Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 09-04-2005, 08:11 PM   #1
D-Chan
Essence of Forgetfulness

Post D*C 2005

Post D*C already for some of us. So how was it.. was it as good for you as it was for me? XP
D-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-04-2005, 11:05 PM   #2
Monicator
The Video Game Cosplayer

Yea everything was fun except for waiting in line for Registration. Ahhh Registration Line is EVIL! LOL So I missed that cosplay.com meet, oh well it was still fun. I saw some of the parade while getting to registration, it was awesome and alot of good art was displayed. I think i'll go again next year also, but im going to make sure I PRE-REGISTER and join the parade ^_^
Monicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #3
Toastersix
Toaster Six

I had a really great time hanging out with everyone that I saw. I'll definetly be back next year. ^_^ The few pictures that I took will be up shortly, at which I'm I'll link to them either on this thread or a general photo links thread.

Yay Dragon*Con! I hope you guys who are still there are having a great time! Try to get *some* sleep.
Unread 09-05-2005, 12:52 AM   #4
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I missed the Cosplay.com meet as well; took a bunch of pics over the weekend that I will post eventually. I was the Scarlet Witch on Friday, Cloud City Leia (from Star Wars) on Saturday and was wearing a green embroidered sari on Sunday.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2005, 11:12 AM   #5
a-tastic

it was fun, though my feet are still aching, and i am very, very happy to be back in reliable air conditioning. we left right before the masquerade on sunday 'cause my group and i were just so darned tired..we're just old farts, i guess. heh heh.

if you'd like to check out the pics i took (and if you see yourself there and don't want to be there, let me know..) they're at:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b372/s...goncon%202005/

i've only got about half up right now. the rest will be up by wednesday.

i just wanted to thank all the totally awesome people that came up and said hi-- it was really wonderful to meet you all and i hope to see you next year!!!
there were so many fantastic costumes!

time to get back to laundry...

Last edited by a-tastic : 09-05-2005 at 06:24 PM.
a-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #7
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

I had the time of my life!! This was my first con ever and I have to tell you I should have gone years ago. I also missed the cosplay.com meeting after the parade, but I was hangn' with Cobra (cobracares.com). I still got to meet a lot of people on this site at Dragon Con so even thought the meeting after the parade didn't seem to work like we wanted, it's all good.

So many positive comments I want to list about members/staff of cosplay.com. I'll have to get to posting those later. I, like everyone else, am a little tired and need some rest to deal with the real world tomorrow.

I hope everyone returns from the places they are from safely. For those that could make it this year as well as those I ran into and meet for the first time I look forward to meeting you all again for Dragon Con 2K6!
fightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #8
_T3_
Alaska Pete?

Despite the fact that the trips to and from the 'Con were HELL ON EARTH and some evil glitch resulted in us having to wait four hours for a hotel room, it was one of the highlights of my year for sure. My Vash costume got a lot of nice compliments (and a LOT of fangirls wanted hugs from the humanoid typhoon. Hawhaw) as did my Pyramid Head. (Even though a lot of people weren't familiar with the character.) I got to see lots of Voltaire shows, found a buncha cool stuff in the dealer's room, met a lot of folks I've become aquainted with over the past few 'cons (as well as met a few new people) and basically drove my body past it's exhaustion tolerance point for the sake of fun. Huzzah!

I did make it to the Cosplay.com photoshoot, and it was neat even though I haven't been posting here for very long. I'll be sure to start uploading tons'a pics as soon as I can!
_T3_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2005, 11:47 PM   #9
Bevandera
Cosplay n00b

Dragon*Con 2005 was the most fun I've had. Period. Friday I was Chris Redfield...people recognized me, more people yelled "OMG IT'S GI JOE!"...meh. BUT...Saturday I went as Angel from Buffy, won the Buffyverse costume contest, and then me and a girl dressed up as Buffy got our pictures taken several hundred times (literally) by 4:00 AM. Sunday I started the day as Chris Redfield again, the lack of recognition made me sad, so I finished with another Angel session and went home happy
Bevandera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2005, 12:07 AM   #10
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Please post in this thread if you have any picture-links to your cosplay.com galleries and/or website pictures:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=67417

Feel free to discuss how you thought Dragon-con was for you this year. I had a great time again and it was more fun than last year. I'll post more thoughts & reaction when I finish posting all of my pictures.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2005, 05:55 AM   #11
nachtinis
GIVE ME BACK MY FACE

Me an my homies had a great time. We came, we saw, we likee Dragon*Con. There was no real negatives that we went through, a fairly smooth experience for me and my buddies. All in all a great convention that I would recommend to ANYONE who likes sci-fi, fantasy, anime, horrer, action, suspense, comics, etc...
nachtinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2005, 09:13 AM   #12
katrinastrife

I had a great time, except for some hotel-BS that I had to deal with. Umm... Did anyone catch who won the masquerade?
Unread 09-06-2005, 10:37 AM   #13
halafax
Mad scientist

Um....its over and i dont feel like I did anything. Then again we had alot of other crap that happened and make it kinda blah. THe getting in and out of costume and dragging my death hauler around was absolutly no fun. I met Eurobeat King, and a few other ppl on cosplay.com.

I had my pic taken a million times and slept very little. I think Ill be in recovery for a month.
Unread 09-06-2005, 10:48 AM   #14
Darth Takeo
Team Takeo

The con was a blast. Met up with lots of other Star Wars cosplayers and had a great time talking to everyone. The Ghostbustin' the parade was a lotta fun and glad we didn't miss it! Meeting the multiple celebs was a cool thing. All of them were fun to be around. Big shout out to Eurobeat King for more great photography! The Team will post our pics as soon as we have'em ready.
Unread 09-06-2005, 11:30 AM   #15
Bevandera
Cosplay n00b

Wink

Haha, yeah if anyone knows who won the masquerade fill us in please? I get the feeling I wasn't the only one who left after the Phantom-of-the-Opera-as-Monsters bit went longer than five minutes...the costumes were amazing, but I'm just not that into ballroom dancing
Bevandera is offline   Reply With Quote