Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime USA

Unread 08-11-2005, 04:52 PM   #1
musica heart
silence in these waters.

anime usa..worth going?

Hi,
I have not attened hardly any out of state conventions, and I was
wondering..what are the perks of animeusa..
is it a good con...soo soo...sucky, just plain lame..or great?
musica heart is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #2
bag0k
Sailor srs >:|

Yes! I love AUSA! It may be small, but it has a warm atmosphere and it's not as crowded as some conventions. It's also less expensive and in a good area. Tyson's corner has a huge mall in it, complete with a food court and a few resteraunts. (Including the Rainforest Cafe! ^_^) I always have a lot of fun there. Also, it's not in the heat of summer or the dead of winter, so you really have no risk of freezing your toes off or collapsing of heat stroke. (Well, this year it's in november, so I dunno... :/)

Basically, it's my favorite convention.
Unread 08-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #3
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Yes AUSA is worht going to, Its a wonderful con where there are plenty of realy nice cosplay people, theres a huge mall with a nice food court and such and the con itself is just great! I make the drive form NC to go so yeah its worth it.
Unread 08-14-2005, 03:44 AM   #4
demonseed

This would be over a 7 hour drive for me to go to. Was wondering if anyone can help me with comparing it to any other cons this year. I think that would give me an idea if I should go or not. I have gone to AnimeBoston, PortConMaine, AnimeNext, and Connecticon.
demonseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Went to AN last year, I'd say that it was a similar size to last year's AUSA. Lots of cosplayers, very nice people and the staff actually have a clue. If you have a chance, join us it's worth the drive, says the person who could win the "traveled the shortest distance to the con award".
makotohanabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #6
aestate

I don't know...I wanted to go, but then I saw their commercial on their website, which rubbed off as uber-otaku-geeky, so now I'm having second thoughts.
aestate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2005, 03:52 AM   #7
demonseed

I already have the hotel booked, knowing I can cancel it if I don't go, but there's a good chance I'm probably going to go. Especially since it's going to be at the time of the year when not many other cons are going on. I wasn't impressed with AnimeNext this year at all and just don't want to drive 8 hours to feel that way about another convention.
demonseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2005, 10:51 PM   #8
Yucari
Humble Tengu Reporter

The commericial sucks, please ignore it.
The actual con is really nice, this will be my second year going. I really enjoyed myself last year, its a much smaller con than other ones in the area (Katsu and Ota), but that doesn't make any less good.
Unread 08-17-2005, 01:18 AM   #9
AgentOS
Convention Go-Getter

AnimeUSA was probably the least entertaining convention I have been too. Being 20 this month, I found everyone there was around 14 years old and running around all day. There was not much to do because of the size. The music guest last year was Camino who I did not particularly care for. This year is MOVE WHICH WOULD BE THE ONLY REASON WHY I WOULD GO THIS YEAR BECAUSE I LIKE THEM A TON. I like the Katsucon/AMA size cons because there is a ton more to do and people to meet/talk to. I found AnimeUSA to not be worth the 4-5 hour trip. I probably will skip it this year even though Move is great.
AgentOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2005, 02:35 AM   #10
bag0k
Sailor srs >:|

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOS
AnimeUSA was probably the least entertaining convention I have been too. Being 20 this month, I found everyone there was around 14 years old and running around all day. There was not much to do because of the size. The music guest last year was Camino who I did not particularly care for. This year is MOVE WHICH WOULD BE THE ONLY REASON WHY I WOULD GO THIS YEAR BECAUSE I LIKE THEM A TON. I like the Katsucon/AMA size cons because there is a ton more to do and people to meet/talk to. I found AnimeUSA to not be worth the 4-5 hour trip. I probably will skip it this year even though Move is great.
*nods* yes, I agree with your second to last sentence. It's only 20 minutes away from my house, so that's one of the main reason's why it's my favorite con. It isn't worth a road trip. I like to think of it as a newbie con!
Unread 08-17-2005, 02:40 AM   #11
AgentOS
Convention Go-Getter

I just realized I have college break starting that friday so odds are I will be going because of Move and lack of excuses. But still I don't recommend the road trip unless you like Move/Eurobeat. The hotel is fairly compact. Also bring a swimsuit. Once again my recommendation is this con is way too small to be shelling out some $$$.
AgentOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 12:31 PM   #12
dustbunny
Thats no ordinary rabbit.

Even though AUSA is a bit small. They always do a great job with the planning and times. U can do almost everything cause it's easy to get rAound. If u have friends this is great con cause can hang w/ them. U can also meet other people more easily.

Mad Moxxi [Borderlands]

Facebook page~
http://www.facebook.com/DBCosplay

......../) /)............
........( . .).............
........c(")(")...........
dustbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2005, 06:05 PM   #13
BotMan

well this is my first time at this con..hope it be alots of fun!!!
BotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 05:50 PM   #14
Flicker

AUSA has been the only convention I've been to so far, but I enjoyed it. The staff is really great and that's one of the biggest issues at some conventions. I obviously can't compare it to other conventions, but AUSA seems a lot warmer that many conventions I've heard about.
Flicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 05:55 PM   #15
trigunvash
Zombie eliminator

AUSA is a fantastic convention this is my 4th year going. Out of Katsucon, Otakon and AnimUSA, AUSA is my favorite. Key thing to remember is that its small, I know some folks come expecting Otakon/Anime Expo megacon, this isn't it, but after they got over that they enjoyed the convention very much.
Everyone is nice, and there's a calm relaxing atmosphere.
trigunvash is offline   Reply With Quote