a hospital. Colleagues who don't know me well have mistaken my quietness for being rude, gay, or being a robot, due to my avoidance of chit chat, flirting, or discussing my personal matters. My patients say I'm a great listener though.

Most people at work would have a heart attack if they knew I cosplayed, which is okay since at least they're in a hospital already.

We all have our alter-egos.
Rex Surrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #1149
StarBlaze73

I'm 26, was an IT major in college, now I'm working in the IT department of a healthcare system.

I sing. I like singing classical music and a little bit of jazz and showtunes, but classical music became my focus in college. Now I sing in a community choir.

I'm a big sports fan. I love watching pro football. I'm not really into college football. Too many teams to pay attention to. I love baseball. I watch baseball almost every day during baseball season (and if I can't watch, I'm paying attention somehow, like the radio). Hockey and basketball aren't as high on my list, but I'll still pay attention (I stayed up to watch the Bruins/Penguins double overtime last night, and they're not even my teams).

(I'm also female, by the way).

I'm a Zumba instructor. I love group exercise and fitness (except for running... but I'm trying right now because I signed up for a 5k and as much as training sucks, I have to do it ^_^.

I also love Asian dramas. Mostly Japanese and Korean. I've watched one Taiwanese drama and plan to watch others. My friend and I have actually been panelists at anime cons and given panels on Asian dramas.

... My sports/fitness friends who don't know me well give me a O_o look when I say I like anime and cosplay. My more nerdy friends who don't know me well give me a O_o look when I get all into sports-related things.

... My co-workers now know I like all those things, so they're more like "^_^;; *patpat on head*"

... I just like to think of myself as someone who keeps busy. ^____^;;;
StarBlaze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #1150
cosplay!3

Smile Acanthus: IRL

I am a BFA Tech/Design at Stephen F Austin State University in Nacogdoches, TX. I hold two jobs in the theatre department as well as being the current president of the SFA Games and Miscellaneous Entertainment (G.A.M.E.) Club. Cosplay has been a growing passion for me since my first convention in 2011. I met Tsuneno, whom also has a passion for nerd things, here at SFASU and thus we're pursuing the dream of making our Cosplay Company a reality!

Convention List:

Confirmed
Possible

Oni-Con 2013 Galveston Texas Oct. 25th-27th
Ikkicon 2013 Austin Texas Dec. 27th-29th
cosplay!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #1151
Finesse
Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Surrection View Post
At home, I'm a husband of a lovely woman, a father of a fun son and daughter, a neighbor that keeps to himself. I spend my off-time playing video games, exercising, drawing, watching animated series, reading, and lately, costume tweeking.

At work, I'm a physician in a hospital. Colleagues who don't know me well have mistaken my quietness for being rude, gay, or being a robot, due to my avoidance of chit chat, flirting, or discussing my personal matters. My patients say I'm a great listener though.

Most people at work would have a heart attack if they knew I cosplayed, which is okay since at least they're in a hospital already.

We all have our alter-egos.
Awesome. A real-life doctor and a family man to boot! I guess finding a good labcoat is never an issue, eh?

I'm a New York resident in my late teens. I run, I study, I watch, I play. If I have the time, I enjoy listening to film scores and jazz, dubstep and punk, techno and showtunes, '80s and funk. I spend my free time eating food, working out, sleeping, and talking to my goddess of a girlfriend.

In school, I'm fairly social. I span a few cliques and call many my friend.

I put my con photos on facebook, so it's far from a well-guarded secret what I'm into. Those who think it's weird think it's weird, and those who accept it accept it. I respect both of them just the same.

It's a great time to be a nerd, though, let me tell you. I don't know about the rest of the world, but in New York, we're on the cusp of a grand new era. What was once taboo is now cool. If I were to have told the owner of my local Hot Topic seven years ago that he would be selling My Little Pony shirts and Power Rangers hoodies, he would have laughed in my face. What once got kids beat up in high school now gets them nods of approval from their peers. Just the other day, I caught six jocks convincing our teacher to watch Lord of the Rings. The head of the theatre club discusses The Matrix and chess with my physics teacher. My girlfriend's science teacher makes Doctor Who references. The track team talks Pokémon and Team Fortress while we run. In the yearbook this year, there were more senior quotes by Doctor Who than Doctor Seuss. Not only is it becoming acceptable, nerd is becoming mainstream, and I am eager to see what the future will bring...
What's this thread about, again?

Last edited by Finesse : 06-06-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #1152
cheneycos
Banned

I can not agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamckon View Post
Computer and Electrical Engineering major at West Virginia University.
I can not agree more
let it to be yourself
cheneycos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #1153
xxChromeSama
Team butler, unite!

Hmm, well outside of cosplay I am just a person (20 years old!) who loves to watch anime, draw, read, play video game, and watch horror movies. I currently take online college classes (my last semester for my A.A.), so I don't really have much of a social group. However, I am pretty shy when it comes to meeting new people, but can be seen as pretty happy and outgoing when I warm up to others. As hobbies, besides cosplaying, I like to bake, draw, and write. In a nutshell, I'm the type of person to do things at my own pace, while having fun~
xxChromeSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #1154
lazer684
The Whale Shark

I'll be 19 next month and I am a sophomore in college with honors. :>
When I'm not cosplaying or attending a convention, I'm a part-time nanny and while I'm good with kids, I certainly don't want any of my own. /I'm asexual/aromantic
In my free time I play video games or hang out with my family. Before my move to Tennessee last summer, I lived in Florida and I was ALWAYS on the go with my friends, despite suffering from serve depression. I've tried making friends here, but they're all either way younger than me or they're just bad quality people. :/ I'll be moving again in a year, hopefully back to Virginia!
Unread 06-10-2013, 04:42 AM   #1155
bindilover

I am a soon-to-be 19 years old Swedish art student who spends most of his time trying not to get caught in art/creativity blocks, playing the bass/melodica/guitar and singing and coming up with ideas for cmvs. I swap between wearing incredibly casual clothes and being super dressed up.
bindilover is offline   Reply With Quote