Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Unread 08-17-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
Kaze

Bleach - Yoruichi

I've finally decided I'm going to spend the winter working on Yoruichi's battlesuit for a huge Bleach cosplay being done in 2006.

A few things have me a little stumped though.
First off capturing the butterfly image for the shirt and what kind of material would suit a costume , like this, best?

If I use material that's way too stretchy it will possibly ruin the design if it's for some reason or another stretched.

I'm open to any tips and ideas and any input you can possibly provide!

-Kaze
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
Ciarathallya
Ragnacrack Cosplay Addict

I'd use a stencil and paint it on. Or you could do an iron on. However, being a totally obsessed Bleach fan I can vouch for her hair being a shade of purple. All the previous fan art is based off of manga b&w prints. Anime her hair is really purple.
Unread 08-19-2005, 05:51 PM   #3
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

Well considering how that outfit is pretty skin tight, you'll probably want to go with a matte black spandex to make the body suit.

Try paint on spandex, but I'm worried it will crack since spandex stretches and usually fabric paint won't, but I haven't tried that myself yet.

Another thing you can do is find white spandex, cut out the butterfly pattern and then sew that onto the black spandex. It's a lot more work obviously, but at least then the white butterfly will stretch along with the black body suit.
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote