Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-26-2003, 09:32 PM   #1
Rinoa1022
La La La cant hearrr you

Kos Mos-- xenosaga

Hey im gunna be making kos mos's outfit but i have a problem....how do i make something like the metal plate on her stomac? Im good with fabric but that part im not so sure about.
Rinoa1022 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2003, 12:24 AM   #2
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Okay, I'm kinda going by memory on her outfit, but...
Perhaps start with a metallic-y/pvc white or silver corset (they do make those, check ebay) and build up the armor shape with something lightweight and plastic that you can easily spray-paint and then attach (either with straps or hot glue.) Check used sporting goods for various parts of protective gear or even plastic serving trays or plastic containers that are close to the right shape. I'd advise against trying to cut/sand plexiglass (it's really hard and noisy to do) or trying to use any kind of clay (which won't be smooth enough, but would be heavy.) If you think you could sand it down and then fill the texture with several gloss layers, plaster gauze -might- work.

Another thing you might want to try is corrugated plastic boards. Very lightweight and very sturdy. And easily cuttable. I'm making a guitar out that stuff right now. Build up a couple layers, using stairsteps to form the curved angles, and then fill in those sharp jagged edges with putty before you paint. It might be a lot of work to do that, tho, in your case, because I don't think her armor is that complicated.

Also, if you are good with fabric, never under-estimate the power of the flatfold vinyl, which can be sewn.
Unread 02-02-2003, 02:36 AM   #3
Recca-kun

I can't really help with the armor, but if it's pictures that are needed I'm the person for the job. ^_^;

http://www.namco.co.jp/home/cs/ps2/x...rs/char02.html <-- Art version from the JP site
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/xeno/xe...rt/namco03.jpg <-- CG
http://www.namco-xenosaga.com/galler...kosmos800.html <--- awesome wallpaper with close-up on the armor

When are you planning KOS-MOS? I'm planning chaos myself...
Recca-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2003, 12:02 PM   #4
Limeyaku
First-Mate

o_o i have a feeling everyone is going to be cosplaying kos-mos soon. myself included. and i also have a feeling that only few of those will be good due to all of the armour n whtnot. ~ .~ *worries about her own*

i'm not too sure what im using yet but i've got a few ideas. ^^ GOODLUCK! PM me so we can keep in touch about it! ^0^
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2003, 12:48 PM   #5
Rinoa1022
La La La cant hearrr you

tankiez people! im prob gunna wear it at baa or some other one in ny....iv never done this before so im gunna stay local
Rinoa1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2003, 01:08 PM   #6
Aoshi Shinomori
Bishounen Senshi

wow if someone does a costume of it.. id like to see pics.
Aoshi Shinomori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2003, 05:04 PM   #7
evaneko
under construction

:O good luck- i was thinking about doing the costume myself- but almost immediatly scrapped it b/c its just so freaking HARD!! i hope it turns out well for you!
evaneko is offline   Reply With Quote