Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 01-25-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

Most Crossplayed..

Well.. I'm going to combine this thread into two things I want to talk about to save space.

First, what do you think the most Crossplayed character is? My opinion, Inuyasha is the most crossplayed by girls and any Di Gi Charat character is the most crossplayed for guys. At least that is my experience. I have only been to one convention and half the time I couldn't tell anyway.. ^_^() I was so stunned that I was actually at a convention I hardly noticed the cosplayers were crossplaying until an unfortunate Di Gi Ko experience... lol. So yes... opinions?

And the second thing. I MIGHT CROSSPLAY!! I've never done that before, but I'm seriously considering it now. I really thinking about doing Inuyasha. My boyfriend is like "you'd make cute Inu Yasha" but I'm still a bit nervous. I've never done that before and yeah... I still want to do it though just because I love him so much. ^_^
We were going to do a group cosplaying as Inu Yasha and I was going to get stuck being Kagome, but she isn't my favorite. Suddenly I have realized that everyone else is being other characters (they are all guys mind you) so I decided perhaps I should do Inu Yasha.

Unread 01-25-2003, 04:47 PM   #2
ThatYaoiBoy
Sewing Impaired

Well from my experience, most yaoi characters are cosplayed by girls. Such as Shuichi, Ryuichi, Mr. K, Tsuzuki, well shoot, all of Gravitation and Yami no Matsuei, along with Gundam Wing. It just happens to be like that ^^;
ThatYaoiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 05:02 PM   #3
Sami
» star*stealing girl

Any of the Weiss guys. Hands down. ^___^; *guilty of that as well..* And probably Gravitation..
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 05:19 PM   #4
chibi chii
no time but the present

i do think inu yasha is cosplayed alot but that me! ^_^
chibi chii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 05:26 PM   #5
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

Yeah, but I'm talking Crosplay. O.o I have seen only, like, one male Inu Yasha out of 5 total.
Unread 01-25-2003, 06:10 PM   #6
Bonk
FOR OZ!

Shippou. Shippou has got to be one of the most Crossplayed characters, I think >>. I saw about three or four Shippou cosplayers at OhayoCon, and all were girls. I think they did good on their costumes though ^^. Also, I don't believe there -are- any male Shippou cosplayers Oo'. Anyways, Inuyasha's cosplayed equally by guys and girls if you ask me. I've seen about as many male Inuyashas as I have seen Female ones, though, there might be just a few more female ones ^^'. Hmm..-Thinks of more commonly crossplayed characters- Ah, Duo Maxwell. He's rarely cosplayed by a guy 'Oo. Hmm...that's about all I can think of now, heh. Most of the males in really popular anime shows get crossplayed by girls at some point or another, and rarely are they not. -Nodders- Heh. I'm a person that has yet to cosplay a girl. I've always crossplayed as a guy for everything. For Halloween, for cosplaying, everything. Oh well ^^'.
Bonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 06:25 PM   #7
Celine
Remember me?

I've seen lots of these crossplayed as well- Shippo, Inu Yasha, Duo Maxwell & the other Gundam boys, Shuichi... To add to that list, Kenshin and Kuja. As for guys crossplaying, Cardcaptor Sakura and sailor scouts are another popular choices (though they're definitely outnumbered by the girls doing those characters) in addition to Digi Charat.

You should totally do Inu Yasha if you like him that much. Crossplay is fun, and people are generally accepting of it. If your boyfriend supports your idea, more power to you. ^_^
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 06:49 PM   #8
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

^_^ Yayness... Inuyasha was the first crossplay idea I have ever had. I'm not against that sort of thing, but it was a strange idea for me to do. I'm soooo going to do it now though. *can't stop smiling* I wuv me inu yasha.. *huggles plushie*
Unread 01-25-2003, 07:04 PM   #9
krystal1314
Cheesemists

Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi (has yet to see any male Nuriko, lol) and Kuja from Final Fantasy IX!!! But then again, I give MAJOR MAJOR points to guys who do Kuja... I've seen like a total of 1 person x_x
krystal1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 07:37 PM   #10
videogirlc

Nuriko would be at the top of my list also some of the other Fushigi Yuugi characters.
videogirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 07:39 PM   #11
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Nearly half of my cosplay is crossplay XD I've done Shippou, Dark Schneider, James (TR), and Tetsuo ^^'
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 08:20 PM   #12
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

Yeah, I have seen 3 male Nurikos compared to tons of female ones. Sailor Moon & Mars and Sakura also get a lot of crossplay.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 08:44 PM   #13
Cocoa
Wielder of the spork.

Hmm...I've only been to one con, but I've looked through all sorts of cosplay sites on the 'net. Haven't seen a guy cosplay Subaru Sumeragi, from X and Tokyo Babylon.
-Cocoa
Cocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 09:44 PM   #14
engrish

This may be a little old school but there used to be a lot of Ranma crossplays.
Unread 01-25-2003, 09:47 PM   #15
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

Most I've seen:

Sakura (CCS)
Chii
Sailors
TheLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote