Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 09-04-2005, 05:16 PM   #1
LadyAmaryllis
Asparagus Eater

Cosplay for Male Twins?

I have a friend who isn't on Cosplay.com that wanted me to post this. He and his brother are Vietnamese twins and are looking to take advantage of their twin-ness in their cosplay. I suggested Vash and Knives from Trigun (omg that would be hot) but he's not sure what he thinks about that.

Does anybody know of a good male twin cosplay to do? Whether they are twins in series, brothers, people who look alike, or different costumes for the same character...he's looking for suggestions! xD Any help would be much appreciated.
LadyAmaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-04-2005, 05:21 PM   #2
GeraniumxDreams
Rhapsody in Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAmaryllis
I have a friend who isn't on Cosplay.com that wanted me to post this. He and his brother are Vietnamese twins and are looking to take advantage of their twin-ness in their cosplay. I suggested Vash and Knives from Trigun (omg that would be hot) but he's not sure what he thinks about that.

Does anybody know of a good male twin cosplay to do? Whether they are twins in series, brothers, people who look alike, or different costumes for the same character...he's looking for suggestions! xD Any help would be much appreciated.
Suboshi and Amiboshi from Fushigi Yuugi.

OMG I would glomp them if they did that. =D

"I am Valentinez Alkalinelia Xifax Sicidabohertz Gumbigobillo Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovicci Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the 3rd. Don't hesitate to call!"

"Thou shalt not kill! What the HELL kind of Churchman ARE YOU!?"
GeraniumxDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #3
Mana P. Malice
Allmächtig

Get Backers-http://may2again.canalblog.com/8249.jpg
Inuyasha-http://www.princessserena.com/wallpapera145.jpg
Mana P. Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 05:31 PM   #4
Nina Star 9
Amano Tsukiko Addict

dane and virgil in devil may cry

for crossplay, mio and mayu amakura from fatal frame 2
Nina Star 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 07:05 PM   #5
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

The only twins I could think of (Suboshi and Amiboshi) has been suggested.

Perhaps they could do alternate versions of the same character? Some VG charas have "player one" and "Player 2" versions. That could be neat.

Or if a character has an alter-ego, they could go one as each version. For example, in Kaitou Jeanne, her "nemesis" Sinbad has an alter-ego schoolboy (or vice versa, really). I can't really think of many alter-ego versions that would both be recognizable (KKJ's Sinbad is fairly recognizeable since the school uniform, IIRC, isn't a normal color).

Not really twins, more like versions of the same character but not quite, Tsukasa from .hack and Elk from the .hack game (not sure which one, there's a few games). Same outfit, basically, but different colors.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 07:07 PM   #6
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

In The King of Fighters '99, the main character Kyo is cloned. Two of his clones, Kyo-1 and Kyo-2, are playable characters. And hey, on the fighting game aspect, they could easily do any one character and that character's alternate costume/color. ^^ Or for that matter, any character that has more than one recognizable outfit. For example, Ferio changes outfits between season one and two of Magic Knight Rayearth and either one is well known to fans.

Oh! Though I doubt it'd be appealing outside of his fans, T.M.Revolution has done more than a few photoshoots where he has a duplicate of himself in another outfit. Good references for that include the albums "Seventh Heaven" and "The Force".

Perhaps different colored Links like in the recent Zelda Four Swords games would work. XD Or even the different tunics in Ocarina of Time, but in Four Swords there's actually multiple Links at once.

Maybe even something like Tsukasa and Elk from .hack//SIGN and the games. Since it's based in the world of a MMORPG, they're the same character class but have different colors in their outfits and so forth.

For actual brothers or twins, I can think of Yoh and Hao from Shaman King or Ayame and Yuki from Fruits Basket (they're supposed to look fairly alike~).

I'm kinda blanking out now though, aside from what's been mentioned. :X Dante and Virgil, Amiboshi and Suboshi, and even Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru are good ideas. ^_^!

[edit] Aha, I took so long to post that Eleryth beat me to saying some of my ideas. XD

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)

Last edited by Michi : 09-04-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 07:43 PM   #7
Purple Flames
Rollin' like Jack Dempsey

Yun and Yang from Street Fighter III.
Purple Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:11 PM   #8
LadyAmaryllis
Asparagus Eater

zomg! SO many good ideas! thank you all xD
LadyAmaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:13 PM   #9
Milady
Cheesecakes Addicted

Hi ! I agree: Vash & Knives would be GREAT !

You can also cosplay every video games you want as 1rst and second players...

You'll be hot! That's rare to see mal twin !
good luck

Website
Milady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:23 PM   #10
AznReject9

Try A and B from Clover by Clamp. http://kendachan.free.fr/cadeaux/gal...r/clov4-gd.jpg

the Vietnamese traditional clothing (Aoi Dai, sp?) should be similar to their clothing.
AznReject9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:36 PM   #11
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Also consider possibly one doing a normal version of a costume, and the other doing a "battle damaged" version - for video games or anime involving fighting, where a character's clothing gets torn and bloodied. They could go around together as "before and after" shots of the same character.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #12
hoshi-p
歌姫

They could do the twins from Touch by Adachi Mitsuru.

Kamui and Fuuma from X.
hoshi-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:58 PM   #13
Bagu
absolutely! umm..what?

Xamot and Tomax from G.I Joe.
Bagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 11:27 PM   #14
Princess_Zelda
Made in the 80's

Yeah, like Michi said, the multiple colors of Link from Four Swords...Or you can do Link and Dark Link that would be TOTALLY awesome to see! Just ask who's the more eviler twin!

(ps- I'm a twin too, but we're fraternal...I'm the hotter one...)

"The SoCal Cosplay Gathering is one of the greatest gatherings EVER!!!!11" -Snapple Fact #81
Wait! Don't drink the black stuff!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Princess_Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #15
mikazuki
三日月

From Justirisers there were twin baddies but their costumes would be very difficult to replicate for someone who doesn't have the skills or money.