Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 08-22-2005, 01:25 AM   #1
Lucrezea

Anime Evolution - What did you think?

(blank)

Last edited by Lucrezea : 09-26-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Unread 08-22-2005, 01:47 AM   #2
Smile.

I thought it was crap. Crappier than last year. Could have been because I lacked a kickass costume this year so I didn't get much attention for it... But I noticed not a lot of people's costumes were impressive either. It was a lot more empty than last time, and I know of a few people that backed out of it either beforehand, or afterwards, because it was so shitty. Even worse than Animethon, my friend said.
We literally had to scream and annoy people to keep entertained.

They should really get more food places. Mr. Sub... Sucks. All those asian foods... Suck. Everything there... Sucks. Where's all the pizza and fries? God.
Smile. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 02:56 AM   #3
Saffi
Neko cosplayer

wow... that was... harsh..

course i've not been to AE before.... I'm a Toronto con goer, and I gotta say, it wasn't too bad.... it wasn't as busy as say.... Anime North or CNA... but you know, it's a small con..

And it's better than no con right?

For me.. it was a chance to get together with my friends out west, dress up, act like idiots and have fun....

I guess it's just what you go to a con for... I go to get dressed up and play around, and I got that so I was happy and i'm really looking forward to next year..

if you're going for a con, with buying stuff and big panels and things like that.. it's hit and miss with any con.. big or small..

i tend to find cons are what you make of them.. and I made this one fun..

so while it wasn't a 10 on the scale... it was above 5 so better than average...

sorry your experience sucked... and with lack of foodage (which happens at pretty well any con) next time hit up a local grocery store and bring some non perishables that you can snack on... that's what we did.. then went out to sushi after...

again... it's what you make it.

(and i really didn't mean this to sound as preachy as it does... sorry.. >.<)

-saff
Unread 08-22-2005, 04:31 AM   #4
KurosakiHisoka
Canadian Cosplayer

AE was a bit better last year, and seems to have gotten smaller this year. The con bags contained a half an Animerica issue and a Del Ray sampler. Disappointment. I personally think Sakura Con, AE's "big sister" con, is kind of taking over and using/distributing AE's funds incorrectly.

Aside from that, I don't think you should have to MAKE cons fun. After being at things like AX, Anime North, and Sakura Con, it sort of proves that lots of events make the day. Take a lesson, AE.

I sort of second that other con attendee too: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get some new food sources, AE. At least Vancouver wasn't so far away.
KurosakiHisoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 11:10 AM   #5
Kaze no Yume
kachosen!!!

Being my first con, I can't really compare it others. But at least it lived up to my expectations of a con. The staffs and fellow cosplayers were nice.

The only thing that I didn't like was the lack of activities. Most of the rooms were just showing anime.

Last edited by Kaze no Yume : 08-22-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Kaze no Yume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 01:32 PM   #6
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile.
I thought it was crap. Crappier than last year. Could have been because I lacked a kickass costume this year so I didn't get much attention for it... But I noticed not a lot of people's costumes were impressive either. It was a lot more empty than last time, and I know of a few people that backed out of it either beforehand, or afterwards, because it was so shitty. Even worse than Animethon, my friend said.
We literally had to scream and annoy people to keep entertained.

They should really get more food places. Mr. Sub... Sucks. All those asian foods... Suck. Everything there... Sucks. Where's all the pizza and fries? God.
Wow not to put too fine a point on it, your post doesn't really tell me anything, it's just a weak diatribe at best, and trollish at the worst.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
Saffi
Neko cosplayer

kai, you're my hero....
Unread 08-22-2005, 02:42 PM   #8
Kanina
sea-changed

I really enjoyed it. Then again, it was my first con, so I cannot really compare... It could have been better organised I suppose, but it wasn't too bad on that note. There was enough there to keep me entertained :3 Now I know what to bring and how to bring it to the next con, so it was a really satisfying experience... despite taking three wrong turns on the way back to the ferry >.<
Kanina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 03:02 PM   #9
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanina
I really enjoyed it. Then again, it was my first con, so I cannot really compare... It could have been better organised I suppose, but it wasn't too bad on that note. There was enough there to keep me entertained :3 Now I know what to bring and how to bring it to the next con, so it was a really satisfying experience... despite taking three wrong turns on the way back to the ferry >.<

Hey if you enjoyed it , you enjoyed it. You don't need to be some con attending pro to know wether or not you had a good time. Don't let anyone put your opinion down just because it was your first con.

Cheers!

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #10
TribalButterfly
How Much Longer Until CN?

I didnt go to it But i will hopefully see most of you at CN this weekend!
Unread 08-22-2005, 04:31 PM   #11
Jakotsu_sama

I thought AE was good--a bit better than last year, actually, because they seemed slightly more aware of their own shedule. ^^

The cosplay contest was fantastic, the dealers hall was... amazing (the selection was awesome, despite the random infestations of Naruto, FMA, and Bleach), and everybody seemed to be having fun. Which is what it all comes down to, I think.

Pretty much the only things that irked me were random cancellations of some anime showings, the occasional rude staffer (which I'm pretty sure only happened because they're stressed and such), and the fact that I kept getting my "name" mispronounced when I was cosplaying. *laughs*

All in all, I enjoyed AE, and I'll keep attending it for as long as it keeps running. It's not huge and yes, it certainly is overshadowed by other cons such as Sakura Con, etc, but I think it's a good convention overall. They try their best, and it's difficult to try and please 3000+ people at the same time, so kudos to AE anyway. *shrugs* ^^

Last edited by Jakotsu_sama : 08-22-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Jakotsu_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 05:07 PM   #12
Oselle
Froufaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalButterfly
Uhm, AE is in BC, Tribalbutterfly. Most people don't make the cross-country jaunt for a weekend con (though some do!).
Unread 08-22-2005, 05:11 PM   #13
Squall1882

**Lol, guess I was typing when Oselle posted her post**

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalButterfly
I doubt you'll see many of them at CN since AE is in British Columbia. You were planning a trip there?? Is it expensive, I was looking into going there myself... though lack of funds stopped me cold.

One day I will make the trek to AE.. always wanted to see more of BC too... perfect opportunity!!

Cafe Delish - Head of Operations
Squall1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 06:17 PM   #14
Smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijugal
Wow not to put too fine a point on it, your post doesn't really tell me anything, it's just a weak diatribe at best, and trollish at the worst.
Haha. It tells you a lot: It was crap. Most people was dressed as crap. It was empty. People didn't want to stay. It was boring. The food sucked.

Grow some eyes and stop being a god damn wanker just to annoy me.
Smile. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 07:52 PM   #15
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile.
Haha. It tells you a lot: It was crap. Most people was dressed as crap. It was empty. People didn't want to stay. It was boring. The food sucked.

Grow some eyes and stop being a god damn wanker just to annoy me.
That's your opinion. Doesn't make it everyone's. People have gone to cons like NAF which had less than 100 in total attendance for the entire thing and had a ton of fun.

Kai was making a comment that your post was rude, and it was, to both the people who spent their time organizing and running it, as well as anyone who put effort into their costumes (and possibly to those who just threw something together as an excuse to look amusing).

If it was so horrible, perhaps you should keep it to yourself and not ruin it for those who could find some good in the con. Oh, and thanks for all the fragmented sentences. Your grammar makes me cry. =P

Next Convention: Youmacon
2009 Cons: Katsucon, Con-G, MacTAC, Ad Astra, Anime North, Colossalcon, Polaris, Otakuthon, Otakon, CN Anime, Youmacon, DTAC maybe more...
Amy the Yu is offline   Reply With Quote