Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-20-2007, 06:25 AM   #151
Jax_Smith

Gencon is primarily a gamming convention so the presence there is limited, but there is atleast 2 others I know of that were present. Mind you I only met one of them but hey, cant be too picky.
Jax_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #152
anbugenji

YAY! Finally...peoples from Indiana...now I don't feel so ashamed...*sniff* I haven't been to any cons lately...whats the latest on events?

Shinigami-10%
anbugenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 02:07 AM   #153
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Events? Well... we've just been through IkasuCon and GenCon, which were in August (in Ft. Wayne and Indy, respectively). Coming up, we have YoumaCon (in Detroit, MI area -- a bit of a drive, but not too far). OhayoCon is in early January; also a bit of a drive, but a decent-sized con. ACen is in May, near Chicago, and is a must-attend.

Where in Indiana are you located?

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #154
ElectraStarr
+Rhodes

Yay!!! Here I am... sitting in my lonely little apartment in Bloomington, Indiana... wondering if I am the only cosplayer here at Indiana University, let alone Indiana and voila!!

And fancy seeing the two of you here, borzou99 and Shokoara!! Can't wait for the Harry Potter gathering at Acen '08.

Loved the Trinity Blood skit, btw. I'm thinking of avoiding more homework by watching some TB right now. I didn't even notice Abel fell, actually. I thought it was just some snazzy choreography that the heads in the crowd blocked.

Sorry I missed IkasuCon though. That was the weekend I moved here and became a Hoosier.

Now to find out if there are any cosplayers here at IUB... and old farts like myself who DO remember the days of mailing away for VHS of anime. Ahhh... memories...

Conventions:

Leaky Con '12 // Midwestria '12 // Chicago TARDIS '12

Planned/In-Progress:
Femme!Four- Doctor Who - 80%
Blue Kang (Drinking Fountain)- Doctor Who - 10%

Eclectic Threads Cosplay

ElectraStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #155
anbugenji

I'm located in Bloomington..and I swear it's a hippie town of all towns

Shinigami-10%
Unread 09-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #156
Jax_Smith

I dont know, seems more like a college party town, though I have seen alot of hotties there. But thats just my thoughts though I visit there on 4th saturdays. it may not be the same on normal days.
Unread 09-22-2007, 06:38 PM   #157
anbugenji

well, to really see the extreme hippie/drunkards just walk downtown from about 10:00 pm to midnight...kinda funny seeing people fall over *snicker*

Shinigami-10%
Unread 09-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #158
Jax_Smith

Whats worse is around 2 when the bars start closing and you see the people come out sloshed trying to hit on women. Its kinda funny in a sadistic way... but perhaps we should get back to indiana cosplay?
Unread 09-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #159
MadameSophie
Madame Sophie

Dude if you want to see sadistic hitting on, visit me at work. Today I got offered a hundred bucks from an eighty year old man to go out with him. Crrrrrreepy! BTW I'm a sandwich artist, not a hooker. However when my coworker told him my boyfriend was a CSI agent I swore he almost had a heartattack and scurried away.

So what future costumes does everyone have in mind? For cons, or, since it's coming up, Halloween?

Skeleton Birdcage Original Design
Miette from City of Lost Children
Mojo King Bee from Gitaroo Man
Fran from FFXII
MadameSophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #160
Shokora
O Tannenbaum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectraStarr View Post
Yay!!! Here I am... sitting in my lonely little apartment in Bloomington, Indiana... wondering if I am the only cosplayer here at Indiana University, let alone Indiana and voila!!

And fancy seeing the two of you here, borzou99 and Shokoara!! Can't wait for the Harry Potter gathering at Acen '08.

Loved the Trinity Blood skit, btw. I'm thinking of avoiding more homework by watching some TB right now. I didn't even notice Abel fell, actually. I thought it was just some snazzy choreography that the heads in the crowd blocked.

Now to find out if there are any cosplayers here at IUB... and old farts like myself who DO remember the days of mailing away for VHS of anime. Ahhh... memories...
LOL, thanks!!! That skit was sooo much fun...yeah, our poor Abel....she ad-libbed it good, though. So yes, Madame Sophie, there were a handful of us Cosplay.com'ers at GenCon....both me and AVAAntares have our skits on YouTube ....here's ours...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRAn0dpc39Y

And YAY for ACEN 2008!!!!! ElectraStarr, you need to have your Trinity Blood costume done by then, lol!!!!! Last year there were 3 people in our Harry Potter photoshoot that were also in the Trinity Blood group...they were the people with the video game version robes (Sister Kate was Ginny Weasley with Arnold the pygmy puff). WWWWWOOOOTTTT, Trinity Blood and Harry Potter ROCK! Of course, will also be attending Anime Expo 2008 and GenCon Indy 2008
Fruits Basket: Hatori Sohma
Hetalia: WW2 Greatcoat Germany (manga)
Kuroshitsuji: Sebastian Michaelis
Shokora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 08:12 AM   #161
Jax_Smith

I am actually looking at picking one of the adult negi's from Magister Negima manga. I think it could be alot of fun and make for some interesting cosplay. the only thing I am debating is whether or not to have the staff made or just go ahead and skip it
Unread 09-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #162
soylatte
capricorn sheep

it's good to see there's some awesome cosplay at gencon. seemed kind of expensive so i wasn't sure if i wanted to try it. i like games but i tend to be more into costuming and art these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameSophie View Post
Dude if you want to see sadistic hitting on, visit me at work. Today I got offered a hundred bucks from an eighty year old man to go out with him. Crrrrrreepy! BTW I'm a sandwich artist, not a hooker. However when my coworker told him my boyfriend was a CSI agent I swore he almost had a heartattack and scurried away.

