Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.50 average.
Unread 01-26-2003, 11:23 AM   #1
Celine
Remember me?

Kingdom Hearts movie?

I was reading through the most recent EGM, and there's apparently a rumor floating around about KH being made into a full-length film, and potentially a TV series as well. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I haven't seen anything else making a comment about this from any Disney sources. What do you all think about this possibility? I think it could be very cool, though I can't imagine Ansem singing a happy Disney tune! XD Maybe they wouldn't make it a musical...
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2003, 12:50 PM   #2
Sakura
Original Sakura

XD I'd love to see something like this! mmm even MORE Riku... *_* I think a TV series on the Disney channel or something would rock.
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 03:27 PM   #3
DJ(SiC)ness
Kyo For President

these rumors came out before KH hit the states.
but knowing disney these are only rumors.

Disney has a certain way of doing things, and these dosen't sound much like them to make a movie based on the game.

Even thou it pisses me off, becuase i would love to see a series or movie based on it.
DJ(SiC)ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 04:13 PM   #4
Whisper

Even if they made a movie based on KH you wouldn't have to worry about singing and dancing. The last few Disney movies had no spontaneous break-outage of song or dance. I'm not sure it would be a good idea to make such a thing anyway. It would have to be popular enough to make money, and God knows FInal Fantasy wasn't. The public kills things.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 07:12 PM   #5
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

Hehe, a TV show on the Disney channel actually seems pretty likely...Disney is weird like that -_-;;
Ali-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 08:03 PM   #6
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

That... would... RULE. But, I have a feeling it'd be babied down a bit if it's gonna be on Disney channel...

A movie would be cool too...
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 08:43 PM   #7
PretearWink
Check Q and A ^_^

If it goes on the Disney Channel (I mean hell, the Sci fi channel is putting out a TREMORS series for crying out loud) I hope they have a KH Tifa and more tweaked FF characters........ or maybe I'm just nutty ^^
PretearWink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 08:52 PM   #8
MikigamiTokiya

I think it would be interesting if they sung ^^;; I'd pay so much money to see sephiroth sing some cutesy song and dance XD that would be too cold. Duunoh if that's me or the overload of south park specials w/ their hoard of dance + song scenes lol.
Unread 01-28-2003, 10:52 AM   #9
KaitouKurogo
Whee! I'm Expendable!

**Imagines Sephiroth dancing around sining 'I Feel Pretty'**
KaitouKurogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2003, 11:20 AM   #10
Dark Vision
Dark Mousy

It'd be interesting none the less. I would fear what they may turn it into though. Also I wonder where production would be.
Dark Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2003, 09:13 PM   #11
Yuna-X2
Stealth Nerd

Sadly enough, I can definatly see Disney trying to get a TV series at least. I mean, they did it to almost every one of their suer sucessful movies... the Lion King, the Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Hercules... it would be okay.... but, risky, just cause the fans could be super dissapointed, becuase they might have to baby it down or something...
Yuna-X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2003, 02:28 PM   #12
KaitouKurogo
Whee! I'm Expendable!

Personally, I'd like to see them pull off a movie that, just once, wasn't sugar-coated or watered down for the masses. I know Disney wouldn't want to put their name on an animated picture with questionable content, but they could always liscence it off to another company that they own. Look what happened to "Nightmare Before Christmas"...

Anyway, the idea of an anime or CG (think FF: TSW) movie of Kingdom Hearts is very awesome. But how about a live version? Just whom would play whom? I'd like to toss out some suggestions, but I know jack-schit about Hollywood, so no big names come to mind. ^_^;
--The First True Dark Link-- (Legend of Zelda, AX05)
KaitouKurogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2003, 03:37 PM   #13
kitty_neko

i would definetly watch it... but im not so sure it would be great if it happened, since disney IS little kid-ish....
i would be really annoyed/disapointed if they made a movie or tv show from it, but made it stupid... ._.
kitty_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2003, 08:49 PM   #14
katrinastrife

Final Fantasy characters... Cloud... Sephiroth... MOVIE SCREEN!!!

X_X

I'm in. ^_^;; OK, I'm a bum. I dunno if they'd make a movie for the US, but I could see them doing one for japan--Japanese people LOVE disney, at least almost all the people I met when I was there...

I'm gonna keep looking around for info on this...
Unread 02-02-2003, 02:38 AM   #15
Viral Harvest
Diabolically Jaded

A Kingdom Hearts series or movie would be pretty cool, though I don't think they'd capture what the game made everything out to be. But surely you all know of the subliminal messages and images Disney throws into some of their movies? coincidence? I think not!

Last edited by Viral Harvest : 02-02-2003 at 02:43 AM.
Viral Harvest is offline   Reply With Quote