Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-21-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

Skits That SHOULD Be Done

Thanks to Andrea in the "Overdone Skits" pages, we shall start a "Skits That Should Be Done" in response to those skits that have been overkilled.

Her original suggestion was to have the Haruhi Suzumiyas doing the Hare Hare Yukai dance when...

All sorts of characters (villains, pirates, ninjas, whatever) take the stage, and kill them. Then, instead of staggering off, they do the "Thriller" dance when suddenly others with guns chase them off.

Have you got a response to an "overdone" skit? Post them here.

Unread 11-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
salazar
oh, schist...

No response to an overdone skit, per se, but I would like to see a GOOD dramatic skit. Of course, those are very hard to accomplish without seeming foolish. C'est la vie.

member: uncouth (un)ltd. cosplay group

〜みんあで歌おうゲゲゲのゲ〜

Last edited by salazar : 11-21-2007 at 12:18 PM.
salazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #3
pmastamonkmonk
BOOM. Headshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salazar View Post
No response to an overdone skit, per se, but I would like to see a GOOD dramatic skit. Of course, those are very hard to accomplish without seeming foolish. C'est la vie.
There was an epic drama skit at AAC this past October. Inuyasha and Kikyo, nice dialogue, special effects (the rosary lit the hell up!!), and a kiss. However, music ran longer than it should've and the kiss lasted a bit longer than could keep the attention mature, but the over all skit was adorable and, though there was no punch line, it's one of few skits I can really remember clearly... that didn't suck, anyway.
pmastamonkmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
DayDream
The DreamWeaver Alchemist

There's a really good dramatic one on youtube with Sora and Roxas. http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=T7qwjpXdW3E

Dramatic skits are much harder to do. It takes actual skill, so the average joe who can jump around on stage and get a laugh can't pull it off (not that there's anything wrong with getting laughs).
L

Next con(s):
Kumoricon (?)
Yaoi-Con
DayDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDream View Post
Dramatic skits are much harder to do. It takes actual skill, so the average joe who can jump around on stage and get a laugh can't pull it off (not that there's anything wrong with getting laughs).
Years of theatre have taught me to disagree with this. It is much easier to make someone feel dramatic emotions than to laugh. Anime cons just have terrible audiences.
Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 09:59 PM   #6
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

It's not that dramatic skits are hard, they're just quite difficult to get a point across with, and since there is often no music or quick movement keeping the audience's attention flitting, they grow confused, and that's why they're less sucessful.

Comedy is VERY tough. I think because most Masq Skit start out as something that was meant to be funny is the reason there are so many comedy skits.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #7
LGS

There needs to be a skit where there's a bunch of crossplayers, and they get up and dance to a rewrite of "Sweet Transvestite".

I think it would be epic, if done right.
Unread 12-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #8
Koi
Promiscuous Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGS View Post
There needs to be a skit where there's a bunch of crossplayers, and they get up and dance to a rewrite of "Sweet Transvestite".

I think it would be epic, if done right.
But crossplayers aren't transvestites... in mod society it's come to imply homosexuality as well as crossdressing. Besides, you'd never get it unless the people on stage were OBVIOUSLY crossplaying (like, able to see their faces fromthe back of an auditorium).

I think for a RHPS skit it'd be cool to have a group of naruto cosplayers or KH cosplayers (or some other popular series that had a time skip in costumes), have a bunch from the original series (original Sasuke, original Sora etc..), along with their counterparts in time skip costumes (time skip Sasuke, time skip Sora etc..), and dance part of the "Time Warp". For me that would be hilarious.
Unread 12-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

There needs to be an epic Gankoutsou skit with "Masqurade" from Phantom. The song repeats itself a lot, so you could cut a fair bit out (especially the minute or two which is all dancing) to have the Count enter at the end when the Phantom's music kicks in and it shifts to "Why So Silent, Good Monsiuers?"

Rewritten a lot of course. But I'd be squirming with happiness if I ever saw one, because it'd involve a ton of Gankoutsou characters (who are insidiously difficult to cosplay; moving patterns and such, you see), and you'd need to have a small set of stairs with a curtain across the top for the Count to make a dramatic entrance.

And you'd be commenting on the folks in costume in the audience too. ^.^ I'm not sure how successful breaking the fourth wall is in comedy skits, though.

Or, I suppose, if you wanted to be a bit more obvious, pull some stuff from Sweeney Todd for the Count to sing.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 12-02-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #10
SailorAnime
Random Wanderer

Oh, I'd love to see Tifa, Loz, and a group of Turks (FF7) do the dance for Temptation of Sonata by Ivy, since her music video blatantly ripped off Advent Children. XD That would be awesome.
SailorAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2007, 09:45 PM   #11
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

I'd like to see a skit that's Harvey Birdman Vs Phoenix Wright *shrug*

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Done/Working On/Pattern/Not started

Pants Tunic Dickie Surcoat Armor Boots Belt Wig
Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #12
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

Where they both say "OBJECTION"?
Unread 12-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #13
EgnirysFaye
Knows all your secrets

I'd like to see an anime/game that's horror or paranormal related (Silent Hill, XxxHolic etc) done to the song ghostbusters...not sure if its out there yet. If its done well it would be pretty funny to say the least! I repeat, if its done nicely.

I personaly want to do it for various reasons *points down at Yuuko cosplay* since it kinda sounds better than a current idea we have...

Future/In Progress Cosplays:
||Lyanna (95%) ::Game of Thrones ASOIAF||King Canute::Vinland Saga
|| ? ::Once Upon a Time || Princess Tutu::Princess Tutu{Coppelia}||Louise Belcher::Bob's Burger's
EgnirysFaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2007, 07:23 AM   #14
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

*laughs* Someone on LJ actually suggested the other day that you could sing the words to the Ghostbusters theme to a particular track in Vagrant Story, and added "Who you gonna call? RISKBREAKERS!" Since a large portion of the game features Ashley fighting the undead, I totally want to do this sometime. Unfortunately, it involves actually having an Ashley cosplayer to go with my Sydney. And zombie Crimson Blades. And possibly a Rosencrantz cosplayer also for maximum hilarity ("I ain't afraid of no Dark!"), but I actually know one, so that's not so much a problem as the Ashley or zombified knights.

Also the problem with doing it with Vagrant Story is that, you know, nobody played Vagrant Story. :P
Unread 12-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #15
gambit86
Yeah, I can fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Also the problem with doing it with Vagrant Story is that, you know, nobody played Vagrant Story. :P
I loled

It could be worst, I did Ryu Soma from Argent Soma and no one had even heard of the show.

Anywho, Id say any actual comedy skit is great to do and is always enjoyed. Not something that only people who are big fans of that show would get.

Audiences dont care about love triangles of people they dont know.

Audiences DO love the turks from FF7 singing men in tights.
gambit86 is offline   Reply With Quote