Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Music Chat

Unread 08-08-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
Megamanroxor

Puffy Amiyumi

I just got their 'nice' album, and I liked it, does anyone mind letting me know what I should go for next, either by them, or by someone similar?

Thanks in advance ^_^ :japan:
Megamanroxor is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2005, 11:00 AM   #2
Kyuriko
At Your Service

I haven't heard many of their albums, but I have the "Hi Hi" album which is domestically available. At least, in the U.S.A. it is, I'm not so sure about the U.K. But if you get the opportunity you should check it out, even though it has a lot of their [hard-to-decipher!] English songs. Most of the songs, except for the last track - "The Teen Titans Theme" - are from their American cartoon Hi Hi! Puffy AmiYumi.
Kyuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #3
Soratakun

Oh man, I saw this music video of them at Poke Park (in Nagoya, Japan, it's like... my un-official hometown) and they just randomly walk out into the middle of the park and start singing, and all these people with their little kids walk up and are like, "... D= WTF mate?" And then they finish and scurry off to this little building.

Oh yeah, it was called Hajimari No Uta, and wasn't too bad as a piece of music. (^-^)
Unread 08-11-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
xo_madhatter
Nittle Grasper pwnz

Meh, I need to get one of their albums >> I've downloaded some songs *music pirateness* *needs to stop the conspiracy* *will get the album... TONIGHT!* But...hrm... I dunno, any of their stuff is good^^ It makes me happy.

o0 I'll have to see this music video...
xo_madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2005, 11:16 AM   #5
ArsenalFierce13
Resident Goddess

I'd recommend the Jet CD. It's one of their first albums (if not THE first, I can't remember), and it has a lot of the songs that originally made them popular. I particularly like it because each song has a sort of retro feel to it. "Kore ga Watashi no Ikiru-michi" and "Ai no Shirushi" both sound like they'd be right at home on an early Beatles album, while "Cake is Love" plays with that 80's synth sound. There's a song on there with a nice jazzy thing going, and one that sounds like it was sung by DoCo, the Ranma 1/2 group. So yeah, if you're looking for Puffy love, look there.

Costumes, costumes, la la la! http://www.chicagocostume.com

Cosplay wish list: Faye Valentine masquerade gown (Cowboy Bebop), Lehas (Magna Carta), Gaara (Naruto), Yohko Mano (Devil Hunter Yohko),Setsuka (Soul Calibur III), Zhen Ji (Dynasty Warriors 5)
ArsenalFierce13 is offline   Reply With Quote