Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-21-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
Katerfreak
Cupcake lover

Indiana Cosplayers?

Are there any Cosplayers in Indiana other than my friend and our boyfriends? I know that the anime community and accessibility to products isn't that great here at all. I live in Indianapolis and there's not much in the way of this hobby here.
Anybody else live in Indiana and have a thing for Cosplay that is just not loved enough by our state? Sick of conventions going to every state bordering us but skipping by here due to lack of interest? Let me know I'm not alone ;D
Katerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2005, 10:18 PM   #2
Gwydion
Cardboard is Love

Well, I'm not from Indiana, but I go to college 9 months out of the year, so I figure I'm there more than back here in Ohio (leaving tomorrow, actually...). My sis has a job in Indiana now, too, but while she likes cosplaying, I make the costumes. ^_^;;

Last year, 7 of us from our anime club cosplayed from One Piece for Ohayocon, but I think that was more due to the fact that I told them it was fun and they should do it too, heh. Oh, and I go to Anderson, which is only about 45 minutes from Indianapolis, and there is actually a costume shop and JoAnn's about 5 minutes away from campus, thankfully. Comes in quite handy. ^_^;; Not to mention a really nice Goodwill, heh.

And I do believe there is an Indiana con starting up in 2006 called Amerikon, or something like that, but it's in Columbus, Indiana. And there used to be C-kon in Fort Wayne, but it was so small, it ran into money problems and is no longer around. Indiana really needs a good con...
Prince Alexander, King's Quest VI - 75% done
Gwydion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 08:50 AM   #3
Katerfreak
Cupcake lover

Yeah. We get GenCon which is a huge gaming con that I went to, but I would love to go to just an anime convention since that's what I really love. I'm going to try to go to one in Ohio next "season" lol and the one in St. Louis hopefully. I'm willing to pay for a hotel, but convincing my friends is difficult.
That would be soooooooo awesome if Amerikon or whatever came here ^^
Unread 08-22-2005, 10:53 AM   #4
Gwydion
Cardboard is Love

Yeah, no joke, we even had the big Star Wars convention back in April! But let's see if I can find the Amerikon website... Ah, found it:
http://www.amerikon.org/
August 18-20, 2006. Doesn't look like the website's been updated recently, but apparently they've been planning it for a while. And since it's not until next August, they have time. So who knows? May just get an Indiana anime con after all!

And I totally understand the whole hotel thing. We can't afford it, so we just go on Sat (meaning leaving REALLY early and REALLY late). Not as much fun, but a lot cheaper. And last year, we only needed 2 cars for 7 people, meaning gas wasn't too bad either. Not sure about this year though... We'll probably either go to Sugoicon or Ohayocon, but most of the clubs members graduated/left (the club is only going in it's 4 year, so we're still young, and on a Christian campus... yeah, not a lot of people seem interested). May mean we'll have to pitch in more for gas. XP
Unread 09-02-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
EtoileEyes

Hey, I'm a cosplayer from Fort Wayne! There are some of us out here, just far a few between. I go to Acen every year... (I do wish there was an Indiana con though. I hope this amerikon can get going)... Anyhow, I just thought I'd put in my two cents.

Upcoming Conventions
Otakon 2007
Ikasucon 2007
EtoileEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2005, 05:33 PM   #6
Katerfreak
Cupcake lover

Yay! We're up to like 10 now I think I'm going to try and go to Ohayocon this year. I turned 19 in May, so my parents are just now getting used to the idea of letting me travel long distances
Unread 09-11-2005, 12:41 PM   #7
Midsummer

I don't live in Indiana yet, but I will be moving there sometime next summer. I'm still not sure as of the town I'll be moving to, but I do hope to find some cosplayers and anime lover when I get there.
Midsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2005, 05:30 PM   #8
Katerfreak
Cupcake lover

Cool! Be sure to post what part of Indiana you're moving to when you find out! we'll give you the info on it
Unread 09-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #9
cactusmomma
Let's play!

We're up in Portage and usually just hit up the Chicago cons since it's all close by.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2005, 11:33 AM   #10
slave-zeo
super ultra mega babe

I am in Evansville, Indiana.

I am not sure if there are many cosplayers around the evansville BUT there are a few across the bridge in henderson (kentucky). I would be willing to round up who I can and attend a small-ish con somewhere in indiana. Or maybe help organize one myself.

Anyone interested?
slave-zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2005, 08:10 PM   #11
EtoileEyes

I've heard rumors that someone is trying to start one here in Indiana, but I don't know who. I heard this at this past Otakon from someone from Indiana who happened to be there. I didn't hear this first hand. If anyone else hears details about it, post it here, I know I would help staff at a con in my home state!

Upcoming Conventions
Otakon 2007
Ikasucon 2007
EtoileEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2005, 09:25 PM   #12
Midsummer

This is a link I found for a con that's trying to get started in Indiana: http://www.amerikon.org/ but it looks like no one has been updating this site in a while.
Midsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2005, 12:58 AM   #13
Gwydion
Cardboard is Love

Zrana started a thread in the Other Cons section asking if there was interest for a small, free con in the Fort Wayne area. I don't know if it's the one you are refering to, but I'll add the link in case anyone wants to check it out and offer support. ^_^

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=67615

And though I wouldn't be able to help, one in Evansville would be nice too!
Unread 11-04-2005, 10:54 AM   #14
rayden007
beginner in cosplay

I live in Indiana and I want to join a Cosplay
rayden007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #15
random_person
Retareded_Cosplayer

cosplayers in Indiana

i was just wondering if there are indiana cosplayers out there