So what future costumes does everyone have in mind? For cons, or, since it's coming up, Halloween?
i'm hopping on a bus to WV for tsubasacon coming up beginning of october and then throwing a costume party for my friends for halloween. i'm pretty much just touching up the costumes i made during the summer. how about yourself?
anyone else going to any october/fall costuming events?
soylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 09:00 PM   #163
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
This is my current insan--er, work-in-progress. The current plan is to have it done for OhayoCon, in January: http://antaresart.org/anime/michael.jpg

That's my character, out of our group of three. If all goes as planned, we'll have articulated flapping wings and an electroluminescent halo... but at the moment, those sleeves are killing me.

After that, we're doing a group from Gundam W: Noin, Zechs and Treize, in their OZ uniforms. Those are slated for ACen in May.

For Halloween -- or, rather, for my cousins' Pumpkin Carving Party two weeks before, which is the only chance I really have to dress up -- I'm having a really hard time deciding on a costume! My sister and I try to wear coordinating costumes every year, but since this party is an annual event, we've already used a lot of our good ideas. (It's also rather messy, with pumpkin guts everywhere, so we can't really wear our good competition costumes.)

Last year, we were goth vampires. Once, we went as identical twins (a poke at the fact that EVERYONE thinks we're twins, even though we're four years apart and have different heights, builds and hair color). Does anyone have any suggestions?

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 09:46 PM   #164
ElectraStarr
+Rhodes

Trust me, Bloomington, IN is just as much a hippie town as ANY college town is... and yes, it is hilarious to watch all the little drunkies tumbling out of the bars or doing the good ol' walk of shame home the next morning. LOL. I have never been that type so college towns are always lacking a bit for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokora View Post
And YAY for ACEN 2008!!!!! ElectraStarr, you need to have your Trinity Blood costume done by then, lol!!!!! Last year there were 3 people in our Harry Potter photoshoot that were also in the Trinity Blood group...they were the people with the video game version robes (Sister Kate was Ginny Weasley with Arnold the pygmy puff). WWWWWOOOOTTTT, Trinity Blood and Harry Potter ROCK! Of course, will also be attending Anime Expo 2008 and GenCon Indy 2008
I know! I came and stalked you guys at your photoshoot. I think Sister Kate was Tiffany if I remember correctly... I've been planning an artbook version of Caterina since before last Acen, but I never, ever finish anything on time. I'm kind of torn, actually. I love Caterina, for some reason I am not anywhere near being a blonde, I somehow always cosplay blondes. Go fig... so I'd kinda like to do a Sister Noelle, but I don't know if I can match some of y'all A Bloody Mary might be fun, or an Ester.. basically I love all of TB and can't decide! LOL.

I see you are also planning on going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween this year? I went two years ago (my bf works in entertainment at Disney) in my purple Chii costume. I actually had three people recognize me, I was kinda shocked! I wanted to go again this year, but flights have been a bit ridiculous lately.... so maybe next year. It was a blast though!

Okay, the rambly is done for now. Back to uploading pictures

Conventions:

Leaky Con '12 // Midwestria '12 // Chicago TARDIS '12

Planned/In-Progress:
Femme!Four- Doctor Who - 80%
Blue Kang (Drinking Fountain)- Doctor Who - 10%

Eclectic Threads Cosplay

ElectraStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2007, 06:56 AM   #165
soylatte
capricorn sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAAntares View Post
This is my current insan--er, work-in-progress. The current plan is to have it done for OhayoCon, in January: http://antaresart.org/anime/michael.jpg

That's my character, out of our group of three. If all goes as planned, we'll have articulated flapping wings and an electroluminescent halo... but at the moment, those sleeves are killing me.

After that, we're doing a group from Gundam W: Noin, Zechs and Treize, in their OZ uniforms. Those are slated for ACen in May.

For Halloween -- or, rather, for my cousins' Pumpkin Carving Party two weeks before, which is the only chance I really have to dress up -- I'm having a really hard time deciding on a costume! My sister and I try to wear coordinating costumes every year, but since this party is an annual event, we've already used a lot of our good ideas. (It's also rather messy, with pumpkin guts everywhere, so we can't really wear our good competition costumes.)

Last year, we were goth vampires. Once, we went as identical twins (a poke at the fact that EVERYONE thinks we're twins, even though we're four years apart and have different heights, builds and hair color). Does anyone have any suggestions?
wow...that michael costume is going to awesome! i love wings~ good luck!

for halloween ideas, i was trying to help my BF think of something for our party and he ended up going with a pumpkin headed scarecrow idea. we basically looked at a bunch of vintage halloween decorations online. the old cardboard cut out ones have some really neat artwork. next year we're going to make a gentleman cat and witch costumes together based off some artwork we saw. if you're looking for ideas i suggest looking at some halloween decorations at www.beistle.com

its very nostalgic too~ although i am older than many on this site..hehe
soylatte is offline   Reply With Quote