Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #751
borzou
Tape Measure Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
My con going depends entirely on if I'm taking classes over the summer. :/

Woah, woah, woah....Evansville has a con? Say whaaa?
borzou is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #752
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borzou View Post
Woah, woah, woah....Evansville has a con? Say whaaa?
Has, for years. http://www.evillecon.com/

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #753
borzou
Tape Measure Guy

Figures they would start having a con after I moved away from that god forsaken city.
borzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #754
xRaiju

I just got into cosplay last year when I decided to go trick or treating as original Ash Ketchum in a pokemon group thing xD. Well I just recently moved to Fort Wayne area for college also. My first con will be Ikasucon unless I can make it to any others before then. Hopefully will be doing Kaito this year if my costume is made right and is finished on time.
xRaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #755
OvershieldKusu

Hello. I'm from the Noblesville/Indy area. I have only recently started getting into "cosplay" like things. So far, I don't really plan on making direct replica's of existing characters but rather design my own from those influences. I also only work with the "real" materials, ie chainmail, hardened leather, plate. I'm not really into the idea of foam. I should be finishing my fiance's first suit in the next week or so. (Depending on if I can get the boiling of the leather down)
OvershieldKusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #756
Tsunayoshi27

I live near Ft. Wayne, and I'm planning on going to Ikasucon! Dunno what cosplay I'm doing. (i am debating between Digimon and DRR!) ;p
Tsunayoshi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #757
Sophie_Sapphism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunayoshi27 View Post
I live near Ft. Wayne, and I'm planning on going to Ikasucon! Dunno what cosplay I'm doing. (i am debating between Digimon and DRR!) ;p
Oh hi!
I'm going to Ikasucon this year :3
And lol, honestly I think it'd be really cool if you were someone from Digimon just cause you don't see many Digimon cosplayers these days, it'd be really cool.
Lol although I am a big fan of DRRR as well (Gonna be cosplaying Shizuo, Izaya, and Kida at some point in time)
And BTW I LOVE YOUR NAME <3
I love KHR XDDDD
Sophie_Sapphism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #758
Sawsbuck
Season Pokemon

I'm located in Frankton, IN. Y'know, the middle of nowhere! But it's close enough to Indianapolis to go there for meetups and events. I cosplay from Fullmetal Alchemist, Pokemon, and Final Fantasy. Right now I am planning for Anime Central! May be willing to add another person or two to our carpool, if anyone is interested.
Sawsbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #759
rajamitsu

Might be kinda neat to get some kind of DRRR! gathering at Ikasucon. :3 My husband and I have dressed as Walker and Erika.

Randomly, has anyone gone to any of Ramencon's pre-con meetups? There was one this last Friday in Lafayette.
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #760
GenLover

I'm in Martinsville, about 50 minutes South of Indy. I'm going to Animeworld Indy and Ikasucon this year. I'm Cosplaying as Genesis (although I'm completely redoing the outfit I did last year and am fixing it up more) Misty from Pokemon and Link from Zelda.

2014 Convention List:
Indy Pop Con * May 30-June 1
Gen Con * August 14-17
Star Base Indy * November 28-30
GenLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #761
kuronekochan
Kat

I'm up in Lafayette. I have only so far done FMA, Naruto, gender bent Hetalia. Going to be going to GenCon this year. I know it is more geared for gaming, but the gamers apprecitate our cosplays. Trust me. They love it.

So many cosplays, so little time.

There are three kinds of family: Those we are born to, those born to us, and those we let into our hearts.
kuronekochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #762
rajamitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronekochan View Post
I'm up in Lafayette. I have only so far done FMA, Naruto, gender bent Hetalia. Going to be going to GenCon this year. I know it is more geared for gaming, but the gamers apprecitate our cosplays. Trust me. They love it.
Oh, they do! The only thing I don't like is that they're really shy about asking for pictures. ^^ Plenty of people do ask, but I noticed a lot will just stealth-photo. I know someone out there has me as Ciel scratching my nose and later I found a couple of me texting. ^^;;
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #763
GenLover

I've decided to forgo Ikasucon and do Anime Crossroads in December instead. That will give me 5 months between AnimeWorld and Anime Crossroads. My husband tries to get me to go to Gencon but I went once and it's just not my thing. I'm like the furthest thing from a gamer that can exist. I make my husband play the games so I can watch the storyline lol

2014 Convention List:
Gen Con * August 14-17
Unread 03-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #764
kuronekochan
Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenLover View Post
I've decided to forgo Ikasucon and do Anime Crossroads in December instead. That will give me 5 months between AnimeWorld and Anime Crossroads. My husband tries to get me to go to Gencon but I went once and it's just not my thing. I'm like the furthest thing from a gamer that can exist. I make my husband play the games so I can watch the storyline lol
but at least you can go with your hubby! I'm finally getting to go with my boyfriend (3 and a half years together and it feels like we're married!) Its always cute to see couples together at cons.

So many cosplays, so little time.

There are three kinds of family: Those we are born to, those born to us, and those we let into our hearts.
kuronekochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #765
GenLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronekochan View Post
but at least you can go with your hubby! I'm finally getting to go with my boyfriend (3 and a half years together and it feels like we're married!) Its always cute to see couples together at cons.
I'm totally going to say flat out. He is BORING at cons. He knows this too. I've dragged him to Marcon three years in a row and I've finally given up. LOL

2014 Convention List:
Gen Con * August 14-17