Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon > Rides / Roommates

Unread 08-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #1
ChibiToon
What have you done?

Unhappy Help me for 2006

Gah! >_< Yeah, I know... EXTREMELY early. But now that the dates are out and I'm already beginning to hear that the Days Inn is full (I ONLY HEARD THAT! IT MIGHT NOT BE TRUE!), I'd thought I'd ask now just in case.

See, I usually went to Otakon with my best friend and fellow cosplayer. Unfortunately, yesterday she left for college in Pittsburgh and will not be returning (except for holidays) for 3-4 years.

So, I am now on my own. *proceeds to hold up a sign that reads "Please give an otaku some company."* I would go by myself, but my parents are very protective. They want to make sure that I will be with someone when I am there (in a hotel room, I mean. i can walk around the convention on my own if necessary).

I am 20-years-old. I'm usually shy and quiet around anyone new, so I won't be loud and cause a commotion. I don't drink or smoke, yet I also don't have a problem with people who do (unless they like getting trashed. O.o;; ) I have a parttime job now, but I should have a full-time job by next year, so money (toward room expenses or whatever) is not a problem.

If anyone has anymore questions, please PM me. I also apologize in advance if this thread is TOO early to be up and must be closed down. Thank you.

CT

Future Cosplays: More APH, Angel Sanctuary, CCSakura, K-ON, TsubasaRC, and Kuroshitsuji.

Last edited by ChibiToon : 08-30-2005 at 06:51 PM.
ChibiToon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-27-2005, 01:08 AM   #2
Misa-chan
batteries not included

No need to panic, I think the Days Inn is the "staff hotel", they're probably just reserving it for their people so I don't think that many con-goers are booking like crazy already ^^;; As of now I'm, not sure about my own room situation but there's alot of activity on the <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~otakon">Otakon LJ Community</a>, try asking there. <3

:: Next: Anime North 09 ::
-Formal Casca (Berserk)
-Shinobu (No More Heroes)
-Bunny Bulma (Dragon Ball)
-Yamine Aku adult ver. (Vocaloid)[?]

2009: Setsucon, Katsucon, Anime North, Anime Expo, Otakon, NYAF, AUSA
Misa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2005, 06:32 PM   #3
Life Size 23
Straw Hats and 9 Doors!

I know I am going to Otkaon 2006, not sure what hotel will be at since it is really early but I am sure its fine if you want to room and walk around with us. PM me.
Life Size 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2005, 08:29 PM   #4
QueepQuap

I would just like to verify that yes, the Days Inn is booked up for the otakon weekend next year. I called last night to see if they were accepting reservations yet, and they said they were already booked. The entire hotel, not just an otakon block

-Ryan
QueepQuap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #5
Azhures

i want to go badly... Ive been trying to go for the past 3 years, but dont have the money for a hotel room or a ride.

Hopefully this year i can find somebody to stay with.
Azhures is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2006, 01:23 AM   #6
xkiddo
Werd

I just looked on the site and it says the otakon blocks in the hyatt and holiday inn are also sold out. there might still be rooms for regular price though. you'd have to call to verify that. so we all should try to book a.s.a.p! the site is www.otakon.com

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

or should I?

xkiddo is offline   Reply With Quote