Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-05-2007, 03:33 AM   #211
jeffre

incinjunction looks pretty cool, it'll be a good place to show off my leon costume or my nue that i,m working on.
jeffre is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #212
Alisteal

Yeah I get really really hyped up about InConJunction. I wish more people knew about it. It's a smaller con but there are some GREAT costumes!
Alisteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #213
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonerYuna View Post
How far do you guys usually drive/fly when you go to conventions, seeing as how we only have (is it two now?) conventions in Indiana.
For us, it's a matter of driving time. Usually we don't make it to cons that are outside of a 6 to 8-hour driving radius. That's mostly because when we attend a con, we're also bringing an entire vanload of costumes, props, panel presentation materials, etc., and you just CAN'T fly with some of that stuff (like my four-foot Riza rifle). Since we're located in Indy, we have fairly easy interstate travel to cons in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee, so those are the ones we attend.

We've talked a couple of times about flying out to AX or Anime North, and we've been invited to cons in Florida, but we just haven't worked out the logistics of traveling there yet. ^_^

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #214
anbugenji

where is INCONJUNCTION and GenCon being held? Consceco? where? I am planning on going to one, and I need to know where they are being held

Shinigami-10%
anbugenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #215
Katerfreak
Cupcake lover

Incon is typically held up at the Sharaton North, by the fashion mall. It's a smaller convention, but it's really fun because everyone is sooooooo nice. It's typically held during the 4th of July weekend, or right around there.
I love Incon. It's my favorite convention.

GenCon is a HUGE convention and it is held at the Convention Center in downtown Indy and several events are also in the surrounding hotels. It is held typically in the 3rd week of august.

Either way, we've got a long ways away from either of them ^^
Katerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #216
anbugenji

true, but I was just wondering cause its been a few years and I forgot when they started and stuff thx

Shinigami-10%
anbugenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 12:35 AM   #217
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katerfreak View Post
GenCon is a HUGE convention and it is held at the Convention Center in downtown Indy and several events are also in the surrounding hotels. It is held typically in the 3rd week of august.
HUGE is a good word for it. GenCon takes over much of downtown Indy. It is based in the Convention Center, but also spills out into at least four other hotels and the National City Center, so there are events scheduled pretty much all over that part of the city. But when you have 30,000 to 50,000 people coming in every day, you can't fit them all into one building.

"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #218
ElectraStarr
+Rhodes

:: pops head out from hibernation::

Gencon? I've been told it's not as much fun if you're not into gaming, even though the cosplay has been getting bigger each year.

Sigh. I am in cosplay withdrawal. Freakin' winter in the midwest. I'm getting so antsy for ACen, even if I haven't even started my costumes. But that's par for the course for me

::envying those in warmer climates::

Back to studying for finals.

Conventions:

Leaky Con '12 // Midwestria '12 // Chicago TARDIS '12

Planned/In-Progress:
Femme!Four- Doctor Who - 80%
Blue Kang (Drinking Fountain)- Doctor Who - 10%

Eclectic Threads Cosplay

ElectraStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #219
Katerfreak
Cupcake lover

It's true.
GenCon is totally aimed at Gamers. But, normally I have a good time just going one day, walking around the dealer's hall and people watching Guess it depends on how far the drive would be just to spend a few hours there; for me it's only 15 minutes.
you should go to Ohayocon
Unread 12-04-2007, 03:54 PM   #220
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

GenCon is enormous, and they've realized that they have a lot of non-gaming spouses and anime fans attending, so they have a LOT of stuff aimed at non-gamers now. Some of this year's non-game features included a manga library (give your badge at the door and read as many manga as you want for as long as you like!), viewing rooms showing anime and films, panels and the Writer's Symposium for fiction fans/writers (this year they had a bunch of really awesome top fantasy novelists in the WS), celebrity guests, anime voice-dubbing demos, a HUMONGOUS dealer's room, even a massage and yoga suite... pretty much anything you could imagine.

The only thing they're really short on is costuming/cosplay programming, but I expect they'll add more of that within a couple of years.

Unread 12-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #221
SummonerYuna
Perfectly Imperfect

I know this is a really random thing to say, but I'm in a really random mood so I'll say it anyway.

All the sudden, a christmas cosplay gethering in Indiana sounds like it would be fun!

Yeah. Really random, but oh well. ^^'
Unread 12-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #222
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

It does sound fun... /sigh/ If only I had time to host one! In addition to relocating our entire business and finishing up personal Christmas stuff, we're in major panic mode trying to get our new costumes done for OhayoCon.

Unread 12-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #223
Katerfreak
Cupcake lover

I'm also in the post-finals/pre-new semester/holiday/and ohayocon costuming busy schedule
It would be fun to actually plan out a meeting type thing for sometime in the spring maybe...when the weather is slightly less iffy...tornadoes anyone ?
Unread 12-17-2007, 09:44 PM   #224
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Tornadoes in the spring... mega ice storms in the winter... I had to chip my car open three times today; it kept freezing shut. (I still haven't gotten two of the doors open.)

Unread 12-29-2007, 10:31 PM   #225
Llamashroom
1-800-HELP-YOU

I almost CRIED when I saw this thread. Fort Wayne!
Uhm, is Ikasucon or Jen Con Indy any good?
I used to live in Columbus (Ohayocon), but I didn't know about cosplay and cons till I moved here. Curses. So anywhoo, as much as I'd LOVE to go back to Ohio I'd prefer not to ask my parents to drive me to Ohio for a con (it'd be my first con too).
I'm specifically looking for info on Ikasucon (closest). But the forum for Ikasucon is closed or something. =____=;;
And I'd rather not read through so many pages of posts.
Help? D :
Llamashroom is offline   Reply With Quote